Lionel Messi

LeazesMag

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Lionel Messi is currently streets ahead of any other players.

Lets get one thing straight, C.Ronaldo isn't on the same level as him. He isn't even on the level below him.

No less ridiculous than your other 1455 posts.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Messi was absolutely shit in the big games for Arg, especially against Germany. NOt all that cop without all his little tiny imp like buddies buzzing around him and the other side standing off for 88min. CR was crap cause Queerarse played 451 and he had was islolated all match.

Would that be the same Quaresma that wasn't even selected in the World Cup squad? :lol:

Think manager and then think Portugal YES! [/GordonRamsay] :nah:

Thought Messi was absolutely shit in the big games for Arg, especially against Germany. NOt all that cop without all his little tiny imp like buddies buzzing around him and the other side standing off for 88min. CR was crap cause Queerarse played 451 and he had was islolated all match.

Would that be the same Quaresma that wasn't even selected in the World Cup squad? :angry2:

Ah. :lol:

Would that be the same Quaresma that wasn't even selected in the World Cup squad? :angry2:

Ah. :lol:

Only pissing with you mate, Messi is the best player in the world by a mile for all the things in his locker. Bit miffed with him since I lost all that money in the Germany game. :):(

Lionel Messi is currently streets ahead of any other players.

Lets get one thing straight, C.Ronaldo isn't on the same level as him. He isn't even on the level below him.

No less ridiculous than your other 1455 posts.

I bet you were all over them like a tramp on chips. :nah:

hmmmn. i don't know. how many european cups/ champions leagues did maradona win. but then again how many world cups did messi win...

I am still in awe how Maradona lead Neapel to win the Waffa-Cup in 1989. I'll always remember watching him in the semi final against Bayern and then in the final against Stuttgart tbh

hmmmn. i don't know. how many european cups/ champions leagues did maradona win. but then again how many world cups did messi win...

I am still in awe how Maradona lead Neapel to win the Waffa-Cup in 1989. I'll always remember watching him in the semi final against Bayern and then in the final against Stuttgart tbh

Not bad for a gypsy foundling. :D

Ronaldo has 25 in 24 games this season for RM.

Messi has the all-time highest goal tally over a year in a top european league.

580 in 53 over 2010 or something.

Better than 10 goals a match on average. Impressive.

Ronaldo has 25 in 24 games this season for RM.

Messi has the all-time highest goal tally over a year in a top european league.

580 in 53 over 2010 or something.

Better than 10 goals a match on average. Impressive.

;)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm one of these miserable fuckers who is always slagging the media for overhyping footballers, so I'm not one of these people who goes over the top on how good a player. Messi however is the one exception. The kid (he is still only 23) is something special. He has it all for me, compouned by the fact that for someone so naturally technically gifted he's also unselfish and a team player. His attitude is also spot on. I'm not saying he's perfect, he can dive like the best of them, but he's always positive and trying to play rather than win free kicks. What I like best about him though is that he keeps it simple. Superb footballer, never get bored of watching him play.

:icon_lol: Class.

Some of that footage reminds me of that goal Ronaldo scored against Compostela, he got kicked and pulled all over, yet still ran half the length of the field to score.

• 3 months later...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/ap...istiano-ronaldo

Barça's Lionel Messi is a great but Ronaldo is lacking, says Johan Cruyff

Barcelona's Lionel Messi is on his way to becoming one of football's all-time great players, according to Johan Cruyff. But in remarks that are likely to increase the temperature before Saturday's La Liga meeting between the teams, the Dutchman added that Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo might not be quite so good.

Messi has scored 48 goals in all competitions this season. No Spanish league player has ever scored 50 in a season.

"Yes, he's on his way," Cruyff said, when asked how close Messi is to greatness. "He's just played now four years or something like that and the others have played at least 14 years, so he's got 10 more years to go with same quality and, hopefully, the same success."

The Argentinian, 23, has scored 95 goals in his last 99 games, helping Barcelona to win eight trophies in the past two seasons, in both of which he has been named world player of the year. Ronaldo had a trophyless first season with Real Madrid in 2010, after six successful seasons at Manchester United. Barcelona, who lead their rivals by eight points in La Liga with seven games to play, will also face Real in the Copa del Rey final on Wednesday and the teams will then meet over two legs in the Champions League semi-finals. The winner will face Manchester United or the German club Schalke in the final, at Wembley on 28 May.

Cruyff, a former Barcelona player and coach, said that Messi is worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as Pele, Diego Maradona and Alfredo Di Stefano. But he is not convinced about Ronaldo.

"A little more difficult, I think," Cruyff said about the Portuguese forward who was the 2008 world player of the year. "All the people mentioned were players from the street and Ronaldo is more of a physical player, while in the others mentioned are not physical players [but] pure technical players – pure technique."

According to El Pais newspaper, Ronaldo has taken his personal rivalry with Messi to such lengths that he is nicknamed "The Anxious One" in the Real changing room. The Portuguese forward, who has scored 39 goals in 47 games this season, has yet to register in six games against Barcelona, in which Real have recorded one win. Furthermore, Barcelona have won a record five games in a row against Real, including a 5-0 rout at Camp Nou in November.

The England manager, Fabio Capello, also appeared to pick Messi over Ronaldo when asked which of the two he would select if he could. "Ronaldo knows English and [Messi] knows football," he said.

Cruyff also compared Messi to the most revered Argentinian player of all time, Maradona.

"[Messi's] got qualities similar to Maradona, who was a player, too, who did a lot of individual stuff. People will connect a good player with the results they achieved in their career and Maradona of course won the world championship and that's what Messi didn't win and it will be [decided on] something like that. But for me, today, Messi is a great player."

This season's stats between the two -

CR7, 28 games 28 goals, 8 assists, 218 shots.

Messi, 28 games, 29 goals, 17 assists, 135 shots.

They asked Adabeyor after the game the other night who he thought was best between Ronaldo and Messi. Of course he said his team mate, bit of a daft question, what did they expect him to say. At least I think he said that, can anybody understand a word he says ? He's harder to understand than a drunken Glaswegian *

Ronaldo is a great player, but Messi is the best.

Thats not to say Ronaldo's team might come out on top in the semi final though, which could go either way.

* Just so none of the wobbly upper lip types can accuse me of a hidden racism for saying that

Edited by LeazesMag

Take a bow son.

Pele, Johan Cryuff, Maradona, George Best, Gazza (should have been).....all the best players in the world, sublime, brilliant, in their heyday.

Maradona won the 1986 World Cup single handed [no pun intended].

Messi tonight ? Undescribable. Taken his place among those above. World number 1. No question.

afraid there has been one match and thats Pedro spread over his scouse and geordie days