Leicester City v Newcastle United

Nobby

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Leicester resident (not by choice) I feel obliged to let you guys know that goings on around these parts.

3) Do avoid the pub show above. It’s called the counting house and it’s not very good. There is a Morrisons next door though for those who like a swift can on the way to the match

There’s no pubs within 10 minutes of the ground apart from the Counting House (avoid) and the Halftime orange which is home fans only. So do your drinking

I'm in Leicester every weekend, Why are you telling people about pubs near the station when most people will be coming by bus?!

The Counting House is the only pub people will be able to walk to from the buses!

Fuck it ... I'm gonna be optimistic.

Derby hold Forrest to a draw.

WBA fuck it up in front of the Owls.

Toon, confident from the reinforcements brought in, screw over Leicester.

Very possible!

Lets hope Hughton starts with Routledge and Jonas on the flanks and maybe that dutch kid at left back.

Genuine pace in the side, i hope we tonk this lot.

Fuck it ... I'm gonna be optimistic.

Derby hold Forrest to a draw.

WBA fuck it up in front of the Owls.

Toon, confident from the reinforcements brought in, screw over Leicester.

or beat them 1-0.

Awww Yeaaaaah :)

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Mike Williamson, Patrick van Aanholt, Wayne Routledge, Nicky Butt ©, Alan Smith, Danny Guthrie, Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll

Subs: Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar, Jonas Gutierrez, Peter Lovenkrands, Nile Ranger, Fitz Hall, Fabrice Pancrate

Would have preferred Guthrie in the middle with Smith.

However since we have a bit of options he is not taking the risk with jonas.

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Mike Williamson, Patrick van Aanholt, Wayne Routledge, Nicky Butt ©, Alan Smith, Danny Guthrie, Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll

Subs: Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar, Jonas Gutierrez, Peter Lovenkrands, Nile Ranger, Fitz Hall, Fabrice Pancrate

I've had a couple of beers whilst I'm working so I'm feeling more optimistic for a win.

My usual optimism has only been soured by the injuries. Without them I'd have said a win. With them, I'm a little concerned that some of our replacements might not be up to the task - Kadar for example. Throwing a new boy who's just got off the bus (Van Arnholt) is risky - although it worked ok on Wed for Willy & Routledge.

Fuck it, I'm rambling - a win. We have some pace and they aren't great. Fate will have it that Nobby will score/set up a goal via some sublime crossing; but we will win 1:2.

Carroll to get a brace as we learn how to use the wings properly.

Evidence to support latter statement = nil. Do I care? = Na :)

EDIT: Just seen Butt is incentre midfield rather than Guthrie & Jonas isnt on from the start. My optimism has dropped (more than) slightly.

how is that midfield going to line up? guthrie left mid?

butt and smith in the middle :)

how is that midfield going to line up? guthrie left mid?

butt and smith in the middle :)

Definitely will be Smith and Butt in the middle, then just a decison as to who out of Guthrie and Routledge has to play on the left. I'd probably put Guthrie on the left because he's already out of position when he plays right wing and he stays inside most of the time so may as well have him do that on the left and Routledge can do the proper wide play in his natural position on the right.

If Jonas isn't fit enough to start, then I'd have put Guthrie with SMith in the middle and put Lovenkrands on the left as he's played there before. Other than that, the rest of the team pretty much picks itself.

Another lopsided midfield.

Id imagine Guthrie on the right and Routledge on the left, probably switch over throughout the game.

Nicky fuckin Butt? For fuck sake...

Still confident of a win though...come on lads! :)