The Guitar Thread

Tom

Aye I've gone down a rabbit hole whilst making my mind up/convincing myself that I was doing the right thing and it's Plini and all that crowd and pretty much nobody shit. Well that's about to change. :lol:

Have you got one ordered then or is it gonna be like trying to get a CL ticket on the day of release?

I'm selling my strat to part-fund this. Might put an acoustic that I rarely play up for sale too, just to cover more of the cost.

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I've gone down a rabbit hole whilst making my mind up/convincing myself that I was doing the right thing and it's Plini and all that crowd and pretty much nobody shit. Well that's about to change. :lol:

Have you got one ordered then or is it gonna be like trying to get a CL ticket on the day of release?

I'm selling my strat to part-fund this. Might put an acoustic that I rarely play up for sale too, just to cover more of the cost.

I was on it since they announced the lefty run, got in touch with Strandberg to find a ANZ dealer, they gave me the contact details for a distributor they hadn't announced yet who got me in touch with a dealer they hadn't announced yet.

I've had one locked in since before they were officially coming out :icon_lol: They'll be getting to Aus in mid November and then ones being sent on to me!

Ah that's mint. You definitely don't need the stress of waiting cos I'm guessing they'll be massively oversubscribed and gone in no time.

Bullshit being a lefty guitar player mind.

I'm hoping to get mine towards the end of the month.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm getting a Strandberg. Left shoulder is fucked and I'm wanting to see if having a much lighter, better balanced guitar might help.

The more I look at them, the more I like them. They're not remotely cool but neither is not being able to play cos your shoulder's cabbaged.

Scotty, have you ever seen how Steve Albini wears a guitar?

He uses a strap around his waist. Might work for you instead of over the shoulder.

This a crap interview but he explains how to do it.

• Like 1

Cheers mate, will have a watch of this. I've looked into all sorts - the performaxe thing that Andy Timmons uses, a stand that holds it in playing position (actually worse cos you have to try and play around the stand), the daft cushions that classical guitarists use, etc. You can even get a double sort of rucksack strap that has a contraption that your guitar clips into on the front if you really want to look like a cunt. :lol:

Am starting physio again this week which will hopefully help too. Cheers for this though, will give it a watch.

On 15/10/2023 at 09:30, Gemmill said:

I'm getting a Strandberg. Left shoulder is fucked and I'm wanting to see if having a much lighter, better balanced guitar might help.

The more I look at them, the more I like them. They're not remotely cool but neither is not being able to play cos your shoulder's cabbaged.

I didn't even know Strandberg guitars were still a thing. Cool.

I've been eyeing up those framus guitars Devin Townsend had them make, just not sure about those "evertune" bridges. And the fretboard lights, those can get to fuck.

So….our Rotterdam gigs were successful, great place to play music, wonderful city & people.

The Les Paul headstock break not so good :lol: 

So far it looks like a slight crack in the wood/lacquer & is slightly structurally compromised - next time it pops! 

Also there’s two almost black mineral flecks on the back on the guitar, which i can only attribute to the cabin pressure on the boat!?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

So….our Rotterdam gigs were successful, great place to play music, wonderful city & people.

The Les Paul headstock break not so good :lol: 

So far it looks like a slight crack in the wood/lacquer & is slightly structurally compromised - next time it pops! 

Also there’s two almost black mineral flecks on the back on the guitar, which i can only attribute to the cabin pressure on the boat!?

You see Tom. What you need is a guitar without a headstock. :lol:

Mint though, glad you're having a good time living the dream. I've been to Rotterdam with work and it was a decent night out.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tom said:

I honestly reckon we were under water level in our poor mans cabin :lol: 

:lol:
We had one of those on e the way over to Clogland. 

I think the kids were expecting some kind of sea view, they were visibly underwhelmed by the cupboard with beds in that we got. :lol:

Glad to hear life as a Rock Star is living up to the hype.