Mike Ashley --- As Good As It Gets

Christmas Tree

I agree, threads like this are a load of shit and end up making everyone look like pedantic moaning bitches (even though they're the life-blood of forums).

I just couldn't help myself.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only play the hand of cards you're dealt. No matter how much you whinge, bitch and moan about the dealer they're not going to change. Alternately you can talk endlessly about better hands you've had in the past and waste everybodies time.

Nobody is saying that we are not going to play the hand we're dealt - that is, support the team despite all of the hardships we have suffered because of Ashley. It is obvious from our Championship turnouts that few if any have turned their back on the club and rightly so. That doesn't mean that we should for one second do as this wally suggests: forgive Ashley for all of his multitudinous transgressions and gratefully accept him as our saviour. He is a cancer of this club and while we are as powerless to cure it as any cancer sufferer is, that doesn't mean that we are about to say "oh, it's no worse than a bad cold, no harm done."

CT's list of Ashley's positive attributes all describe what has happened this season. Even if we somehow accept that this proves that Ashley has the acumen to properly run a Championship football club and to get them promoted (and in doing so, we are discounting the fact that we came down obviously a class above the rest of the dross in this league, and so therefore all we had to do to get back up was not implode - should we hold an open top parade because Fat Mike managed to not implode?) then it still only proves he can run a Championship football club. And for the last 16 years, NUFC were a Premier League club. Who accompanied our change in league status? Oh yes, it was Ashley. And there is plenty of evidence to suggest he cannot run a Premier League football club.

Ashley has it all to prove, but you are kinding yourself if you dont think the club was on the slide before he took over.

And it continued its slide into the Championship under his running.

...and thankfully we are going back up. So what is your point??

Another example of your long-term damage CT; reducing expectations to such a degree that relegation is passed off as just one of those things, so long as we get back up again.

Ashley has it all to prove, but you are kinding yourself if you dont think the club was on the slide before he took over.

Another example of your long-term damage CT; reducing expectations to such a degree that relegation is passed off as just one of those things, so long as we get back up again.

The point he is making, which is clear as day to me, was that we were heading downwards before Ashley came here.

1 month before Ashley bought us we had just finished 6 points off relegation.

Surely its quite easy to understand his view that we were on the slide without getting all hysterical :icon_lol:

The point he is making, which is clear as day to me, was that we were heading downwards before Ashley came here.

1 month before Ashley bought us we had just finished 6 points off relegation.

Surely its quite easy to understand his view that we were on the slide without getting all hysterical :icon_lol:

It was a risk that we might get relegated under Shepherd. Lucky Ashley came in and made certain of it.

:icon_lol:

Guest Barrack Road

Ashley could win us the Champions League, and I'd still be bitter regarding how he treat Keegan. An ideal solution would be he gets all his money back, and we get some sort of ownership structure which purely has the long term interests of the club, not investors, at heart.

BFCMA has soured things with our 'special one', the only way he can make up for that and many other transgressions is to deliver a trophy imo. And I mean a proper one.

It was a risk that we might get relegated under Shepherd. Lucky Ashley came in and made certain of it.

Next CT will be arguing that Ashley is more successful than Shepherd because he got us promoted, something Shep didnt manage once in the last 16 years!

Next CT will be arguing that Ashley is more successful than Shepherd because he got us promoted, something Shep didnt manage once in the last 16 years!

Lots of huff and puff, but the facts, as set out in the opening post, remain..........

He has apologised for his mistakes.

He has stabalised the club.

He has been proved right in his decision to appoint Hughton

He has backed Hughton in January

We are on course for a return to the premiership.

Stop fucking moaning you miserable bunch of twats.

You are getting tedious, and obviously a WUM..

Your credibility will dive if you keep up spouting this shite

And Leazes would know about that :icon_lol:

I am one of the few people who correctly called Ashley, and got the Halls and Shepherd into the correct perspective.

Its quite refreshing that you have admitted elsewhere you got them wrong, and yet still say that I am spouting rubbish.

You should admit that I was right, and bow down to someone who had superior judgement :icon_lol:

Shit Im going to bite........

Pop the link in where you correctly called Ashley.

I will look tomorrow.

Your defence of Ashley is admirable, but naive and misguided I'm afraid. We will never qualify for the Champs League like we did, under his ownership, like we did under the previous regime, while he has a hole in his arse.

He has taken us back over 20 years in fact, and people like you have completely accepted the lower standards and expectations that he has inflicted on the club and its support.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/...,68021.676.html

" In each case there came a point where the evidence was overwhelming that my optimism was unfounded. "

£147m of debt versus £70m of debt.

Losing £25m a season versus losing £30m a season.

That's stabalised?

Id hate to see him destabilise us!!!

All the above are arguments CT has chosen to ignore throughout these threads.

I am one of the few people who correctly called Ashley, and got the Halls and Shepherd into the correct perspective.

Its quite refreshing that you have admitted elsewhere you got them wrong, and yet still say that I am spouting rubbish.

You should admit that I was right, and bow down to someone who had superior judgement :icon_lol:

I will look tomorrow.

Your defence of Ashley is admirable, but naive and misguided I'm afraid. We will never qualify for the Champs League like we did, under his ownership, like we did under the previous regime, while he has a hole in his arse.

He has taken us back over 20 years in fact, and people like you have completely accepted the lower standards and expectations that he has inflicted on the club and its support.

" In each case there came a point where the evidence was overwhelming that my optimism was unfounded. "

Why you quoting me at CT?

Which means it true but they are sworn to silence.

Doesn't mean fat mike will accept the bid tho, but lets all keep praying.

What happened to this CT? Has one campaign in the Championship suddenly changed your opinion on the current regime, and if so how? To simply put it were a joke, seriously if you see any positive outlook when we return to the Premiership, then you're clearly misguided, and the best outcome is survival, although that requires sufficent backing in the transfer window, which given Ashley's record that doesn't look too positive, so you're suggesting we give him another chance? For what exactly? To let him continue to demoralise the club and mislead the fans yet again, fuck that for a laugh.

I will look tomorrow.

At least it seems like a proper debate that thread Leazes, not the hysteria on here. (Couldnt see you in that link tho??? Confused)

You should admit that I was right, and bow down to someone who had superior judgement <_<

I will look tomorrow.

At least it seems like a proper debate that thread Leazes, not the hysteria on here. (Couldnt see you in that link tho??? Confused)

Are you reading the same thread. The one where they're debating whether we "needed to be relegated" as if it was the Ashley masterplan? And you talk about rewriting history.

Edited by Happy Face

Which means it true but they are sworn to silence.

Doesn't mean fat mike will accept the bid tho, but lets all keep praying.

What happened to this CT? Has one campaign in the Championship suddenly changed your opinion on the current regime, and if so how? To simply put it were a joke, seriously if you see any positive outlook when we return to the Premiership, then you're clearly misguided, and the best outcome is survival, although that requires sufficent backing in the transfer window, which given Ashley's record that doesn't look too positive, so you're suggesting we give him another chance? For what exactly? To let him continue to demoralise the club and mislead the fans yet again, fuck that for a laugh.

Fuck me just read the opening post and all your questions are answered....

And with regard to

seriously if you see any positive outlook when we return to the Premiership, then you're clearly misguided

You've lost me. returning to the premiership is not positive????? :icon_lol:

£147m of debt versus £70m of debt.

Losing £25m a season versus losing £30m a season.

That's stabalised?

Maybe you should wait until the accounts are actually published, before you quote them. :icon_lol:

Or better still dont post anything as you clearly dont understand what's already been published.... 70m <_<

You should admit that I was right, and bow down to someone who had superior judgement <_<

I will look tomorrow.

Are you reading the same thread. The one where they're debating whether we "needed to be relegated" as if it was the Ashley masterplan? And you talk about rewriting history.

Just reading a few of the posts on that page Leazes posted.....Mr Pessimistic Face :icon_lol:

The bottom line is that the militant minority <_< have nothing to offer only pessimism.

Look at it like a divorce CT, one you've been going through for 2 years. Yes, you're getting back your record collection, which is nice, but the slag is still living in the house where you pay the mortgage and won't let you see the kids.

Just reading a few of the posts on that page Leazes posted.....Mr Pessimistic Face :icon_lol:

The bottom line is that the militant minority :icon_lol: have nothing to offer only pessimism.

I've been giving my full and unswerving support to the club through this whole debacle.

What exactly are you bringing to the table Mr Boycott?

Look at it like a divorce CT, one you've been going through for 2 years. Yes, you're getting back your record collection, which is nice, but the slag is still living in the house where you pay the mortgage and won't let you see the kids.

See thats just more pessimism.....

I'll look at it as Mike Ashley, making the decisions to secure promotion.

The bottom line is that the militant minority :icon_lol: have nothing to offer only pessimism.

I've been giving my full and unswerving support to the club through this whole debacle.

What exactly are you bringing to the table Mr Boycott?

Fairly transparent weak wummery?

See thats just more pessimism.....

I'll look at it as Mike Ashley, making the decisions to secure promotion.

Loving your positive outlook mister.

You seem almost as positive as you were about the club being sold by the 'end of the week'.

If you close your eyes tight and REALLY REALLY hope as hard as you can it might actually work out for you this time too.