Stoke City

Guest Barrack Road

Guest Barrack Road

Surely the most contemptable small club in British football. The likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Old Firm, Chelsea, ourselves, Spurs, Arsenal, Leeds, Everton we all have major faults and things lots of people hate about us for a) ;) and c) reasons, but I think Stoke City are a vile, vile club.

I've only been to Stoke once, and that was 1995 for a League Cup tie which we won 0-4 at the Old Victoria Ground. The violence I witnessed before, and after the game was to this day by far the worst I've ever seen. What usually happens or happened in the past was two sets of people who want to have a fight arrange to meet up and fight, you will have seen Danny Dyer refer to this as a "pwopa nawty off", but after the game there, everyone and I mean everyone was fair game, I saw dads with kids getting smacked, women cajoled for being Newcastle fans, I saw ordinary fans kicked in the face, and I didn't see it myself first hand but even a Newcastle minibus was over turned in a car park. They were animals, I've been to the Old Den, Stamford Bridge when it was pwopa, I've been to Ayresome Park, Elland Road all places which had lots of thugs but this was in a different league.

The whole town of Stoke is a shithole, the people are generally common as fuck, it's a bleak area, which possibly due to locality seems to extract the worse aspects of scousers and mancunians. If you think this is a generalistic rant, I think you should ask other people who have been to Stoke and see if they say a similar thing.

I've just seen Shawcross' tackle there, horrendous, horrendous tackle, which by the noise the crowd made you knew everyone realised the severity of it straight away. So how do the Stoke fans react? "There's only one Ryan Shawcross", not the worst thing but everyone knew the lads got a broken leg, and the centre halfs name is booming round the stadium. The worst thing was, there was not one person in that stadium who could've been unaware Ramsay had broken his leg, and as he's about to be put in the ambulance, their fans in the paddock in the corner are heckling the poor lad. He's just received a potentially career ending injury he's 19, and a number of their "fans" are saying "that's what you get for coming to Stoke".

Fair enough Pulis might be right, Shawcross may have not intentionally broke his leg, but that's largely what he focussed on, Wenger is 100% right what he said, two broken legs in under a year, it hasn't happened to Chelsea or anybody else, and I think he was totally correct when he said look spare me the stories about what a good lad Shawcross is, he had the same with Taylor.

Complete and utter scum though their support, even when they've been here for that cup tie and the 2-2 last season, they gave that moody arsehole attitude, like Cardiff but much worse, I wouldn't care it never has been a football town. It's quite a large place as well has six towns within the one city yet in 33 years between 1976 and 2009 they had averaged over 20,000 ONCE. You can't change people, but I for one will celebrate with glee when this scummy club of thugs on and off the pitch are back in their rightful place which is League One (not the Championship).

Although I wasn't there, I remember the game you refer to, S, I mean PL. The violence that night just epitomised their actual small, insignificant club-ness. There was no other reason for that violence other than the usual attempt to prove how they were actually something, when in actual fact they're anything but. Real tough guys hardly ever feel the need to go out and display it. The usual suspects who think they are hard, are the ones mouthing off all the time - in that instance it was Stoke City 'supporters'.

We keep hearing about the noise at Stoke. We heard the same about Pompey, Baggies and Lord knows who else. The noise is nothing more than a front to try and project some sort of actual 'significance', rather than the truth of them being nothing more than a mediocre football club.

;)

You know my views on Stoke as a whole, a drug addled shithole of a town with a football club whos fans are still in the 70s. The "town centre" makes Shields Road look like Regent Street.

I too saw them putting him in the ambulance and the reaction of the scum in that corner was beyond belief, it that had been here or anywhere else for that matter he'd have got a standing ovation as he passed.

I was there for the FA Cup game two seasons ago and the fans in that corner were just the same, no interest in the game merely stood there baiting us. Handful of fat 15 year olds thinking theyre the next Chelsea Headhunters :D

;)

You know my views on Stoke as a whole, a drug addled shithole of a town with a football club whos fans are still in the 70s. The "town centre" makes Shields Road look like Regent Street.

I too saw them putting him in the ambulance and the reaction of the scum in that corner was beyond belief, it that had been here or anywhere else for that matter he'd have got a standing ovation as he passed.

I was there for the FA Cup game two seasons ago and the fans in that corner were just the same, no interest in the game merely stood there baiting us. Handful of fat 15 year olds thinking theyre the next Chelsea Headhunters :D

Should we expect WKL to get her quill out about it? I hope so. I will have to take your word on the poor reaction of the 'supporters' as I haven't seen it, but imagine if it had happened at St James' Park - we would never have heard the last of it.

Guest Barrack Road
Although I wasn't there, I remember the game you refer to, S, I mean PL. The violence that night just epitomised their actual small, insignificant club-ness. There was no other reason for that violence other than the usual attempt to prove how they were actually something, when in actual fact they're anything but. Real tough guys hardly ever feel the need to go out and display it. The usual suspects who think they are hard, are the ones mouthing off all the time - in that instance it was Stoke City 'supporters'.

We keep hearing about the noise at Stoke. We heard the same about Pompey, Baggies and Lord knows who else. The noise is nothing more than a front to try and project some sort of actual 'significance', rather than the truth of them being nothing more than a mediocre football club.

Exactly. Everyone can see what a totally shit support Portsmouth have now, little atmosphere, 15,000 at most home games now. I remember the best supporters in 1998 were Barnsley, 1999 Bradford, etc etc etc etc...one/two season jolly ups then they ALWAYS get found out. Stoke City are a nothing club, and as you say insiginificant area, insiginifant footballing entity.

Compare that with Newcastle United, second division and still known around the world from a city with a local identify more easily recognisable than any other in this country (arguably along with bin dippers).

;)

:panic:

I think it boils down to decency. I'm not deluded and I think with a clear head we have better standards of decency that any notable club. We would never chuck shit on fans heads or ambulances with players inside (Liverpool), we would never sing about opposition players kids not being their own (Everton), I don't even need to go further about other clubs like the Old Firm, Man Utd etc... you all know I'm right. There would've been a standing ovation for Ramsay here.

Wahey- Stevie's back!!!

:D

It says he can't post, and he's a guest? I think the moderators should consider reinstating him.

;) Fuck me if the mods cant see this they are braindead.

Wahey- Stevie's back!!!

;)

It says he can't post, and he's a guest? I think the moderators should consider reinstating him.

I don't.

Just jesting.

Edited by Flair

Wahey- Stevie's back!!!

:D

;) Fuck me if the mods cant see this they are braindead.

Some things are just part of the furniture of this forum, Stevie's one of them, he helps make it home.

Never been to Stoke nor have i met anyone from there so i cant comment on what the people are like "stereotypically".

But iv always thought that there is always a loud and pretty good atmosphere at the brittania stadium.

Never been to Stoke nor have i met anyone from there so i cant comment on what the people are like "stereotypically".

But iv always thought that there is always a loud and pretty good atmosphere at the brittania stadium.

I got three guys i work with from Stoke and there all really nice lads. It's too easy to stereotype people.

Don't get too close to the radio, or you'll damage your hearing ;)

so why bother having rules?

or are we on one set for some posters and a different set for others?

Agreed. If you get banned take a hint and fuck off.

They are right to let him back in. Shows they are adults, unlike another certain message board who shall remain nameless ;)

Don't get too close to the radio, or you'll damage your hearing ;)

Give it a rest fella...wearing a bit thin now! :D

From WATCHING a fair few Stoke games on TV it always SEEMS like a pretty good atmosphere.

so why bother having rules?

or are we on one set for some posters and a different set for others?

For me he can stay as long as he keeps a lid on his blatant racism. I never called for him to be banned or anything of the sort. I just think it's a bit pathetic how he's now trying to pretend that the entire board doesn't know who he is.