The Guitar Thread

Tom

7 hours ago, sammynb said:

Don't know what possessed me seeing I've got three guitars to finish building but I just bought a Japanese made Jazzcaster/Telemaster, depending on who you ask what they are called. Lunacy!

Awkward Kermit The Frog GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Haha 1

On 18/09/2023 at 12:43, Tom said:

Tour starts Friday and I think the set is nearly there! 

I’m mainly looking forward to getting out of the country like. Looking at playing a festival in Sardinia next year :lol: 

Are you going traditional and doing the tour in a skanky van? 

On 29/09/2023 at 22:32, Blastronaut said:

Good luck with the tour man. Hope the van is green or your at least going to be blasting "Theme for a Big Green Van" on your travels.

The van is not remotely green :lol: 

It absolutely eats the fuel but is still

cheaper than hiring one! 

It’s gone well so far, a couple of poor nights but some very good ones and an incredible one in Bristol. 

We’d never played there and the room was full, people knew the songs and were dancing about and bought merch & vinyls :lol: 

We weren’t expecting any sort of crowd but got about 60 perfect strangers! Weird

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Tom said:

That looks wonderful! Also the chair is good 

Yeah it's nice, thanks Tom.

That chair! That chair is great for listening to music but it's no longer my chair. This little gorgeous one has claimed it as her's, hence PL's shirt aka her mat, on the chair.

IMG_2996.thumb.jpeg.5bf52fd28742dc9ef051fd14689784bf.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

IKEA pet bed 🙂 

And probably the cheapest of the many she has around the house!

She only has months, possibly weeks left on this mortal coil, so she can lie/sleep anywhere she likes.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 5

Thanks I, @Blastronaut, really don't want to lose her but it's the contract we enter into with pets.

She's 14 (Scottie's normally only live to 12 so we have been lucky) and has a tumour on her liver but as long she's not in pain and still able, she has the run of the house.

And being Scottish, as you can imagine, she can be a right stubborn one.

She's unfussed about music and is happy to listen to most things, although her brother who we lost two years ago, I swear he was an old jazz muso reincarnated and fucking hated anything with feedback, which is a lot of my taste.

• Like 2

On 22/06/2021 at 22:20, Andrew said:

Yeah I bought it.

My stellar impulse control at work again.

The Jackson is away to pasture new this week.

Been trimming down recently to allow space for a big purchase.

Custom Shop Tele, LTD EC Black Metal, Jackson DK2 your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

• Like 1

I'm getting a Strandberg. Left shoulder is fucked and I'm wanting to see if having a much lighter, better balanced guitar might help.

The more I look at them, the more I like them. They're not remotely cool but neither is not being able to play cos your shoulder's cabbaged.

• Like 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

I'm getting a Strandberg. Left shoulder is fucked and I'm wanting to see if having a much lighter, better balanced guitar might help.

The more I look at them, the more I like them. They're not remotely cool but neither is not being able to play cos your shoulder's cabbaged.

Well fuck there goes my shocking reveal in a couple of weeks.

I am also getting a Strandberg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Nice! What you going for?

Sorry to have blown your big reveal!

Well I have VERY limited options as a lefty, they've done a run this year which is the first for 7 years I think.

https://strandbergguitars.com/boden-lefty-nx-6/

the blue one.

Have you played one?

They look even more radge left handed! I'm going for a Boden Original NX6. No trem cos I never use them.

Nope never played one, so it's a bit of a risk but it's really difficult to find anyone with a bad word to say about them so I'm hopeful.

Have you played one yourself?

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They look even more radge left handed! I'm going for a Boden Original NX6. No trem cos I never use them.

Nope never played one, so it's a bit of a risk but it's really difficult to find anyone with a bad word to say about them so I'm hopeful.

Have you played one yourself?

I have, in 2017, and I've wanted one since but they are rare as hens teeth left handed, especially since I moved to the arse end of nowhere less than a year later!

The neck is wild, reall weird feeling at first and then after a minute its not.

I'll definitely be floating around the bottom of the list when it comes to technical ability and owning one of these guitars mind you :lol: , they're definitely for proper nerds

• Haha 1