General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The BNP are delivering their manifesto with a 'St George' figure standing uncomfortably behind Griffin.

They can't even do simple things without looking like total numpties.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attacking NI and the NE at the moment without offering solutions.

What's he saying like?

Public sector is too large in these areas (which admittedly it is) and cuts need to be made. Without offering a solution as to how he'd get the private sector to invest where cuts have been made.

Well........voting for do gooder immigration supporting pc correct left wing ex student cunts like Labour is a nono, and voting for the greedy evil Tory twats is also a nono. I'm sure that "Dave" will do a lot for the working man in the country, starting with abolishing inheritance tax.

My constituency has both a BNP and a UKIP candidate.

Mine is a Green Party target seat. :razz:

fuckin hell Meenz! Be afraid......................................

BE VERY AFRAID!!!121"!""$!"£%$43546523121``

:icon_lol:;)

I think my instinctive mistrust of PR is starting to kick in - all this stuff about Clegg deciding who's in charge when his party may still come third seems somehow wrong to me. And of course that's before considering possible BNP and other minority party influence.

I've always thought the current ssytem to be flawed but I'm still not convinced the alternatives are any better.

Well........voting for do gooder immigration supporting pc correct left wing ex student cunts like Labour is a nono, and voting for the greedy evil Tory twats is also a nono. I'm sure that "Dave" will do a lot for the working man in the country, starting with abolishing inheritance tax.

Which constituency is it?

I think my instinctive mistrust of PR is starting to kick in - all this stuff about Clegg deciding who's in charge when his party may still come third seems somehow wrong to me. And of course that's before considering possible BNP and other minority party influence.

I've always thought the current ssytem to be flawed but I'm still not convinced the alternatives are any better.

The current system allows a party to govern without checks by gaining the support of 31% of the country. That just is not right. The only other government in Europe which operates a system as unrepresentative as ours is France. It doesn't matter what kind of system you have as long as decently clever people with the right motives come to the top. Unfortunately I have to hope that would start to happen when total power was no longer on offer to twats.

The current system allows a party to govern without checks by gaining the support of 31% of the country. That just is not right. The only other government in Europe which operates a system as unrepresentative as ours is France. It doesn't matter what kind of system you have as long as decently clever people with the right motives come to the top. Unfortunately I have to hope that would start to happen when total power was no longer on offer to twats.

I just can't help remembering Major having to horse trade with the Ulster Unionists to remain in power at one stage - I remember a remark about how they had to pass a nasty little law which allowed the RUC to take away even more rights from people and I could see the same thing happening with the BNP or George Galloway - or even other single issue MPs which are quite likely.

As you say if it was all about noble checks and balances then it would be fine - people being petty little shits puts a dampener on that imo.

He's an 'out of towner' if that's what you're getting at :razz:

Voting systems are all flawed.

http://mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2008/02/...voting-paradox/

He's an 'out of towner' if that's what you're getting at :razz:

Just wondered if it was one of the 3 closely fought constituencies in the north east.

In South Shields I'm happy to vote Green, safe in the knowledge that voting on principal might reduce the margin of the labour win, but it's not going to do Cameron any favours.

I'd be happy for leazes to vote BNP/UKIP in South Shields too, but in (say) Tynemouth I'd really have to think about it more carefully because too many votes for 'other' could see the tories steal a valuable seat.

He's an 'out of towner' if that's what you're getting at ;)

Just wondered if it was one of the 3 closely fought constituencies in the north east.

In South Shields I'm happy to vote Green, safe in the knowledge that voting on principal might reduce the margin of the labour win, but it's not going to do Cameron any favours.

I'd be happy for leazes to vote BNP/UKIP in South Shields too, but in (say) Tynemouth I'd really have to think about it more carefully because too many votes for 'other' could see the tories steal a valuable seat.

:razz: How very big of you.

He's an 'out of towner' if that's what you're getting at ;)

:razz: How very big of you.

:icon_lol:

LM does live away from Newcastle now as he mentioned it in regard to struggling to get to mid-week games.

I know it's not but it would be funny if he lived in Singapore (though he obviously isn't 18).

A little bit of nationalism can do you good mind (like all things, its best taken in moderation).

I in no way condone anything the BNP say but there is an important social reaction to globalisation taking place all over the world. The ideas of national identity and economic sovereignty are valid and important concerns for the world due to the pace of technological and economic changes, created by a vasty accelerated increase in the exchange of goods, services and culture across borders.

From all this, there is a crisis of identity for people and a need for governments to resist the march of capitalism and protect national economic resources. Neither of these has been done to any extent by Labour during the past 12 years, principally because there is little to be gained from imperial pride (our identity of the early 20th centrury) and because very few have been able to think through the structural economic problems posed by global markets. This is why nationalism has an opportunity but fortunately (or unfortunately) the muppets running the party are too thick to understand what is happening to Britain and why.

On a slightly related note: 'Broken Britain' is the biggest lie i have witnessed in British politics since the Iraq invasion.