General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A little bit of nationalism can do you good mind (like all things, its best taken in moderation).

I in no way condone anything the BNP say but there is an important social reaction to globalisation taking place all over the world. The ideas of national identity and economic sovereignty are valid and important concerns for the world due to the pace of technological and economic changes, created by a vasty accelerated increase in the exchange of goods, services and culture across borders.

From all this, there is a crisis of identity for people and a need for governments to resist the march of capitalism and protect national economic resources. Neither of these has been done to any extent by Labour during the past 12 years, principally because there is little to be gained from imperial pride (our identity of the early 20th centrury) and because very few have been able to think through the structural economic problems posed by global markets. This is why nationalism has an opportunity but fortunately (or unfortunately) the muppets running the party are too thick to understand what is happening to Britain and why.

On a slightly related note: 'Broken Britain' is the biggest lie i have witnessed in British politics since the Iraq invasion.

Good post.

Identity is freedom, freedom is love, love is ALL. :razz:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Election 2010: Leaders divided on alien invasion

Michael Deacon has grilled our political leaders on how they plan to tackle earth's imminent annihilation by aliens.

Aliens almost certainly exist – and if they visit Earth, they're unlikely to be very nice to us. So says Stephen Hawking. It's widely agreed that Professor Hawking knows quite a lot about space. Bearing this in mind, I suspect I speak for all right-minded people when I say OH DEAR GOD WE'RE ALL DOOMED.

Can our political leaders save us? I asked them for their thoughts.

David Cameron

"We mustn't fear change. I believe in change for Britain. Change for families. Change for schools. And – why not? – change in the Earth's dominant species.

"Last week I was on Neptune and I met a 4.7million-year-old being who had served on an intergalactic warship for 6.2million years. And he told me that, after millennia of human government, Earth needed to take a new line on immigration.

"Namely, that we let his people in so they could turn us all into slaves."

Nick Clegg

"Thank you, Michael, for your brilliant question.

"When these beings attack our planet, the parties will have to accept that and work together for a fairer universe. If we get a hung parliament, the world won't end.

"Well, unless the aliens blow it up with massive lasers or something."

Gordon Brown

"I agree with Nick. Or possibly David. Or possibly King Zargon the Great, Overlord of Jupiter."

Nick Griffin

"Once again, we see the political elite throwing open our borders to illegal aliens.

"These life forms will undercut British wages. They'll demand fewer workers' rights. And they'll work longer hours because they've all got 17 arms.

"Yesterday, campaigning in Barking, I barely saw an indigenous Brit. It was a sea of green faces. Honestly, it was like leafleting on bloody Mars."

Alex Salmond

"As Earth faces destruction, there is one question, above all others, that must be addressed.

"What does it mean for Scotland?

"It is a democratic disgrace that, during their preparations to destroy our planet, the aliens have not sought to include the governing party of Scotland in their discussions. I hereby launch an urgent appeal for a £50,000 'fighting fund' with which the SNP can mount a legal challenge against these aliens, and demand fairness for Scotland in their efforts to annihilate mankind."

SNP have arrived at court to lodge papers over its exclusion from the TV debate.

Funny, they didn't do this when ITV or Sky were hosting it :razz:

Salmond is a slimy bastard, even by politicians' standards.

Indeed... Didn't dare serve a writ on Murdoch last week though, did he?

Isn't it true that he refused to take part in a BBC Scotland debate at the weekend?

What a cock!

just had a labour canvasser at the door all but begging me to vote for them to stop the tories getting in, that was the primary focus of the conversation. Not what Labour would do.

just had a labour canvasser at the door all but begging me to vote for them to stop the tories getting in, that was the primary focus of the conversation. Not what Labour would do.

They've been in for 13 year. They're doing what they'll do.

SNP have arrived at court to lodge papers over its exclusion from the TV debate.

Funny, they didn't do this when ITV or Sky were hosting it :razz:

Fine by me, as long as they're willing to put up the deposits to stand a candidate in every single English and Welsh constituency too.

Thought not.

I think that's been their mandate throughout this election. They've already resigned themselves to the idea that they're not going to get a majority which seems strange considering it'll almost certainly see the end of Brown's leadership yet I can't recall him once pushing the 'vote Labour' line.

From the Tory point of view, they've fallen on their arses big time. The incumbent government is deeply unpopular with the electorate yet the Tories can only pull out a 3 point lead?

They should have a 10 point lead without breaking a sweat in reality. In failing to do so, confirms to me just how unprepared for government they actually are.

Whilst I don't like Cameron, I don't see him as the weak link. Osbourne is dragging the Tories down more than anything IMHO.

WWW.voteforpolicies.org.UK

Dunno if its been posted, but worth a look. I was 75% Labour, 25% Lib Dem and 100% awesome.

:razz: How camp does that sound? ;)

I was 50% Labour (Economy, NHS) 25% Green (Democracy), and 25% LibDem (Europe).

Also quite interesting:

http://www.voterpower.org.uk/

I have 0.273 of a vote, which is actually 1.08x more voting power than the UK average.

We're clearly in the same constituency.

The thought of Wendy Morton getting in physically sickens me.

Which way you voting Renty? Let's form a coalition of our own!

Meenzer that's dire! Spongebob is currently the most powerful man on Toontastic.