Mike Williamson Signs.

smoggeordie

Spoke to a few Watford fans and they're annoyed as they were apparently going back in for him. Quite highly rated at CCC level.

We just offering him a 6 month deal then? :rolleyes:

Eh?

We are only gonna be playing in CCC for 6 months arent we?

Turn the page fuckhead :D

Fuckhead? Jesus wept :wank:

As far as I'm aware the Gods haven't yet granted us promotion back to the big league. Nothing is concrete. If signing MW somehow helps us get back to the top flight then what does the fact he is only of proven Championship standard matter? Quite a few people, me included, we happy to take a risk on Beckford because if his goals helped us get promoted then he's effectively paid off his own transfer fee. The same can be said of Williamson. Still too much of a risk? Well apparently the accepted bid was in the region of £1 million downwards. That's fuck all.

There is also the fact that he'll add to our threadbare squad and he's probably the best we can realistically hope for in this league/with this owner.

Now stop being a fucking thick cunt.

My point is if he is only CCC standard and we are aiming for promotion then spending money on him is pointless no?

It would make far more sense to bring him or davies in on loan and look for a higher standard once we are in the PL instead of being lumbered with more substandard players.

Simples

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to a few Watford fans and they're annoyed as they were apparently going back in for him. Quite highly rated at CCC level.

Eh?

As far as I'm aware the Gods haven't yet granted us promotion back to the big league. Nothing is concrete. If signing MW somehow helps us get back to the top flight then what does the fact he is only of proven Championship standard matter? Quite a few people, me included, we happy to take a risk on Beckford because if his goals helped us get promoted then he's effectively paid off his own transfer fee. The same can be said of Williamson. Still too much of a risk? Well apparently the accepted bid was in the region of £1 million downwards. That's fuck all.

There is also the fact that he'll add to our threadbare squad and he's probably the best we can realistically hope for in this league/with this owner.

My point is if he is only CCC standard and we are aiming for promotion then spending money on him is pointless no?

It would make far more sense to bring him or davies in on loan and look for a higher standard once we are in the PL instead of being lumbered with more substandard players.

Simples

If he's of a standard capable of getting us out of this division then no, it isn't pointless. You're also making a huge assumption that Portsmouth would be happy to let him go on loan for six months which is very unlikely considering they need cold, hard cash and that Curtis Davies not only wants to come here but that the story about him being available isn't complete bollocks.

You've spent far too long playing on Football Manager.

Eh?

Simples

Nobody knows if he's sub-standard though, it's all assumptions based on the fact that nobody knows who the fuck he is. He could be a good CCC player who goes on to be a steady back-up player for a couple of seasons in the Premier League. The only other CB we have is Kadar who, while he might have all the potential in the world, isn't a trusted option yet. This bloke has done it at Championship level before (by all accounts) so why be so bothered? If we do go up, worst case scenario is, he's a back-up for a few games and he might even be decent. I dont know why you keep mentioning about us signing players of a 'higher standard', we're not even going to be able to sign players of a 'higher standard' when we get promoted, never mind when we're a shit team in the Championship. Are you expecting a trusted centre-half from, say, a mid-table Premier League team to pop down here? It's all well and good wanting to sign exciting young players, so do I but in this division, you need steady heads and experience and Williamson offers it, then why complain?

Eh?

Simples

If he's of a standard capable of getting us out of this division then no, it isn't pointless. You're also making a huge assumption that Portsmouth would be happy to let him go on loan for six months which is very unlikely considering they need cold, hard cash and that Curtis Davies not only wants to come here but that the story about him being available isn't complete bollocks.

Not at all...you just settle for second best.

He might held us get promoted, he mite also sit on the bench and hardly play and then in that case its a waste of money.

He is no good for the premiership, the fact he doesnt get a game for the worst team in the PL speaks volumes...your talking utter shit.

The curtis davies stary mite be bollox then again it mite not...if it is true then that is the deal we should be pushing for but the fact we have made and offer for this williamson would maybe suggest that its bollocks.

A loan in that position would be ideal, or if a decent standard of player comes up then go for it but lets face it signing this lad from pompey is a backwards step.

Id rather have khizanishvili back if thats the case.

Eh?

Simples

Nobody knows if he's sub-standard though, it's all assumptions based on the fact that nobody knows who the fuck he is. He could be a good CCC player who goes on to be a steady back-up player for a couple of seasons in the Premier League. The only other CB we have is Kadar who, while he might have all the potential in the world, isn't a trusted option yet. This bloke has done it at Championship level before (by all accounts) so why be so bothered? If we do go up, worst case scenario is, he's a back-up for a few games and he might even be decent. I dont know why you keep mentioning about us signing players of a 'higher standard', we're not even going to be able to sign players of a 'higher standard' when we get promoted, never mind when we're a shit team in the Championship. Are you expecting a trusted centre-half from, say, a mid-table Premier League team to pop down here? It's all well and good wanting to sign exciting young players, so do I but in this division, you need steady heads and experience and Williamson offers it, then why complain?

I know what your saying stiva and its a fair point but why waste money? We could get a loan in as cover and when and i say when we go up we SHOULD be able to attract a higher standard of player. Course we will, PL or CCC? Im pretty sure players all across europe would rather play for a PL side rather than a CCC side.

Yes we will be in for a battle when we go up but still able to attract better players...we have a good history in the PL lest we not forget.

It just makes more sense to get a loan than to spunk money away on a player who mite or mite not be any good.

We just offering him a 6 month deal then? :D

Eh?

Turn the page fuckhead :wank:

You are really starting to annoy me :rolleyes:

I dont give a shit...you lot take yourselves to seriously!

It was all tongue in cheek but if you want to whinge and cry like complete twats then set yourselves away...

This website full of twats?

why are you here then..

We just offering him a 6 month deal then? :)

Eh?

Turn the page fuckhead B)

Simples

He might held us get promoted, he mite also sit on the bench and hardly play and then in that case its a waste of money.

He is no good for the premiership, the fact he doesnt get a game for the worst team in the PL speaks volumes...your talking utter shit.

The curtis davies stary mite be bollox then again it mite not...if it is true then that is the deal we should be pushing for but the fact we have made and offer for this williamson would maybe suggest that its bollocks.

A loan in that position would be ideal, or if a decent standard of player comes up then go for it but lets face it signing this lad from pompey is a backwards step.

Fuck me :D

First off I don't settle for second best, I've just grown out of the phase of using the latest edition of Football Manager as the foundations for my unrealistic aspirations of what NUFC should be achieving on and off the pitch. I would love us to go out there and sign Curtis Davies but considering the bloke is quite handy at Premier League level if he is available I doubt he'll come to us. Oh, and there's the whole 'Mike Ashley is a cunt' issue that needs addressing.

Secondly, Williamson doesn't get a game for Portsmouth for financial reasons. If he plays a certain number of games then they need to pay Watford another £1 million. If he plays at all then he can't move until the summer because of the two club rule.

Finally, and most importantly, what the fuck does "stary mite" mean? :rolleyes:

who?

There was an old man called Michael Williamson

He grew whiskers on his chinagan

the wind came up and blew them in again

poor old michael williamson

begin again......

Edited by Happy Face

Eh?

You are really starting to annoy me :)

It was all tongue in cheek but if you want to whinge and cry like complete twats then set yourselves away...

why are you here then..

I never said that did i?

Eh?

Turn the page fuckhead :)

Simples

First off I don't settle for second best, I've just grown out of the phase of using the latest edition of Football Manager as the foundations for my unrealistic aspirations of what NUFC should be achieving on and off the pitch. I would love us to go out there and sign Curtis Davies but considering the bloke is quite handy at Premier League level if he is available I doubt he'll come to us. Oh, and there's the whole 'Mike Ashley is a cunt' issue that needs addressing.

Secondly, Williamson doesn't get a game for Portsmouth for financial reasons. If he plays a certain number of games then they need to pay Watford another £1 million. If he plays at all then he can't move until the summer because of the two club rule.

What? Playing FM has fuck all to do with what i think about the toon mate.

Unrealistic? Ha...

Logical more like...Like i said already....going for the likes of Williamson shows fuck all ambition, going for Davies if true is a good move.

If the Davies deal is all paper shite then going back for Khizanishvili would be my call...what is unrealistic about that?

Eh?

why are you here then..

I never said that did i?

Eh?

Simples

Unrealistic? Ha...

Logical more like...Like i said already....going for the likes of Williamson shows fuck all ambition, going for Davies if true is a good move.

If the Davies deal is all paper shite then going back for Khizanishvili would be my call...what is unrealistic about that?

Nowt, but Khizanishvili was shite.

Eh?

why are you here then..

I never said that did i?

Eh?

Simples

Unrealistic? Ha...

Nowt, but Khizanishvili was shite.

He wasnt that bad...better at RB but still done ok at CB apart from one awful game.

Still as backup id take him rather than spend a mil on some other shit.

I mean i could be wrong, williamson could turn out to be decent in CCC and PL but i doubt it, if he was then im sure there would be PL teams chasing him.

Eh?

You are really starting to annoy me B)

I bet that's not even self-parody either. :wank:

Finally, and most importantly, what the fuck does "stary mite" mean? :wank:

Stary stary mite

Paint your palette blue and grey

Look out on a summer's day

With eyes that know the darkness in my soul :D

I can't pretend to be other than completely underwhelmed by this. He's probably like Andy O'Brien, only not as good. Still I suppose a signing is better than no signing, although if it's for a fee it probably signals the departure of Coloccini or Saylor. I'd hate to think this is the best we can do, but maybe it is.

Stary stary mite

I considered doing that myself, thought someone else might

Stary stary mite

I considered doing that myself, thought someone else might

thanks B)

I'm nothing if not predictable :rolleyes:

I can't pretend to be other than completely underwhelmed by this. He's probably like Andy O'Brien, only not as good. Still I suppose a signing is better than no signing, although if it's for a fee it probably signals the departure of Coloccini or Saylor. I'd hate to think this is the best we can do, but maybe it is.

My thoughts exactly.

I can't even pretend to know who he is.

I can't even pretend to know who he is.

I can't even pretend to disagree :wank: