Lionel Messi

LeazesMag

Good write up here.

Messi for me, anyway.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...aldo/index.html

I don't take anything about America seriously, let alone some "Buck Buzzslinger" type journalist writing about the sport. Messi never showboats does he? Ronaldo every time for me, more versatile, more valuable to the team. It is the popularist view to say Messi is the better player though, I concede that.

In a poor side CR would be more important. Messi needs a team around him.

Didnt help Portugal didnt it?

Nor did the tactics. :nah:

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Good write up here.

Messi for me, anyway.

I don't take anything about America seriously, let alone some "Buck Buzzslinger" type journalist writing about the sport. Messi never showboats does he? Ronaldo every time for me, more versatile, more valuable to the team. It is the popularist view to say Messi is the better player though, I concede that.

Didnt help Portugal didnt it?

Can count on one hand how many really good games Messi has had to Argentina.

Canofbeans I don't know where you get this incredibly frustrating thing about Ronaldo from? He's not that greedy, and when he is, he's so successful you can forgive him when it doesn't come off.

31 goals in 34 Premiership games not even playing as a forward will never be beaten in my view. That's what he got in 2008.

Good write up here.

Messi for me, anyway.

Thats a bit like Xavi for me. If you put him in Blackburns midfield I bet he'd look pretty average.

Yeah.

I'm one of these miserable fuckers who is always slagging the media for overhyping footballers, so I'm not one of these people who goes over the top on how good a player. Messi however is the one exception. The kid (he is still only 23) is something special. He has it all for me, compouned by the fact that for someone so naturally technically gifted he's also unselfish and a team player. His attitude is also spot on. I'm not saying he's perfect, he can dive like the best of them, but he's always positive and trying to play rather than win free kicks. What I like best about him though is that he keeps it simple. Superb footballer, never get bored of watching him play.

Messi has played 14 games to Ronaldo's 16 in La Liga thus far.

December 20, 2010

Player Team Goals

1 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 17

Lionel Messi Barcelona 17

Player Team Assists

1 Lionel Messi Barcelona 12

6 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 5

Messi is clearly better than Ronaldo on all fronts now. The stats show it, and watching him on the pitch should be all the evidence you need. Look at Ronaldo's performances in games vs Barca: he's never delivered. That includes when he was playing for Manure, Messi scored in the final to defeat the perma-tanned hairless cunt and his horrible team mates. Having a high goal tally playing for a very strong Manure side in a weak Prem for a season doesn't make Ronaldo a better player than Messi, especially when all evidence points to Messi being superior. There's a reason that the popular view is of Messi being superior, and it's because it's bloody obvious.

I usually think Stevie is spot on but in this case he's all wrong imo. I don't get these statements, 'Put Xavi in Blackburn's midfield and he'd look shit' :nah: Maybe he would - we're never going to know for sure - but then again who wouldn't? Blackburn wouldn't be pushing for a top 4 spot if you put Ronaldo in there.

FWIW I still think CR is better.

Aye, robert scored one of those though. Messi's recent record is something ridiculous like 73 goals in 75 games. For a bloke who isn't even a proper striker!

I would say something like this beats a 50yard punt hands down

50 yard punt :nah: are you all there. Messi is a playstation player, he gets the ball beats 5 men and scores, 90% of the time moving to his left but his feet are so quick you can't stop him. Ronaldo can do all of that, but he's stronger got a much better shot, has more tricks (in my view), is infinitely better in the air, and has a goalscoring record easily comparable to Messi's. He is more important to Real than Messi is to Barca.

You say Ronaldo can do all of that, I've yet to see him score a goal like that. Infact he rarely scores the type of goals where he beats 3 or 4 men, like Messi does. The only other player who I've seen in my lifetime who does that better than Messi is the Brasilian Ronaldo.

He is more important to Madrid than Messi is for Barca, but that's more to do with the teams they play in, rather than him being a better player than Messi. If Ronaldo played for Barca, the team wouldn't function as good as it does with Messi in it, as he isn't as team oriantated as Messi, and he doesn't graft for the team like Messi does.

You're right though, he does have more tricks than Messi. That doesn't make him a better player though.

Messi has played 14 games to Ronaldo's 16 in La Liga thus far.

December 20, 2010

Player Team Goals

1 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 17

Lionel Messi Barcelona 17

Player Team Assists

1 Lionel Messi Barcelona 12

6 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 5

Messi is clearly better than Ronaldo on all fronts now. The stats show it, and watching him on the pitch should be all the evidence you need. Look at Ronaldo's performances in games vs Barca: he's never delivered. That includes when he was playing for Manure, Messi scored in the final to defeat the perma-tanned hairless cunt and his horrible team mates. Having a high goal tally playing for a very strong Manure side in a weak Prem for a season doesn't make Ronaldo a better player than Messi, especially when all evidence points to Messi being superior. There's a reason that the popular view is of Messi being superior, and it's because it's bloody obvious.

I usually think Stevie is spot on but in this case he's all wrong imo. I don't get these statements, 'Put Xavi in Blackburn's midfield and he'd look shit' :nah: Maybe he would - we're never going to know for sure - but then again who wouldn't? Blackburn wouldn't be pushing for a top 4 spot if you put Ronaldo in there.

:lol:

I'm one of these miserable fuckers who is always slagging the media for overhyping footballers, so I'm not one of these people who goes over the top on how good a player. Messi however is the one exception. The kid (he is still only 23) is something special. He has it all for me, compouned by the fact that for someone so naturally technically gifted he's also unselfish and a team player. His attitude is also spot on. I'm not saying he's perfect, he can dive like the best of them, but he's always positive and trying to play rather than win free kicks. What I like best about him though is that he keeps it simple. Superb footballer, never get bored of watching him play.

absolutely. Couldn't agree more. better passer, better dribbler, better tactical dribbler, more effective in the box. can beat 3/4 players with ease. not a show pony, wasteful with the football permatanned cunt. if you know what i mean.

they are the 2 best players in world football, but there are leagues between them. literally.

absolutely. Couldn't agree more. better passer, better dribbler, better tactical dribbler, more effective in the box. can beat 3/4 players with ease. not a show pony, wasteful with the football permatanned cunt. if you know what i mean.

they are the 2 best players in world football, but there are leagues between them. literally.

But not literally. As they're in the same league. :nah:

maybe. his mobility ( same with david villa) would cause defences more problems. barca's team last year did well in spite of ibra. they missed eto'o last year and replaced him with an almost like for like (in villa). the 3 forwards of barca must cause havoc as they are all very quick and skilful.

Good write up here.

Messi for me, anyway.

How would CR be more important in a poor side? He'd get frustrated, especially as he's quite selfish and doesn't graft for the team.

Good write up here.

Messi for me, anyway.

How would CR be more important in a poor side? He'd get frustrated, especially as he's quite selfish and doesn't graft for the team.

Eyecandy?

Thought Messi was absolutely shit in the big games for Arg, especially against Germany. NOt all that cop without all his little tiny imp like buddies buzzing around him and the other side standing off for 88min. CR was crap cause Queerarse played 451 and he had was islolated all match.

Edited by Park Life

Thought Messi was absolutely shit in the big games for Arg, especially against Germany. NOt all that cop without all his little tiny imp like buddies buzzing around him and the other side standing off for 88min. CR was crap cause Queerarse played 451 and he had was islolated all match.

Would that be the same Quaresma that wasn't even selected in the World Cup squad? :nah: