Mike Ashley --- As Good As It Gets

Christmas Tree

Which means it true but they are sworn to silence.

Doesn't mean fat mike will accept the bid tho, but lets all keep praying.

What happened to this CT? Has one campaign in the Championship suddenly changed your opinion on the current regime, and if so how? To simply put it were a joke, seriously if you see any positive outlook when we return to the Premiership, then you're clearly misguided, and the best outcome is survival, although that requires sufficent backing in the transfer window, which given Ashley's record that doesn't look too positive, so you're suggesting we give him another chance? For what exactly? To let him continue to demoralise the club and mislead the fans yet again, fuck that for a laugh.

Fuck me just read the opening post and all your questions are answered....

And with regard to

seriously if you see any positive outlook when we return to the Premiership, then you're clearly misguided

You've lost me. returning to the premiership is not positive????? :icon_lol:

Under the current regime, absolutely not. Reffering to your original post you're basically saying we should forget about the past because he's the 60th richest man in Britain? Eh, he's hardly proved that though has he? You really have the belief that Mike Ashley and Derrek Llambias have the greatest intentions of Newcastle United at heart? Do they fuck, they tried and failed to run the club as a business proposition and it backfired miserably. You've also forgot about the rebranding of SJP, which happened in the early stages of the current season, which suggests to me they'll never change their corrupted ways and are still in it to make a quick buck.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading a few of the posts on that page Leazes posted.....Mr Pessimistic Face :icon_lol:

The bottom line is that the militant minority :icon_lol: have nothing to offer only pessimism.

I've been giving my full and unswerving support to the club through this whole debacle.

What exactly are you bringing to the table Mr Boycott?

Fairly transparent weak wummery?

Wahey, Mr in depth arrives with a stunning contribution. <_<

Look at it like a divorce CT, one you've been going through for 2 years. Yes, you're getting back your record collection, which is nice, but the slag is still living in the house where you pay the mortgage and won't let you see the kids.

See thats just more pessimism.....

I'll look at it as Mike Ashley, making the decisions to secure promotion.

Can you remind me one more time what decisions those were?

Apart from deciding not to settle with Keegan and taking the club through an embarrasing tribunal where he was forced to admit he's a liar.

And apart from deciding pay his fat mate to streak naked across the pitch.

And apart from deciding to make the unethical business decisions that saw the BBC make a program about him.

And apart from deciding to make the unethical business decisions that saw him become the target of a fraud investigation.

And apart from deciding to announce that the stadium would be renamed before securing a sponsor and generating tens of thousands of signatures in petition against the proposal.

And apart from deciding to insult the supporters that generate millions in income by calling them 'unrealistic'.

And apart from deciding to frequently shove people into the media spotlight to congratulate him on these kinds of decisions.

Do you mean the decision to spend £5m in January? That one thing makes it all ok?

Edited by Happy Face

Look at it like a divorce CT, one you've been going through for 2 years. Yes, you're getting back your record collection, which is nice, but the slag is still living in the house where you pay the mortgage and won't let you see the kids.

Apart from deciding not to settle with Keegan and taking the club through an embarrasing tribunal where he was forced to admit he's a liar.

And apart from deciding to make the unethical business decisions that saw the BBC make a program about him.

And apart from deciding to make the unethical business decisions that saw him become the target of a fraud investigation.

And apart from deciding to announce that the stadium would be renamed before securing a sponsor and generating tens of thousands of signatures in petition against the proposal.

And apart from deciding to insult the supporters that generate millions in income by calling them 'unrealistic'.

And apart from deciding to frequently shove people into the media spotlight to congratulate him on these kinds of decisions.

Do you mean the decision to spend £5m in January? That one thing makes it all ok?

He has apologised for his mistakes.

He has stabalised the club.

He has been proved right in his decision to appoint Hughton

He has backed Hughton in January

We are on course for a return to the premiership.

The thing is I guess this is a pointless argument for you because no matter what happens now you will also find a way to look for the gloomy route.

If he spends 25 million and we finish mid table I guess you will still not be happy.

Just reading a few of the posts on that page Leazes posted.....Mr Pessimistic Face :icon_lol:

The bottom line is that the militant minority :icon_lol: have nothing to offer only pessimism.

I've been giving my full and unswerving support to the club through this whole debacle.

What's the point, you're being contrary and pointedly controversial. Your stand point isn't "Ashley has been good for this club" it's that you feel we should take solace from some of the things that have gone right. However that's not half as

much fun as appointing yourself chief cheer leader and declaring all who hold (reasonable) grievances with his stewardship, are pessmista and/or wrong.

You're on the wind up and it's pretty tedious to be honest

Edited by The Fish

The thing is I guess this is a pointless argument for you because no matter what happens now you will also find a way to look for the gloomy route.

If he spends 25 million and we finish mid table I guess you will still not be happy.

He apologised for releagation last year. He's not apologised for any of those things that all happened since. I've already asked about how he's stabalised the club but i never saw an answer.

If he spends £25m then it'll blow your argument out of the water. His claims of making the tough choices to have stabalised the club and the importance of doing so will be exposed as lies. He has to stick to his austerity approach if he's to be taken seriously. Otherwise last January's sales look even more idiotic than we all know they were.

I'm sure he won't mind looking an idiot though, it's never stopped him from doing anything in the past.

What's the point, you're being contrary and pointedly controversial. Tour stand point isn't "Ashley has been good for this club" it's that you feel we should take solace from some of the things that have gone right. However that's not half as

much fun as appointing yourself chief cheer leader and declaring all who hold (reasonable) grievances with his stewardship, are pessmista and/or wrong.

A typical weak response.

There is nothing controversial in saying that a repentant and 60th richest man in the uk might be our best chance of getting back to glory days. It is a serious argument because those facts are true.

A serious counter argument would be to make a case for the NUSC lot or Barry Moat etc

But simply to keep looking back to Keegan and the last two years does nothing for the discussion on what happens next.

What's the point, you're being contrary and pointedly controversial. Tour stand point isn't "Ashley has been good for this club" it's that you feel we should take solace from some of the things that have gone right. However that's not half as

A typical weak response.

There is nothing controversial in saying that a repentant and 60th richest man in the uk might be our best chance of getting back to glory days. It is a serious argument because those facts are true.

A serious counter argument would be to make a case for the NUSC lot or Barry Moat etc

But simply to keep looking back to Keegan and the last two years does nothing for the discussion on what happens next.

what happens next is the Fatman does the bare minimum to protect his investment, and sells to the first person who'll give him a good price.

Unrealistic?

A typical weak response.

Fuck me. And to think that I have been called tedious for - correctly - pointing out how good a board the last owners were and how good a job they did.

He apologised for releagation last year. He's not apologised for any of those things that all happened since. I've already asked about how he's stabalised the club but i never saw an answer.

If he spends £25m then it'll blow your argument out of the water. His claims of making the tough choices to have stabalised the club and the importance of doing so will be exposed as lies. He has to stick to his austerity approach if he's to be taken seriously. Otherwise last January's sales look even more idiotic than we all know they were.

I'm sure he won't mind looking an idiot though, it's never stopped him from doing anything in the past.

So rather than your usual compendium track record, why dont you list some things he could realistically do that would convince you he was now trying to take the club forward.

(And Im talking future football related actions before you start saying.....Apologise for this, apologise for that.....)

Thats simple enough surely

You are getting tedious, and obviously a WUM..

Your credibility will dive if you keep up spouting this shite

And Leazes would know about that :icon_lol:

I am one of the few people who correctly called Ashley, and got the Halls and Shepherd into the correct perspective.

Its quite refreshing that you have admitted elsewhere you got them wrong, and yet still say that I am spouting rubbish.

You should admit that I was right, and bow down to someone who had superior judgement :icon_lol:

Shit Im going to bite........

Pop the link in where you correctly called Ashley.

I will look tomorrow.

Your defence of Ashley is admirable, but naive and misguided I'm afraid. We will never qualify for the Champs League like we did, under his ownership, like we did under the previous regime, while he has a hole in his arse.

He has taken us back over 20 years in fact, and people like you have completely accepted the lower standards and expectations that he has inflicted on the club and its support.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/...,68021.676.html

" In each case there came a point where the evidence was overwhelming that my optimism was unfounded. "

Why you quoting me at CT?

Was in a hurry.

It is aimed at you though.

Most of my comments about Ashley when he first took over are on NO. I'm not sure if it will be easy to search for them as I can't log in as NE5 anymore, still I'll have a go and look.

A typical weak response.

what happens next is the Fatman does the bare minimum to protect his investment, and sells to the first person who'll give him a good price.

Unrealistic?

Of course thats a possible outcome made more possible by the ongoing weekly abuse......BUT the question was how he could be our best way back to the top 4.

NUSC aint going to get us there, neither is Barry Moat.

A typical weak response.

CT I'm not playing this game. Suffice to say, Ashley's arrogance and incompotence took us down. The staggering gap in quality is taking us up. All Ashley hadone thi year is shut up and stay out of the way. Which, if he'd done it in the 1st place, would have a) kept us up 2) brought a decent return on his invesent and iii) not permanently alienated himself from the mist important people, the paying public.

You can point at the thing you accredit him with but the inescapable truth is that the crimes he's committed far outweigh any good you feel he's done.

I wish I hadn't even typed that ecause it's obvious you're after reaction, not debate. Never mind, it was either this, or work.

So rather than your usual compendium track record, why dont you list some things he could realistically do that would convince you he was now trying to take the club forward.

(And Im talking future football related actions before you start saying.....Apologise for this, apologise for that.....)

Thats simple enough surely

I've never asked for or wanted an apology. you seem to think that's huge. it's just words as far as i'm concerned.

I've started threads on this.

Sack Llambias.

One thing.

Simple as that.

He cannot possibly claim to have learned his lesson while still carting Llambias out to defend what's gone on. If he got rid. I'd think he might understand at last.

To get me singing his praises, he could cancel the loan. He claims he was was happy to write this off anyway if anyone would buy, so why's it still an albatross around our neck? Converting the debt into equity would show me he's commited. Of course it's not a problem to have it outstanding while he's not charging interest....at the moment it's more of a signpost that he's keeping his options well and truly open in hope of clawing it back.

A typical weak response.

Unrealistic?

Of course thats a possible outcome made more possible by the ongoing weekly abuse......BUT the question was how he could be our best way back to the top 4.

If you really believe that, you want your head looking at.

As for him being our best way back to the top 4????????

WhenPigsFly.jpg

A typical weak response.

CT I'm not playing this game. Suffice to say, Ashley's arrogance and incompotence took us down. The staggering gap in quality is taking us up. All Ashley hadone thi year is shut up and stay out of the way. Which, if he'd done it in the 1st place, would have a) kept us up 2) brought a decent return on his invesent and iii) not permanently alienated himself from the mist important people, the paying public.

You can point at the thing you accredit him with but the inescapable truth is that the crimes he's committed far outweigh any good you feel he's done.

I wish I hadn't even typed that ecause it's obvious you're after reaction, not debate. Never mind, it was either this, or work.

:icon_lol:

.BUT the question was how he could be our best way back to the top 4.

And what has Ashley done to give you the slightest idea top 4 is anywhere on his "to do" list?

.BUT the question was how he could be our best way back to the top 4.

And what has Ashley done to give you the slightest idea top 4 is anywhere on his "to do" list?

The top 4 wasn't on his to do list BEFORE we got relegated so god knows why it would be now.

Just reading a few of the posts on that page Leazes posted.....Mr Pessimistic Face <_<

A typical weak response.

Unrealistic?

WhenPigsFly.jpg

Nice picture but still no counter route back to the top 4

(btw, it would be so funny the next time your doing Llambias windows if you looked in and saw him at his pc with Toontastic on the screen. :icon_lol: )

Just reading a few of the posts on that page Leazes posted.....Mr Pessimistic Face <_<

A typical weak response.

Unrealistic?

WhenPigsFly.jpg

Nice picture but still no counter route back to the top 4

(btw, it would be so funny the next time your doing Llambias windows if you looked in and saw him at his pc with Toontastic on the screen. :icon_lol: )

Wouldn't surprise me in the least- he clearly does fuck all else but wait for the latest press statement from Mikey boy.

Ohh... and make cunning plans of how to get back in the top 4 with a Championship squad full of loanees.

You are getting tedious, and obviously a WUM..

Your credibility will dive if you keep up spouting this shite

And Leazes would know about that :icon_lol:

I am one of the few people who correctly called Ashley, and got the Halls and Shepherd into the correct perspective.

Its quite refreshing that you have admitted elsewhere you got them wrong, and yet still say that I am spouting rubbish.

You should admit that I was right, and bow down to someone who had superior judgement :icon_lol:

Shit Im going to bite........

Pop the link in where you correctly called Ashley.

few interesting threads here.........

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/....html#msg940548

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/....html#msg986349

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/...html#msg1050549

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/...html#msg1104348

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/...html#msg1142833

Edited by LeazesMag