General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mrs Duffy, a widow, said: "I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but if that's what he said I'm very upset. I'm very annoyed."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politic...010/8649012.stm

She shouldn't be such a bigot then should she.

fuckin hell.....I'm no Tory but you are talking left wing looney shite man. Nothing she said is bigoted and having concerns about immigration isn't bigoted either. Get your head out of your arse.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs Duffy, a widow, said: "I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but if that's what he said I'm very upset. I'm very annoyed."

fuckin hell.....I'm no Tory but you are talking left wing looney shite man. Nothing she said is bigoted and having concerns about immigration isn't bigoted either. Get your head out of your arse.

the dictionary definition of a bigot is someone with no appreciation of the opinions of others......pretty much all of us then from the PM down :razz:

I haven't had a chance to listen to what she said yet Stevie, but if she was being a bigot I'm very upset. I'm very annoyed.

the dictionary definition of a bigot is someone with no appreciation of the opinions of others......pretty much all of us then from the PM down :razz:

whatever. Point is the PM has been, as said in the article, caught out and shown the difference between his private and public face, which is very different it would appear.

He's an old CND flag waving idealistic idiotic buffoon

And Cameron is an upper class out of touch wanker.

According to dictionary.com:

big-oy (bĭg'ət)

n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

When you consider that she's a life-long Labour supporter who has now changed her mind about who she is voting for, I'd say she's anything but!

I haven't had a chance to listen to what she said yet Stevie, but if she was being a bigot I'm very upset. I'm very annoyed.

well its a bog standard accusation usually made by left wing idiots when someone points out genuine concerns about immigration and its effect on the country, both socially and financially.

well its a bog standard accusation usually made by left wing idiots when someone points out genuine concerns about immigration and its effect on the country, both socially and financially.

What were her concerns?

What were her concerns?

what ? Obviously not along the lines of "you're doing a good job Gordon keep them coming in............"

What were her concerns?

what ? Obviously not along the lines of "you're doing a good job Gordon keep them coming in............"

I've not heard what she said but you've defended her genuine concerns about immigration and its effect on the country, both socially and financially. So what were her genuine concerns on immigration?

whatever. Point is the PM has been, as said in the article, caught out and shown the difference between his private and public face, which is very different it would appear.

so politicians are leading the country on?....hardly big news, but if you want to lap up senationalist bollocks that the media are wanking themselves into a frenzy about then go ahead.

What were her concerns?

I've not heard what she said but you've defended her genuine concerns about immigration and its effect on the country, both socially and financially. So what were her genuine concerns on immigration?

eer.........the usual concerns that people with concerns are concerned about :razz:

HF man, he's looking a bigger cunt day by day, he hasn't got a clue, he has zero charisma, he is out of his depth and has shown his private face to be that of a dislikeable arsehole. In short, he's as bad as Cameron but in different ways.

The country is fucked. Because one of these idiots is going to win. If its a hung parliament, there will be another election soon after with one or both parties parading different leaders but little if any change in direction.

"Bigot" my arse. The only bigot is our tit of a PM.

so politicians are leading the country on?....hardly big news, but if you want to lap up senationalist bollocks that the media are wanking themselves into a frenzy about then go ahead.

and how many elections have you voted in ?

She had one thing to say about immigration...

"You can't say anything about the immigrants, but all these Eastern Europeans what are coming in...where are they flocking from?"

spoken like a working class Labour voter. Who has switched sides to someone else. Why is this I wonder ?

What were her concerns?

eer.........the usual concerns that people with concerns are concerned about :razz:

HF man, he's looking a bigger cunt day by day, he hasn't got a clue, he has zero charisma, he is out of his depth and has shown his private face to be that of a dislikeable arsehole. In short, he's as bad as Cameron but in different ways.

The country is fucked. Because one of these idiots is going to win. If its a hung parliament, there will be another election soon after with one or both parties parading different leaders but little if any change in direction.

"Bigot" my arse. The only bigot is our tit of a PM.

I agree he's a cunt....and i won't vote for him, but that's down to genuine concerns on actual policies (mainly foreign...sending Brits to die senslessly, supporting and implementing torture, exacerbating the problem of terrorism etc). Not vague buzzwords like "immigration" which isn't actually impacting negatively on our economy at all.

She had one thing to say about immigration...

"You can't say anything about the immigrants, but all these Eastern Europeans what are coming in...where are they flocking from?"

spoken like a working class Labour voter. Who has switched sides to someone else. Why is this I wonder ?

She hadn't switched sides though.

What relevance this has is lost on me but I was 18 in 1987 so go figure. And I've voted in every general election since then. Regardless of my personal opinions of politicians in general its important to vote, too many of our forefathers died trying to get it for us or defending it. Todays politicians do little credit to their memory.

So you've never had a tricky situation at work and then called the other person a twat once their back has been turned?...thats what hes basically done. Can't see the fuss about it myself but politicians act like fuckin bairns trying to point score off each other trying to get our votes at election time and ignore us the rest of the time. No big deal. Thats what they do.

First to paraphrase Brown himself - get real, all people who work with the public, whether they be a politician, a doctor, or a telesales rep, are two-faced about the people they represent. I'm sure you know this, so what's your point - he was careless with a microphone?

Second, what are you on about? Who is proposing to renew Trident again? Brown is far from being an idealist, he's a pragmatist who lacks PR qualities (the perceived buffoon qualities).

What relevance this has is lost on me but I was 18 in 1987 so go figure. And I've voted in every general election since then. Regardless of my personal opinions of politicians in general its important to vote, too many of our forefathers died trying to get it for us or defending it. Todays politicians do little credit to their memory.

So you've never had a tricky situation at work and then called the other person a twat once their back has been turned?...thats what hes basically done. Can't see the fuss about it myself but politicians act like fuckin bairns trying to point score off each other trying to get our votes at election time and ignore us the rest of the time. No big deal. Thats what they do.

Exactly.

Duffy: We had it drummed in when I was a child with

mine … it was education, health service and looking after the people who

are vulnerable. But there's too many people now who are vulnerable but

they can claim and people who are vulnerable can't get claim, can't get

it.

Brown: But they shouldn't be doing that,

there is no life on the dole for people any more. If you are unemployed

you've got to go back to work. It's six months.

Duffy:

You can't say anything about the immigrants because you're saying that

you're … but all these eastern European what are coming in, where are

they flocking from?

Later, as he was leaving

Brown:

Very good to meet you, and you're wearing the right colour today. Ha,

ha, ha: How many grandchildren do you have?

Duffy:

Two. They've just got back from Australia where they got stuck for 10

days. They couldn't get back with this ash crisis.

Brown:

We've been trying to get people back quickly. Are they going to

university. Is that the plan?

Duffy: I hope so.

They're only 12 and 10.

Brown: Are they're doing

well at school? [pats Duffy on the back] A good family, good to see you.

It's very nice to see you.

In the car

Brown:

That was a disaster. Well I just ... should never have put me in that

woman. Whose idea was that?

Aide: I don't know, I

didn't see.

Brown: It was Sue [Nye] I think. It

was just ridiculous.

Aide: I'm not sure if they

[the media] will go with that.

Brown: They will

go with that.

Aide: What did she say?

Brown:

Oh everything, she was just a sort of bigoted woman. She said she used

be Labour. I mean it's just ridiculous.

Search

Say what you like about Blair but he was a PR wizard and I think the Tories thought Cameron could "easily" be as good and are now finding out its not so easy.

Totally agree on both counts. What I find laughable though is that Labour are berating Cameron for being a 'PR wizard'. As you point out, that particular strength helped Blair massively back in '97.

IMO, that's what won them the election. I remember watching both Blair and Hague in the run up and Hague seemed to have better answers to the difficult questions but he had nothing like the stage presence Blair had. Watching Question time just before the election and Hague handed Blair his arse on a platter but when talking to real people he lacked the charisma and the ability to identify. Who can forget the weak attempt at identifying with the masses with his pint of bitter gaffe for example :razz:

Say what you like about Blair but he was a PR wizard and I think the Tories thought Cameron could "easily" be as good and are now finding out its not so easy.

Totally agree on both counts. What I find laughable though is that Labour are berating Cameron for being a 'PR wizard'. As you point out, that particular strength helped Blair massively back in '97.

IMO, that's what won them the election. I remember watching both Blair and Hague in the run up and Hague seemed to have better answers to the difficult questions but he had nothing like the stage presence Blair had. Watching Question time just before the election and Hague handed Blair his arse on a platter but when talking to real people he lacked the charisma and the ability to identify. Who can forget the weak attempt at identifying with the masses with his pint of bitter gaffe for example :razz:

Did that all the time at PMQT. I quite like Hague, as it happens.

to answer you then. I don't read "sensationalist" newspapers, neither do I read idealistic garbage by polo neck wearing sandal wearing plonkers like in the Guardian.

I agree that we should all vote, which I've posted somewhere last week or so.

My point is that Brown has been caught out , but it doesn't mean Cameron is any more electable. They are both idiots.