2. M&S

3. Sainsburys

4. Tesco

5. Asda

6. Morrisons

7. Lidl / Aldi

8. Iceland

9. Netto

Safeway was alright, on a par with Tesco IMO but Morrisons have turned them to shit.

What are you gimps on about? What sort of a bloke has a supermarket hit parade in his head?

I rate them as:-

1. M&S

2. Waitrose

3. Sainsburys- Morrisons

4. Tesco

5. Asda Co-op Somerfields

6. Liddles

You rate Morrisons as high as Sainsburys? :D

For me its:

1. Waitrose

2. M&S

3. Sainsburys

4. Tesco

5. Asda

6. Morrisons

7. Lidl / Aldi

8. Iceland

9. Netto

Safeway was alright, on a par with Tesco IMO but Morrisons have turned them to shit.

What are you gimps on about? What sort of a bloke has a supermarket hit parade in his head?

A gobshite or a fanny? :icon_lol:

I rate them as:-

1. M&S

2. Waitrose

3. Sainsburys- Morrisons

4. Tesco

5. Asda Co-op Somerfields

6. Liddles

You rate Morrisons as high as Sainsburys? :icon_lol:

For me its:

1. Waitrose

2. M&S

3. Sainsburys

4. Tesco

5. Asda

6. Morrisons

7. Lidl / Aldi

8. Iceland

9. Netto

Not a hit parade per se, just a case of which one i'd choose if I have the option :D

Waiting in today for my Asda delivery. Went on line to see why it was late and it said my slot had expired! So why the fuck did it take me to the payment screen and process it? Fuckers. Now I've got to go out and buy something for tea etc. In fairness, the payment hasnt been taken and I didnt get an email. BUT, it still shouldnt have let me enter payment details and say it was complete. I reckon they bottled out of the delivery and changed the status of the order. Twats.

Forest Hall Sainsburys is gash.

Today, they had Naan breads aplenty. Good- wanted some.

Went for milk. Fucking none!

Went down the road to the (Indian run)corner shop. Plenty milk.

I asked the owner if he sold Naans. He didn't.

And then my head spun off in cultural confusion.

Milk to supermarkets is delivered on bulk by big trucks so when it snows.....

Im not keen on Asda. I normally shop in Sainsburys, but lately I'm getting fed up of it. I went last night about 8pm, its open untill 11pm, but may aswell have been shut as there was nothing much left :D Why stay open if they cant keep the shelves stocked? No bread, potatoes, eggs, stewing steak and so on. I was particulary annoyed because they had run out of Covent garden chicken, lemon and tarragon soup which I had fancied for my supper!

Im not keen on Asda. I normally shop in Sainsburys, but lately I'm getting fed up of it. I went last night about 8pm, its open untill 11pm, but may aswell have been shut as there was nothing much left :D Why stay open if they cant keep the shelves stocked? No bread, potatoes, eggs, stewing steak and so on. I was particulary annoyed because they had run out of Covent garden chicken, lemon and tarragon soup which I had fancied for my supper!

Because supermarket waste is an issue?

They stay open because it costs virtually nowt anyway since people are stocking the shelves in any case at night so they only have to pay a few extra minimum wage check-out staff. As for the lack of bread etc., I can't imagine what the supply problem would be at present ;)

Boldon Asda is brilliant and sells all sorts of stuff apart from food.

Last year in held the walmart record worldwide for the most takings in one day.

As far as food quality goes like most middle class ;) supermarkets they have their cheapo range , their normal range and their extra special range. (worth trying the extra special two lamb shanks on the bone in rosemary / mint or garlic gravy that take 7 minutes in the microwave and are delicious, particulary with chunky chips).

Marksys do do some nice food but nothing imo worth paying the silly prices.

They stay open because it costs virtually nowt anyway since people are stocking the shelves in any case at night so they only have to pay a few extra minimum wage check-out staff. As for the lack of bread etc., I can't imagine what the supply problem would be at present ;)

Nothing to do with the cold snap at all. This happens quite often regardless of the weather. If you get there after 8, no veg, bread, potatoes, eggs etc....I will make sure not to go so late again.

Nothing to do with the cold snap at all. This happens quite often regardless of the weather. If you get there after 8, no veg, bread, potatoes, eggs etc....I will make sure not to go so late again.

It saves throwing more stuff away.

It saves throwing more stuff away.

I doubt that's it like. It's not as though the stuff mentioned would go off overnight. Probably just the shop being tight / not employing enough staff. Most people from Devon turn into a pumpkin if they're not home by 8 anyway.

And they're taking your fucking eyes out. £1.60 for four pints at most supermarkets, 70p at the ethnics on Shields rd, something wrong somewhere.

And they're taking your fucking eyes out. £1.60 for four pints at most supermarkets, 70p at the ethnics on Shields rd, something wrong somewhere.

The chains are evil basically.

Boldon Asda is brilliant and sells all sorts of stuff apart from food.

Last year in held the walmart record worldwide for the most takings in one day.

As far as food quality goes like most middle class ;) supermarkets they have their cheapo range , their normal range and their extra special range. (worth trying the extra special two lamb shanks on the bone in rosemary / mint or garlic gravy that take 7 minutes in the microwave and are delicious, particulary with chunky chips).

Marksys do do some nice food but nothing imo worth paying the silly prices.

It's full of spastics man. Although the fact you go there does explain a lot. :icon_lol:

In all reality I choose the one that has the best offer on for beer. Looks like it'll be Asda this week ;)

They never have anything decent on offer though.

I online shop from Waitrose for the good stuff and ASDA for the tat and occasionally M&S for something specific or for their "Party Food" packs.