Mike Ashley --- As Good As It Gets

Christmas Tree

Was that supposed to remind everyone of...

● It is a fact that Keegan was allowed to manage his duties without interference.

● It is a fact that he agreed not to talk to the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players.

● It is a fact that Kevin Keegan worked within that structure from 16th January 2008 until his resignation.

● It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, as manager, had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the team.

● It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints.

● It is a fact that NUFC's financial constraints inform its transfer dealings.

More or less. They're my facts, but I'd challenge anyone to disprove them. I was basically trying to remove feelings from the picture to give a run down of the last couple of years under Ashley.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are getting tedious, and obviously a WUM..

Your credibility will dive if you keep up spouting this shite

And Leazes would know about that :icon_lol:

I am one of the few people who correctly called Ashley, and got the Halls and Shepherd into the correct perspective.

Its quite refreshing that you have admitted elsewhere you got them wrong, and yet still say that I am spouting rubbish.

You should admit that I was right, and bow down to someone who had superior judgement :icon_lol:

Come on Leazes, tell it like it really is. We've agreed (as most people do) they made a lot of mistakes as well as bringing us some great times we'll not see again for a long time.

I am one of the few people who correctly called Ashley, and got the Halls and Shepherd into the correct perspective.

Its quite refreshing that you have admitted elsewhere you got them wrong, and yet still say that I am spouting rubbish.

You should admit that I was right, and bow down to someone who had superior judgement :icon_lol:

Come on Leazes, tell it like it really is. We've agreed (as most people do) they made a lot of mistakes as well as bringing us some great times we'll not see again for a long time.

I've always told it like it is.

5th most qualified team for europe in the country, 5th highest average league position, transformed the club, transformed the stadium, filled it every week, bough top quality footballers to the club etc etc.........so what exactly are you disagreeing with here ?

Was that supposed to remind everyone of...

● It is a fact that Keegan was allowed to manage his duties without interference.

● It is a fact that he agreed not to talk to the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players.

● It is a fact that Kevin Keegan worked within that structure from 16th January 2008 until his resignation.

● It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, as manager, had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the team.

● It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints.

● It is a fact that NUFC's financial constraints inform its transfer dealings.

More or less. They're my facts, but I'd challenge anyone to disprove them. I was basically trying to remove feelings from the picture to give a run down of the last couple of years under Ashley.

Most of them can't be disproved because they aren't even concrete statements of actions taken, more your take on the reasoning behind the actions taken which we'll never know. Only one wasn't...

FACT

The club was in a bad position when Mike Ashley took over.

I agree, but then he didn't help by increasing the wage bill and transfer spending exponentially in his first year signing expensive flops like Viduka, Barton, Smith, Geremi, Coloccini and Xisco.

And WRT to..

FACT

If Ashley wasn't so incompetent and reckless and actually looked over the books he would not have bought the club.

That's more speculation but Chris Mort said in August 2007 "We did the typical due diligence one would do on a public takeover. There is no sense that anyone has tried to mislead us." So what should we believe?

5th most qualified team for europe in the country, 5th highest average league position, transformed the club, transformed the stadium, filled it every week, bough top quality footballers to the club etc etc.........so what exactly are you disagreeing with here ?

businessman-banging-his-head-against-the-wall-ispc026073.jpg

That's the point. I've never disagreed with any of that. Show me where I have and I'll admit you were right and I was wrong.

Shit Im going to bite........

Pop the link in where you correctly called Ashley.

I will look tomorrow.

Your defence of Ashley is admirable, but naive and misguided I'm afraid. We will never qualify for the Champs League like we did, under his ownership, like we did under the previous regime, while he has a hole in his arse.

He has taken us back over 20 years in fact, and people like you have completely accepted the lower standards and expectations that he has inflicted on the club and its support.

I will look tomorrow.

Your defence of Ashley is admirable, but naive and misguided I'm afraid. We will never qualify for the Champs League like we did, under his ownership, like we did under the previous regime, while he has a hole in his arse.

He has taken us back over 20 years in fact, and people like you have completely accepted the lower standards and expectations that he has inflicted on the club and its support.

Just for you Leazes...

I'm not denying they have made mistakes, but the simple truth is whatever their mistakes, they have been the only half decent directors we have had at this club for 50 years. And, so far, Ashley and Mort have shown very little sign of understanding how to match the Champs League qualifications and couple of Cup Finals. Although I sincerely and obviously hope they catch on, and quickly.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=407332

6 months after my post in the other thread like <_<

Lets not forget Leazes that when he took over we had just finished 6 points from being relegated and 33 points away from the champions league.

As opposed to one point from avoiding relegation and 48 points off the champions league, but lets not look backwards.

I will look tomorrow.

Just for you Leazes...

I'm not denying they have made mistakes, but the simple truth is whatever their mistakes, they have been the only half decent directors we have had at this club for 50 years. And, so far, Ashley and Mort have shown very little sign of understanding how to match the Champs League qualifications and couple of Cup Finals. Although I sincerely and obviously hope they catch on, and quickly.

??

I've always said this, and I will look for your quote tomorrow.

I will look tomorrow.

Just for you Leazes...

Thats pretty impressive Leazes.....But .....at the time you were dissing them they were 11th in the table and not third bottom as they had been exactly a year earlier under Fat Fred???

You're right, but you fail to comprehend how much has changed in the league in that time. The spending from Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United has accelerated at a crazy level. Plus now you have Manchester City in the picture. It's MUCH harder to qualify for the Champions League nowadays than it was when we did it previously.

You're right, but you fail to comprehend how much has changed in the league in that time. The spending from Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United has accelerated at a crazy level. Plus now you have Manchester City in the picture. It's MUCH harder to qualify for the Champions League nowadays than it was when we did it previously.

We should be able to challenge for the Europa though. Challenging for the top half of the table is a reasonable expectation, and looks beyond us at the moment.

We should be able to challenge for the Europa though. Challenging for the top half of the table is a reasonable expectation, and looks beyond us at the moment.

Yeah, I too think that we should but only in a few years time after we stabilise in the League first. At the moment we don't have a squad that's seemingly capable of Europa qualification and we know that we're not going to see the type of gargantuan influx of funds that will see us immediately compete with the likes of Aston Villa, Tottenham and Everton.

2 years might seem like a long time now, but it will fly by. In the meantime I think we have to set reasonable expectations of what we're capable of all things considered.

Yeah, I too think that we should but only in a few years time after we stabilise in the League first. At the moment we don't have a squad that's seemingly capable of Europa qualification and we know that we're not going to see the type of gargantuan influx of funds that will see us immediately compete with the likes of Aston Villa, Tottenham and Everton.

2 years might seem like a long time now, but it will fly by. In the meantime I think we have to set reasonable expectations of what we're capable of all things considered.

Agreed. With CH at the helm and Fat Ash in charge, realistically we're only looking at survival but this shouldn't be acceptable. I'd settle for sustained improvement in the team over the longer term but I'm not convinced we'll get it.

I'm with CT on this one.

I'm quite prepared to forget the snide, backstabbing disdain KK was subject to.

I'm quite prepared to forget the appointment of a complete joke as our manager (JFK)

I'm quite prepared to forget being lied to and treated with thinly veiled contempt by Board & Owner.

I'm quite prepared to forget the hollow feelings of pain and shame that avoidable relegation brought.

I'm quite prepared to forget all the other shit thrown my way by Ashley & Co.

Don't worry though, the wind is forecast to change direction tomorrow, and with it my dearly held principles.

(moved this from another thread, was meant for here).

You can only play the hand of cards you're dealt. No matter how much you whinge, bitch and moan about the dealer they're not going to change. Alternately you can talk endlessly about better hands you've had in the past and waste everybodies time.

Edited by OzToonFan

You can only play the hand of cards you're dealt. No matter how much you whinge, bitch and moan about the dealer they're not going to change. Alternately you can talk endlessly about better hands you've had in the past and waste everybodies time.

Who's sparking all these Ashley debates? Without such ridiculous pro-ashley, attention seeking threads there's be a lot less whinging, bitching and moaning in response.