Deano

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First home defeat of the season today.

"Let's see what you would've won."

:icon_lol:

If we can win every defeat 6-1 I'll be a happy man!

Forest scoring late on spoils what would have been a perfect afternoon; but its not the end of the world. We did what we needed to do which was the main thing.

Bring on the smoggies.

Forest scoring late on spoils what would have been a perfect afternoon; but its not the end of the world. We did what we needed to do which was the main thing.

Bring on the smoggies.

In fairness i wasnt too fussed with the Forest result...yes it would of ment 10 points gap on them but iv a soft spot for forest as i have family down there so id quite like them to finish 2nd.

The point is though...we are 8 points in front with a game in hand, 9 points infront of WBA so them two are now battling it out for 2nd place leaving us top and cruising. Its ours to throw away and i really dont think that will happen.

Call it premature but boys we are going up!!!

Cant wait for the hightlights now :lol:

A thoroughly enjoyable day out at the match today!

Defence and keeper had a nice day off for 90 mins, shame Simpson had that one moment of switching off near the end. But Williamson and Colo like Taylor and Colo are a good pairing with Williamson attacking the ball and clearing the headers and Colo sweeping up and playing the ball out.

Midfield showed yet again that Guthrie has to play in the middle, the team is better off and he is better off as he lacks the pace and inclination to stay wide when stuck out there. In the middle he shows alot more promise.

It may only be Barnsley and 10 men at that, but we played some really nice, confident attacking football with the whole team getting involved in it. And we had some well created and well taken goals to ejoy with Jonas' being the pick of the bunch.

Canny game. Poor first half where it felt like we needed to up a gear. Unsure about the pen, not seen it yet and even at HT I couldnt tell from the highlights. Sending off seemed harsh but by the book. Not complaining though, amount of times we've been done over. Much better 2nd half. They basically collapsed and we took it up two gears. some good performances in the end, in particular Guthrie, Carroll & Lovenkrands, maybe Jonas. Pancrate had a canny game, I like how he uses the width, something I wish we'd do more.

Shame about Enrique. Since the game Ive heard it was precautionary. Hope so. Though Kadar done well once he settled in.

I think Houghton's subs were poor. I understand why he wanted Best on, hoping he'd get a goal, but for me it brought to a halt the momentum we had, plus best was poor imo.

Good result, even better with West Brom dropping points.