RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE FOR CHRISTMAS NO.1

AgentAxeman

Those figures do show (I think) that last year aside, this years top 2 sales were "excessive" compared to other years.

I'd also say they completely destroy the industry bullshit that illegal downloads are affecting sales.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't bothered about this until I actually heard Joe's song. JCWTBH.

I knew it'd be a cover, but I didn't think it'd be a Mylie Cyrus cover, from earlier this year!

Saccarin sweet shit!

I knew it'd be a cover, but I didn't think it'd be a Mylie Cyrus cover, from earlier this year!

Saccarin sweet shit!

Yeah, he's ruined that song for me now.

Saccarin sweet shit!

Yeah, he's ruined that song for me now.

:( fuck you funnyman. I meant to polish a turf with a pile of shit

is to just make things worse.

That's the thing, I could actually take the "Hallelujah" track last year because - whether you approved of it as a fan of Real Proper Music or not - at least they were doing something with the song that was different to the Cohen/Buckley interpretations, had a vaguely seasonal feel to it, etc. Whereas not only is "The Climb" effectively a karaoke version using near enough the same backing track as was in the charts just a few months earlier, but the production on it is exceptionally cheap even by X Factor standards; the sheer amount of autotune on Average Joe's vocals almost lapses into parody. You can't imagine they ran short of cash for studio time so he could do a second or third vocal take - and the lad can obviously hold a tune under normal circumstances, after all - so it's all quite puzzling.

I think ultimately, the whole X Factor thing felt particularly half-arsed this year - "chuck anything out there and they'll lap it up" - so it's appropriate that this is the year the project got a bloody nose. Of course it won't change a jot in the grand scheme of things and it'll be normal service next year, but hey, it's been good for a Yuletide giggle.

That's the thing, I could actually take the "Hallelujah" track last year because - whether you approved of it as a fan of Real Proper Music or not - at least they were doing something with the song that was different to the Cohen/Buckley interpretations, had a vaguely seasonal feel to it, etc. Whereas not only is "The Climb" effectively a karaoke version using near enough the same backing track as was in the charts just a few months earlier, but the production on it is exceptionally cheap even by X Factor standards; the sheer amount of autotune on Average Joe's vocals almost lapses into parody. You can't imagine they ran short of cash for studio time so he could do a second or third vocal take - and the lad can obviously hold a tune under normal circumstances, after all - so it's all quite puzzling.

I think ultimately, the whole X Factor thing felt particularly half-arsed this year - "chuck anything out there and they'll lap it up" - so it's appropriate that this is the year the project got a bloody nose. Of course it won't change a jot in the grand scheme of things and it'll be normal service next year, but hey, it's been good for a Yuletide giggle.

:(

Re the second paragraph - the depressing thing is is that they still did lap it up - 400,000 or whatever it was copies for a shit cover by a bland singer of a shit song.