Wayne Routledge signs

Ketsbaia

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 clubs at 25, no smoke without fire. Alcoholic is my guess. In fact, he looks pissed in that photo.

Still numbers in and we need pace. Is he the sweetener before we sell Nolan?

Aside from how good/bad/indifferent he might be (I'm thinking/hoping the former); it's really nice to see NUFC doing a deal out of the spotlight without the usual procrastination.

We need pace on the right wing and he will bring it. If he's cost us sod all and 3mil over 3years is hardly astronimical; then great. Even if he struggles in the Prem, if he helps us secure our return then he'll have paid for himself. We might be able to sell him on to another CCC club if he cant cut it.

Feeling more positive now :)

8 clubs at 25, no smoke without fire. Alcoholic is my guess. In fact, he looks pissed in that photo.

Nolan needs to score a goal to justify his place in too many games for my liking. Having said that, he has scored some vital goals. It is the injury to Taylor that could cost us we need to replace him and we need another striker to push on and stay in the top 2.

With no sales of current first team players, especially Enrique or Guitierez

Aside from how good/bad/indifferent he might be (I'm thinking/hoping the former); it's really nice to see NUFC doing a deal out of the spotlight without the usual procrastination.

We need pace on the right wing and he will bring it. If he's cost us sod all and 3mil over 3years is hardly astronimical; then great. Even if he struggles in the Prem, if he helps us secure our return then he'll have paid for himself. We might be able to sell him on to another CCC club if he cant cut it.

I recklon we've only paid a million for him.

Good news for us on more than just a footballing level.

Think back to the times we've been successful and we've have decent pacy wingers. For those knocking Franz Carr, I take it you've eradicated from your minds the performances he put in at the start of the 92-93 season before Rob Lee joined. Turned West Ham inside out until Julian Dicks beat the shit out of him (quite literally).

Nolan needs to score a goal to justify his place in too many games for my liking. Having said that, he has scored some vital goals. It is the injury to Taylor that could cost us we need to replace him and we need another striker to push on and stay in the top 2.

yeah well he (Nolan) might get a game in his prefered position now (deep striker) instead of waddling about the center of the park. every time hes played up front this season he's looked very good.

Think back to the times we've been successful and we've have decent pacy wingers. For those knocking Franz Carr, I take it you've eradicated from your minds the performances he put in at the start of the 92-93 season before Rob Lee joined. Turned West Ham inside out until Julian Dicks beat the shit out of him (quite literally).

yes my mate sent him off :) But he didn't have too many good games though, thats the point.

I was in Plymouth that day. Newcastle 2 (Kelly 44, 45) West Ham 0 Att 29885 screamed the paper, what a sad cunt I am for remembering that.

Franzie scored a lovely goal later on against Bristol City too. He would've succeeded at Forest but Gary Crosby was a top class player in my view and he couldn't get in.

yeah well he (Nolan) might get a game in his prefered position now (deep striker) instead of waddling about the center of the park. every time hes played up front this season he's looked very good.

"deep striker" is a strange term, he doesn't have the stamina to actually play in midfield and get up to support the strikers quickly which leaves us a man short in midfield sometimes. At this level though the system works but it or he would not be good enough to make this system work at the higher level. I am disappointed in him to be honest, he isn't as good as I thought he was at Bolton.

Isn't it 3mil including wages over the length of his contract?

Shame we've missed out on Killgallon & Beckford IMO. Signing all three would have been a massive transfer boost and an indication that those pricks running the club may not have simply been all mouth.

Shame we've missed out on Killgallon & Beckford IMO. Signing all three would have been a massive transfer boost and an indication that those pricks running the club may not have simply been all mouth.

I must admit I would have taken a punt on Beckford despite what some Leeds supporters have told me about what they think of him

Feeling more positive now :razz:

He's valued at 600k on FM. :)

Feeling more positive now :D

He's valued at 600k on FM. :)

Actually, if we've paid a million, then that's supposedly £2mil in wages over 3 yrs. That's approx £34k/week. I cant see us paying that so maybe the £3mil is bollox.

Either way, if we've bought him for £1mil then I think we've done well by all accounts.

EDIT: I cant use a calculator. That's approx £14k/wk which makes sense :razz:

I'm off home for some sleep :nufc:

"deep striker" is a strange term, he doesn't have the stamina to actually play in midfield and get up to support the strikers quickly which leaves us a man short in midfield sometimes. At this level though the system works but it or he would not be good enough to make this system work at the higher level. I am disappointed in him to be honest, he isn't as good as I thought he was at Bolton.

I think he's got the stamina (and skill) but not the pace, balance or movement to be a box to box player. this is why we struggle so badly against quick passing teams when he's in center mid. imo, the reason he looked so good at bolton was the system they played was built around him and Davies. neither may be world beaters individually but together they were extremely effective.

Interesting signing but I'd rather we'd signed Jerome Thomas, although I doubt we would have got him.

See Sammy you're one of the few guys who knows what the fuck they are talking about on here. :)

Bearing that in mind this lad is a step in the right direction imo.