Open top bus parade

Dr Gloom

i had this conversation with my southern mates at the weekend insisting that there shouldn't be one. i was mocked for being the typical newcastle fan, never happy with what we've got, always moaning and unable to enjoy some success when it finally comes our way.

i argued a bus parade would be wrong because this isn't a major achievement, more a case of righting a wrong. last time we were promoted we came from nothing and deserved the parade. this time we never should have gone down in the first place - the only rason we did was because of poor decisions by ashley.

they argued that the players and manager, if not the owner, deserve a parade this time.

what do you lot reckon? in reality, i'm sure thousands would turn out if there was one

Guest Barrack Road
i had this conversation with my southern mates at the weekend insisting that there shouldn't be one. i was mocked for being the typical newcastle fan, never happy with what we've got, always moaning and unable to enjoy some success when it finally comes our way.

i argued a bus parade would be wrong because this isn't a major achievement, more a case of righting a wrong. last time we were promoted we came from nothing and deserved the parade. this time we never should have gone down in the first place - the only rason we did was because of poor decisions by ashley.

they argued that the players and manager, if not the owner, deserve a parade this time.

what do you lot reckon? in reality, i'm sure thousands would turn out if there was one

They've already said they're not. I posted about this two month ago saying what a disgrace it would be Ashley with the trophy in his hand as the bus trundles past the Gossy Hotel can of Kronenburg in his hand. It would be like Man Utd celebrating beating Burnley in my view.

Edited by Barrack Road

No doubt there'd be thousands, especially if the kids are off school.

But no, absolutely no need for one. It would be a reason to celebrate but an open top bus parade would be taking the piss.

It'll be cringe-tastic if it happens. I sort of agree with you Berb as well though. And by 'etc.' I take it you all the fucking mongs :lol:

Guest Barrack Road

Was different in 1993, because we came from no where, absolutely no where, 24th in Division Two February 1992, to run away Champions 15 months later playing football no one of my age had ever seen. Old Stevie Charlton was like a pig in shite on that balcony.

I can't think of a more amazing transformation if you take it further, relegation to division three certainties to the third best team in the country in 27 months.

Edited by Barrack Road

The last game of the season is a sell out, 52k cheering every touch and a lap of honour (with a good percentage of the crowd staying) is plenty recognition of the creditable achievement of CH and the players.

Corporate seats/boxes too?

The last game of the season is a sell out, 52k cheering every touch and a lap of honour (with a good percentage of the crowd staying) is plenty recognition of the creditable achievement of CH and the players.

Corporate seats/boxes too?

Not sure, just going off .cock.

Absolutely not - we've nothing to celebrate.

A wrong has been righted - I'd rather the money was spent on strengthening the team tbh.

EDIT: The argument to those who Dan's referring to in his opening post should be that we were happy to celebrate the same achievement 17 years ago because we have actually achieved something. Incidentally, who do they support Dan?

A lap of honour seems appropriate we'll save the open top bus parade for when we win a major trophy.

It might be some kind of hover bus by then like.

We should have had an open top bus parade when we won the Intertoto cup tbh. :lol:

That reminds me of Scott Parker's unconfined joy when being presented with the 'trophy'.

toto_plaque2_348x470.jpg

Is enough.

Absolutely not - we've nothing to celebrate.

A wrong has been righted - I'd rather the money was spent on strengthening the team tbh.

EDIT: The argument to those who Dan's referring to in his opening post should be that we were happy to celebrate the same achievement 17 years ago because we have actually achieved something. Incidentally, who do they support Dan?

the one that was giving me the hardest time about it is a liverpool fan. guess where he comes from?.....stroud in the west country. typical glory supporting kid of the 80s.

the other two are palace and west ham