PS3

Craig

Bit of advice needed please people - apart from the obvious 'more space' what (if any) advantage is there of me spending an extra £50 for a 250GB PS3 over the 120GB model??

Cheers.

is no differences as far as i know.

I think the 250 version was just a reaction to microsoft bringing out the 250gb elite 360

So it's extra cash for nowt then? Thieving bastards.

Just enlighten a PS2/3 virgin here - what is the hard disk being used for?? Purely the game saves?? And if so, how much space on average does a save take?

I think the 250 version was just a reaction to microsoft bringing out the 250gb elite 360

Just enlighten a PS2/3 virgin here - what is the hard disk being used for?? Purely the game saves?? And if so, how much space on average does a save take?

You can buy films from the movie store and download them onto your hard disk. As well as record TV if you've got PlayTV.

none,

game saves, game/movie/music downlods, game DLC(downloadable content) you can actually install games to the HDD (I think, can on xbox) which cuts loading times dramatically

average size depends on the game but tbh I've had a 20gb hard drive for my 360 since i got it 3 years ago and am just about getting to maybe needing a new one

Why not get a 360 for half the price? Better online too

It's for the Mrs, not me and she's definitely after the PS3. She's not into the online games and it's going to double up as a blueray player for her too

I on the other hand may well be treating myself to an xbox :D

A forum to talk about gaming in general. From different genres of game to different consoles.

:D

You really don't want to start this one Thomas....

I've asked about a specific console and the merits of the hard-drive within it. I'm not comparing it against any other unit nor am I asking or comparing any of the games for it. I'm well aware of the 'gaming forum - i created it for fuck's sake. I deemed that this thread was more appropriate to GC.

End of.

Going on the wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Slim_model

there does not seem to be a difference at all.

Some games come with a mandatory install though. This can sometimes be a couple of gig like.

But I would imagine that 120 should be fine unless you are planning on getting every game that comes out.

I mainly use mine for blu-ray and DVDs as it makes less noise than the 360.

A forum to talk about gaming in general. From different genres of game to different consoles.

I've asked about a specific console and the merits of the hard-drive within it. I'm not comparing it against any other unit nor am I asking or comparing any of the games for it. I'm well aware of the 'gaming forum - i created it for fuck's sake. I deemed that this thread was more appropriate to GC.

End of.

I'm not going to get into to be honest.

Pointless.

You can buy films from the movie store and download them onto your hard disk. As well as record TV if you've got PlayboyTV.

fyp :D

End of.

I'm not going to get into to be honest.

Pointless.

Arsehole forum?

Yeah what we really needed was another fop off (or K.D/Wacky/Stevie off) to go on forever till everyone looks like a gimp.

Well you both certainly dodged that landmine. :D

Got a PS3 the other month and am getting bored of Fifa and the new Need for Speed. Anybody recommend a decent game to buy?

Resident Evil 5

Bioshock

Uncharted and uncharted 2. I would get the 1st one to start with. Its cheap, but I don't think you need it for the story line.

Then COD Modern Warfare 2.

Got a PS3 the other month and am getting bored of Fifa and the new Need for Speed. Anybody recommend a decent game to buy?

Resident Evil 5

Bioshock

Uncharted and uncharted 2. I would get the 1st one to start with. Its cheap, but I don't think you need it for the story line.

Then COD Modern Warfare 2.

Just got Uncharted 1 off play.com for 15 quid. If that's decent I'll put the second one on my Christmas list :D