Grand National

Welsh Magpie

Guest Barrack Road

I reckon the first time I must've had a go was about 1988, when I was 9, since then I've won once had a load of seconds mind. Durham Edition I backed three times, and I'm sure it was second three times. I won in 2008 on Comply or Die, was at the match when I found out, I honestly thought I'd die without having a winner in the national so that was good, shit price though 6/1 or something.

Anyway most of these horses have only run over 3 and a half mile once or twice in their careers, if you have a look at the form properly many of them have been running in 2m 6f races this year. The one I like which looks like its' come in to form is The Package. It's been 1st and 2nd over 3m2f and both times it's been staying on so when it gets to the Canal Turn with six fences to go it might have something left in the tank, and the majority of them will be fucked at the point. The other one I'll back each way is Vic Venturi 25/1, again it's ran decent races over long distances, it's won three of its' last five races over fair distances, not in the company of these today, but it's a decent each way bet. The favourite shouldn't be favourite in my view. It's a very open national, if you look at the betting only one horse under 12/1, which suggests even the bookies don't have a clue. Sima is right to a point its a lottery but that's what am backing.

On a separate note, Talksport yesterday, some total fucking mug, "no one else has the people of Liverpool with their humour, their character, their honesty, their good fun all other cities are INCOMPARABLE, and that's why the National is such a success". Never seen or heard a bigger load of bollocks spoken in my life. 1) When I went in 1995 there was hardly no dippers there 2) Total bollocks.

backed

£10 to win @ 20-1 Don't push it :lol::)

had £2 to win on 3 other ones like my will etc at big odds for the craic

Well done my son!!!

I had Hello Bud on at Bet365 so won £22. B)

I had £2 on Hello Bud...good fuckin run until last fence!

Chisms dont pay out 5th place.... :angry: fuckin wankers.

I also had the toon 3-1....not a good day for me! Get nowt for nearly! :)

Guest Barrack Road
luckyday.jpg

:)

I don't want to sound patronising but I can't tell you how class I think its that a young lass has stuck a bet on Rushden and Diamonds B):lol:

Well done on your national win, and you Ant.

Cheers. :)

Who's the woman in your picture, and is that Gary Speed scoring at Blackburn?

Laura Aikman (Dr May Phelps on Casualty) and I don't honestly know, my brain wasn't made for footballing facts.. I just love his pose. :lol:

• 1 year later...

National the morra. Nothing stands out form wise, the one I was told to back pulled out two weeks ago, so I've went for the third favourite for no other reason than it's form dictates it's got a chance and I love the name. West End Rocker 10/1 no regrets.

David Price is on SSN talking about it now. Probably the most horrific scouse accent I have ever heard. Which is quite some achievement in itself.

Backed West End Rocker the other week at 20/1 then got it in a sweepstake the other day too so backed him again at 12/1

Burton Port to at 18/1 and Always Right both each way at 40/1 the other week as well.

No chance that Synchronised'll win it, but Ballabriggs or Shakalakaboomboom might.

Had 20/1 treble today with Darlan, Sinviniaco Conti and Finians Rainbow, who all won comfortably :)

Got West End Rocker picked for me at work :mellow:

Same. Not the faintest clue about horse racing. This is the one with the jumps isn't it?

40 horses just under 4 and a half miles with 30 fences.

West End Rocker is a good one to have got :)