Mike Ashley --- As Good As It Gets

Christmas Tree

Hopefully I will be right and the majority will be wrong.

I think they way they've ignored the media and took the sting out of the carrol / Taylor affair has been excellent.

All we need for our first year back is to back Hughtons decisions and let's start filling the squad with right sort of players. Personally I think ( and I know this sounds obvious) that that is half the skill to management.

Get a winning mentality going and we are half way there.

CT suffering from Leazesmania???

It'll get you kicked off NO mind.

No, that only comes when you try to rub their noses in it. I wouldnt do such a thing........ ;)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they way they've ignored the media and took the sting out of the carrol / Taylor affair has been excellent.

All we need for our first year back is to back Hughtons decisions and let's start filling the squad with right sort of players. Personally I think ( and I know this sounds obvious) that that is half the skill to management.

CT suffering from Leazesmania???

It'll get you kicked off NO mind.

hopefully I will be right ?

When I was saying the Halls and Shepherd were a good board and replacing them with better would be v.difficult.... I KNEW that I was right

Christ, I don't think I'll be able to take the next nine months of your shite. The whole summer will be filled with endless posts of you assuring us that Fat Mike and Hughton have everything in hand, the transfers will come, never mind those players we're losing as they were the 'wrong' sort of players anyway (as in, they were actually good). Then when the window closes it'll be "we've got to get behind the team, our backing is important, Hughton can keep us up" and then when around Christmans after Hughton is sacrificed and Fat Mike puts the club up for sale again it'll be "don't worry, the takeover will be completed by the end of the week."

Heard it all before. Broken record. Fuck off already.

Well then dont keep reading my posts and commenting on them for fucks sake.

You are definitely the most negative poster on this board, so much so, that I swear you must be a relative of Sam Allardyce.

At least I have opinions, right or wrong, you just constantly spout shit without any attempt at a reasonable argument.

Im sure you actually hope all of your post comes true. If it doesnt, dont forget to come back on and give some credit to those you constantly slag off.

In the meantime :icon_lol: , ;) and :doh:

I'd gladly take that bet you offered to peasepud. If Hughton is still in a job at Christmas I'll leave this board for 6 months. If he's gone, so are you. At least it'll spare me having to listen to your "positive outlook" as we go down again.

Love how you said "those" I constantly slag off as though it weren't just you. You're the only one thick enough to spout this particular brand of self-delusion and Ashley loving.

I would love nothing more than for us to be successful. You make it sound as though my hatred of Ashley and his cronies would somehow eclipse my love for NUFC. But no matter what, even if he brought in Mourinho to manage us and signed Messi and Jesus Christ to play up front, I would never believe another word to come out of Mike Ashley's mouth again. He has no respect for us, treats us with the utmost contempt, and is only in this to make money as cheaply as possible off us. Would I rather have Ashley in charge and us winning things or Shepherd and his ilk in charge and us winning fuck all for another fifty years? Ashley, for sure. But I am realistic enough to know that all we're going to win under Mike Ashley is the Championship title and probably more than once.

I don't want to be right, but the facts are all there. If you really think Ashley would change his ways, well, I've got oceanfront property in Kansas I can give you a good price on.

• 4 weeks later...

Sports Direct earnings on track after strong Easter

Sales up 2.9%

Gross profit up 7.9%

Trading "robust" over Easter holidays

LONDON, April 22 (Reuters) - Sports Direct (SPD.L), Britain's biggest sporting goods retailer, is on track to meet its full-year earnings forecast after robust trading over the Easter holidays, it said on Thursday.

The group, controlled by Newcastle United soccer club boss Mike Ashley, said sales rose 2.9 percent to 214 million pounds ($330 million) in the nine weeks ended March 28, with gross profits climbing 7.9 percent to 82 million.

"The retail division has seen robust Easter holiday trading against tough comparators and we look forward to a successful football World Cup both on and off the field," said chief executive David Forsey.

Sports Direct, which has twice lifted its earnings guidance for the year ending April 25, said it remained confident of achieving its latest forecast for earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation of at least 160 million pounds.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :nufc:

All good news boys and girls.....Mikes getting richer ;)

Guest Barrack Road
All good news boys and girls.....Mikes getting richer ;)

You bought one of these yet CT?

17690970.jpg

"I like Newcastle and I fucking love plates, so this is ideal really - Robson Green"

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :nufc::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Who's those two lasses supposed to be San and Tray?

Edited by Barrack Road

All good news boys and girls.....Mikes getting richer :razz:

NEWCASTLE owner Mike Ashley has seen his personal fortune rocket by almost £200million in the last year, despite the Magpies tumbling out of the Premier League.

The Sunday Times published its annual Rich List yesterday, which estimates the Sports Direct boss to be worth £890million, up from £700million last year, and putting him again at the head of the North East's 20 richest people.

There is no place onhe list for Sunderland owner Ellis Short because the U.S.-born businessman is an Irish, rather than UK citizen.

Mike Ashley's £890million fortune makes him worth more than twice as much as the second-placed person on the list.

Mark Fenwick, head of the department store family, is estimated to be worth £420millon, up from £365million last year.

Dragon's Den star Duncan Bannatyne is third, with his estimated value of £320million holding steady on last year, while the Duke of Northumberland, worth an estimated £300million, is fourth and Alastair and Michael Powell, who run Teeside-based Cleveland Cable and Cable Properties and Investments, are fifth with a combined value of £209million.

Sir Peter Vardy and family fly the flag for Wearside at number eight, worth an estimated £150million.

Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson has also enjoyed a fruitful year, with his worth estimated to have jumped by a whopping 37 per cent, from £82million to £112million, enough to move him up to 10th place on the list.

The world of showbusiness is also represented on the list.

Singer/songwriter Sting's personal fortune of £180millon is enough to land him sixth place, while South Shields-born film directing brothers Tony and Sir Ridley Scott are 11th, worth an estimated £110million between them.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/nufc/Newcast...list.6253167.jp