Larndan

wykikitoon

Well guys

This weekend I went to London for the first time ever as a tourist and not a football fan (well, Wembley) and I was mega impressed.

I stayed at Canery Wharfe and it was minta. As a Structural Engineer it was a total wet dream, I loved it.

However on the negative side, the place is full of ignorant people I must say. I asked a women if she wanted a hand with her push chair onto the tube and she looked at me as if I had 4 heads! I opened a door for someone and they looked at me as if I had just spat at them. Weird, weird stuff.

Now, I live in Leeds and Ive slowly started seeing this creeping into Leeds, what about anyone else?

Edited by wykikitoon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys

This weekend I went to London for the first time ever as a tourist and not a football fan (well, Wembley) and I was mega impressed.

I stayed at Canery Wharfe and it was minta. As a Structural Engineer it was a total wet dream, I loved it.

However on the negative side, the place is full of ignorant people I must say. I asked a women if she wanted a hand with her push chair onto the tube and she looked at me as if I had 4 heads! I opened a door for someone and they looked at me as if I had just spat at them. Weird, weird stuff.

Now, I live in Leeds and Ive slowly started seeing this creeping into Leeds, what about anyone else?

Was at Leeds this weekend, said the exact same thing, people don't move out the way if you wanna get past them, the barge into you etc. Geordies have more manners :razz:

Well guys

The tube totally fucks me off, with the amount of ignorant fuckers it's a miracle there's not more violence tbh :razz:

Well guys

The tube totally fucks me off, with the amount of ignorant fuckers it's a miracle there's not more violence tbh :razz:

I'd rather get the tube than the Metro though. Just bury yourself in a book.

Was that your first trip there or something?

Below lad, dont you read :razz:

This weekend I went to London for the first time ever as a tourist and not a football fan (well, Wembley) and I was mega impressed

Bawan, its getting worse in Leeds man, its full of Southerners you see :D

This weekend I went to London for the first time ever as a tourist and not a football fan (well, Wembley) and I was mega impressed

Sorry, didn't read it properly. :)

London is easily one of the top five cities in the world so you're mad leaving it so long to visit it out of pleasure.

Im off in 2 weeks, only for 1 night but amazingly its the first time il have been going for a look round. The only other time ive been I spent all day in the US embassy

I was amazed how long it took me before I heard an English voice really. Nearly 2h!

It was a great experiance I must say.

London is easily one of the top five cities in the world so you're mad leaving it so long to visit it out of pleasure.

I was one of the ignorant idiots when I was younger and of the thought of "Southern faggots" etc and I now boot myself thinking that. It wont be long until I return I know that for sure ;)

Not sure if it's one of the top five, but it's a great place to go. Loads of shit to do and see. Trouble is, if you want to spend all day in the V&A or Imperial War Museum etc and you have a wife who has the attention span of a gnat's gonard, it can be a bit of a problem.

Not sure if it's one of the top five, but it's a great place to go. Loads of shit to do and see. Trouble is, if you want to spend all day in the V&A or Imperial War Museum etc and you have a wife who has the attention span of a gnat's gonard, it can be a bit of a problem.

Send her shopping Snakey. Then you can peruse SoHo, I mean Kensington, at your leisure.

I had a two week holiday in 1978 with my Mam & Dad where we stayed with relatives (in Grays, Essex of all places) and did all of the tourist stuff which was fantastic at the time. I can remember me and my Dad and Brother took one day where we did a tour of all the football grounds including Wembley which was shut as it was a Thursday - didn't really think at the time I'd visit them all with Newcastle later.

I think there are two sides to trips to London - all of the traditional touristy things and then there's the "go out on the piss" side. Both are a bit limited if you only visit briefly.

Me and wor lass were there earlier in the year. Went on the Eye for the first time.

I thought it was a load of shite.

Aye, it didn't do much for me either. Didn't wobble or owt :D

Given your age that's quite impressive. :razz:

Liked the fact when i went to some bar in Trafalgar square the bartender said "double i assume?" when he heard my accent :lol:

:rolleyes: You should of kicked off and said

"Oh right mate,so if I was black you would assume I was here to stab you!"

I went to London sight-seeing for the first time a couple of weeks ago, it struck me as a horrible smelling place full of ignorant people in too much of a rush. There was also too much in the way of what appeared to me to be foreigners for my liking and I don't mean that in a touristy way either. Had a good look around everywhere though, isn't Harrods a shitty place? Seemed like an overgarrish, expensive tat shop to me. It's unlikely I'll ever venture to my country's main city again any time soon - I'll be sticking to my nice rural habitat thanks.

I have had an awesome time while I have been living here, but;

It's full of cunts, mostly southern cunts.

Money is almost all. Women are so far up their own arses their Gucci slingbacks are hanging out.

First place I have had a physical fight since I was a teenager.

There is a lot to do but once you have done your commute 10 times a week you aren't interested in slogging through the tourists at the weekend.

I'm looking to leave tttt.

I think if you're from a backward countryside place like Chester Le Street or Lincoln, you're never going to like London. I think most people from Northern places, go there for the first time determined to fulfill their preconceived ideas that London is a shithole full of ignorant rude people.

It is they who are ignorant. London is my second home more than anywhere else, I know it almost as well as Tyneside, got lots of family there and been going regularly since I was a kid. The people who you see in Central London, the slight majority of them are tourists, and many who aren't, aren't even Londoners. You need to understand, London in some regards is seen as the most important city in the world, it is a true global city, like New York, where by you have every culture in the world intermingling. If you knew true London people you would know many of them are some the most generous down to earth funny people you will ever meet. There are many cunts in London, but there will be given the nature of it, but I love the place, I could never live there full time as it's too fuckin busy for me to work in Central London every day, and I hate the tube, but you couldn't judge London on twenty visits let alone one.

There are times you're in London, places like Greenwich Park on a lovely summers day, and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world trust me. People who know London though they must agree, that there is a generic Northern stubborn view born out of nothing but ignorance.

Below lad, dont you read :lol:

Bawan, its getting worse in Leeds man, its full of Southerners you see :rolleyes:

:huff: