Mike Ashley --- As Good As It Gets

Christmas Tree

Depends really, it's always good to get money in early, however, much of the money received from season tickets would have come anyway whether the discount was offered now or in the next financial year.

In accounting terms it won't hit the P&L. On the balance sheet there will obviously be an increase in cash but an equal amount will be recorded as a liability. And so it will balance itself out.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And theres another thing funnily enough, if hes sorted out the finances then why the fuck do we need to flog STs now at a reduced rate?

Theres only two reasons I can see to do that, either you need the cash in now to help balance the books or you know fine well that when renewal time comes people arent going to be happy with some decision or other youve made in the preceding month(s).

Financial year end?

You do realise you're putting that argument to the tax man, right? :icon_lol:

You do realise that this is a common business practice to drag forward as much revenue as possible into the year about to end. <_<

You mean deferred income? Which is of course a liability.

???

Dont know about that....

Surely if the tickets are sold in this financial year it is not deferred?

Jesus Christ, I thought you were a director of some sort at one point? :icon_lol:

And theres another thing funnily enough, if hes sorted out the finances then why the fuck do we need to flog STs now at a reduced rate?

Theres only two reasons I can see to do that, either you need the cash in now to help balance the books or you know fine well that when renewal time comes people arent going to be happy with some decision or other youve made in the preceding month(s).

Financial year end?

You do realise that this is a common business practice to drag forward as much revenue as possible into the year about to end. <_<

???

Dont know about that....

Jesus Christ, I thought you were a director of some sort at one point? :icon_lol:

Marketing you numpty....Finance is for the clever people

Good with crayons = Marketing

Good with numbers = Finance

Motivation

Wants to sell so realises we have to be succesful to attract buyers

Wants to prove all the knockers wrong which means we have to be succesful

Wants to turn over a new leaf and develop Newcastle into a top four team

All of these scenarios will benefit us.

All are fucking unlikely considering hes had numerous attempts to sell and at each stage has done nothing to attract buyers, hes had numerous attempts to prove the knockers wrong and done nothing to sway them (except you). As for the last one, yeah course he has.

Capabilities

Became a billionaire at 40 so a shrewd cookie, whatever you think of him

The 60th richest person in the UK

As we leave recession, his wealth will continue to rise

Has a world wide sports empire that could benefit from a connection to a successful club

Reaching the top six of the prem without a rich benefactor or years of prolonged success is nigh on impossible these days.

He bought the club for exactly the last reason so hes not done too good a job on it so far has he?

You also forgot......

screwed his own father out of the business

dodgy business practices

An investigation by the SFA which could see him jailed and lose his business.

Alternatives

Barry "no money" Moat

NUSC

Fly by night consortiums (aka Portsmouth)

A white knight with pots of cash

Leaving the last miracle to one side, the rest could be very dangerous for us as a club in these difficult financial times and certainly would not have the readies to allow us to compete with the big boys.

Firstly, Moat never has and never will be a contender so lets put Billy Big Mouth Bass to bed once and for all shall we? There are numerous other potential options, none of which however I agree will touch us with a barge pole for the money he'll want for us once we're up.

If we are promoted, I would hope that he sees fit to put some long term stability in place, ideally replace Llambias and make a decent transfer kitty available.

So would I, Id also like world peace and a 18inch dick but we can all dream.

Naturally I would not put my mortgage on him doing this, but the point of this thread, repeated, is to highlight that except for a white knight, he might be our best bet for a return to competing at the highest level.

Hes not our best bet, hes currently our only bet, its like saying "Ive left the kids with Gary Glitter, the only other babysitters available were Josef Fritzel and Myra Hindley so best of a bad bunch, still lets not bother checking on them eh?"

Doesnt mean we have to forgive and forget, as long as there are fans like you, who desert the club with talk of boycotts while were in the Championship then reappear as soon as we're promoted then the likes of the fat man will have won. He knows he can do as he likes and there'll always be some mug to back him up.

None of that is attention seeking

Its not a wind up

Its a very straightforward argument.

:icon_lol:

Bollocks

Its hard trying to reply to you because you are currently posting like some teenage internet warrior.

I appreciate you are running for election but KISS

Just seen this, which part of my post reads like a "teenage internet warrior" ? and what the fuck do the elections have to do with anything?

Or is that your standard response to things you dont have an answer to?

Thing is CT all youve done in all of these threads is post the same factless drivel as reasons to kiss Ashleys arse, either respond to the stuff people are putting up as facts against your arguments or admit you're on the Wind Up.

Motivation

Wants to sell so realises we have to be succesful to attract buyers

Wants to prove all the knockers wrong which means we have to be succesful

Wants to turn over a new leaf and develop Newcastle into a top four team

All of these scenarios will benefit us.

All are fucking unlikely considering hes had numerous attempts to sell and at each stage has done nothing to attract buyers, hes had numerous attempts to prove the knockers wrong and done nothing to sway them (except you). As for the last one, yeah course he has.

Capabilities

Became a billionaire at 40 so a shrewd cookie, whatever you think of him

The 60th richest person in the UK

As we leave recession, his wealth will continue to rise

Has a world wide sports empire that could benefit from a connection to a successful club

Reaching the top six of the prem without a rich benefactor or years of prolonged success is nigh on impossible these days.

He bought the club for exactly the last reason so hes not done too good a job on it so far has he?

You also forgot......

screwed his own father out of the business

dodgy business practices

An investigation by the SFA which could see him jailed and lose his business.

Alternatives

Barry "no money" Moat

NUSC

Fly by night consortiums (aka Portsmouth)

A white knight with pots of cash

Leaving the last miracle to one side, the rest could be very dangerous for us as a club in these difficult financial times and certainly would not have the readies to allow us to compete with the big boys.

Firstly, Moat never has and never will be a contender so lets put Billy Big Mouth Bass to bed once and for all shall we? There are numerous other potential options, none of which however I agree will touch us with a barge pole for the money he'll want for us once we're up.

If we are promoted, I would hope that he sees fit to put some long term stability in place, ideally replace Llambias and make a decent transfer kitty available.

So would I, Id also like world peace and a 18inch dick but we can all dream.

Naturally I would not put my mortgage on him doing this, but the point of this thread, repeated, is to highlight that except for a white knight, he might be our best bet for a return to competing at the highest level.

Hes not our best bet, hes currently our only bet, its like saying "Ive left the kids with Gary Glitter, the only other babysitters available were Josef Fritzel and Myra Hindley so best of a bad bunch, still lets not bother checking on them eh?"

Doesnt mean we have to forgive and forget, as long as there are fans like you, who desert the club with talk of boycotts while were in the Championship then reappear as soon as we're promoted then the likes of the fat man will have won. He knows he can do as he likes and there'll always be some mug to back him up.

None of that is attention seeking

Its not a wind up

Its a very straightforward argument.

:icon_lol:

Bollocks

Its hard trying to reply to you because you are currently posting like some teenage internet warrior.

I appreciate you are running for election but KISS

Just seen this, which part of my post reads like a "teenage internet warrior" ? and what the fuck do the elections have to do with anything?

Or is that your standard response to things you dont have an answer to?

Thing is CT all youve done in all of these threads is post the same factless drivel as reasons to kiss Ashleys arse, either respond to the stuff people are putting up as facts against your arguments or admit you're on the Wind Up.

And you wonder where the internet warrior comes from :icon_lol:

And with regard to facts, I doubt you could find very few FACTS to back up most of your hysterical claims.

You seem incapable of normal debate and go into hysteria mode whenever people have a different opinion.

I suggest you keep away from Ashley debates or better still follow these wise words of wisdom

whether you read a fanzine or make posts on an internet message board you're view is as important as everyone else's.

Vote for Peter

<_<

Financial year end?

Yep, bringing money forward to help balance books, thats not good business, people slated Shepherd for buying England strikers using sponsorship money yet again however we're getting in future ST money early which means it wont be available come next seasons transfers.

I think your conspiracy compass is working overdrive, a chairman who wants people buy season tickets, something must be up. :icon_lol:

When money comes in has no relevance on when it goes out. ;)

Financial year end?

You do realise that this is a common business practice to drag forward as much revenue as possible into the year about to end. :rolleyes:

???

Dont know about that....

Jesus Christ, I thought you were a director of some sort at one point? ;)

Never the less are you suggesting you can get to such a role without knowledge of basic business acumen. :doh:

Financial year end?

You do realise that this is a common business practice to drag forward as much revenue as possible into the year about to end. :rolleyes:

???

Dont know about that....

Jesus Christ, I thought you were a director of some sort at one point? ;)

Never the less are you suggesting you can get to such a role without knowledge of basic business acumen. :rolleyes:

The sort of creative financing that goes on in a plc is a far cry from "Basic business acumen". Next you will be saying IT workers should know about networks :doh:

Are you lot still discussing NUFC btw? Just wondered ;)

Trying

I get the feeling around that last nights win has really got everyone on party footing.

I cant wait to see whats going to happen next whether we'll be up for sale or not. But promotion is going to bring one hell of a feel good factor to MA and if we are not going to be sold then I cant wait for the window to open. (whenever that is)

Next you will be saying IT workers should know about networks ;)

Our director does know about networks though :icon_lol:

Not the finance director :doh:

Our director IS the FD and has an excellent understanding of IT Networks.

Anyway Alex is right, you're diverting away - back on topic :rolleyes:

Are you lot still discussing NUFC btw? Just wondered ;)

Trying

Just wondered why you mentioned a plc in that case.

He's either daft or a WUM man