NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

• 3 weeks later...

This day in 1976 

Some great memories, one of the first games i went to as a school kid.

Crowd and atmosphere superb, some great footballers, an end to end game with supermac getting the winner.

Even the adverts around the ground were class.

"Oh when the Mags...

Edited by Tdansmith
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone remember this day from 1988  beating Luton 4-0 

A hatrick by Michael O'Neil, a superb Gazza and "Kenny Kenny sit on the ball"  taking the piss as Luton had done against us earlier in the season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Anyone remember this day from 1988  beating Luton 4-0 

A hatrick by Michael O'Neil, a superb Gazza and "Kenny Kenny sit on the ball"  taking the piss as Luton had done against us earlier in the season.

Very fond memories. :good:

Was a teenager and went to the game with my dad plus my granda and uncle who were Northern Irish and over visiting us at the time so dined out on O'Neill getting a hatrick. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found some other old autographs including Bob Stokoe’s, a load of Fair’s Cup Winning side someone got for me from the 25th Anniversary Dinner. Also randomly, Morrissey’s (obtained by my sister as a kid in Manchester, when he was still in The Smiths), David Bellamy’s and, best of all, Paddy McDee’s :lol: 

• Haha 1

I think there were a load of them in circulation from Newcastle Breweries. Someone me dad knew who worked there got that. Also got at the same time a (long gone) poster with Arthur Cox sat in the cab of Newcastle Breweries tanker that was signed by him and the whole squad

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On this day in 1972 Newcastle United played Santos in a post season friendly in Hong Kong 

Here's Frank Clark and some Brazialian player. We got beat 4-2 with that Brazialian scoring 3.

1972-06-04santos-n-action-2m.jpg

21 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

On this day in 1972 Newcastle United played Santos in a post season friendly in Hong Kong 

Here's Frank Clark and some Brazialian player. We got beat 4-2 with that Brazialian scoring 3.

1972-06-04santos-n-action-2m.jpg

Pedro Withe? 

• Haha 2