Reading 1-2 Newcastle FT

Barney

What an absolute shiteheap of a league :lol:

So not to have won it would of been embarrassing right?

I really expected more from Reading tbh.

Not complaining though.

Probably (or at least not getting promoted). For a more definitive answer though you'd have to ask a Boro fan :nufc:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The notion that we shouldn't be happy about promotion seems to me to stem from a will to overcompensate for dickheads like Mick Dennis who write articles that slate us collectively for stuff we haven't even done.

He lumps in "celebrating promotion" with "making worrying noises on phone-ins. Nonsense about bringing back 'King Kev' Keegan or Alan Shearer as manager" and "tosh about Hughton not being the man to take the club to "the next level" before lying that "Toon fans believe all Geordies are special." and ending by wondering "whether the Geordie Nation can handle that truth."

Some people seem to take this dross seriously and refuse to crack a smile over what has been a hugely succesful campaign. Ignore the cock man. No matter how much joy you drain out of the game for yourself, no matter how much you keep your shoes on, stay sober, sit on your hands only occasionally applauding a goal and seriously discuss the managers decision to go 4-3-3 as if that's the fun part of being at the match you'll never placate arsehole's like him or stop him making up shite.

No-one with an ounce of common is advocating a bus top parade or owt. But if you aren't celebrating promotion as champions by a decisive margin then I don't know why you bother with football.

Totally agree and I've enjoyed this season tbh.

NUFC celebrating a return to the premier league is embarrassing

Not really.

Would you find it more embarrassing regularly being in Europe, one of the top 5 teams in the country and having world class players scoring goals for fun?

Not really.

Would you find it more embarrassing regularly being in Europe, one of the top 5 teams in the country and having world class players scoring goals for fun?

I wouldn't find that embarrasing at all.

Don't get what you mean though.

Sounds like you're suggesting no-one should be pleased about beating cancer if they can't run a marathon.

The notion that we shouldn't be happy about promotion seems to me to stem from a will to overcompensate for dickheads like Mick Dennis who write articles that slate us collectively for stuff we haven't even done.

He lumps in "celebrating promotion" with "making worrying noises on phone-ins. Nonsense about bringing back 'King Kev' Keegan or Alan Shearer as manager" and "tosh about Hughton not being the man to take the club to "the next level" before lying that "Toon fans believe all Geordies are special." and ending by wondering "whether the Geordie Nation can handle that truth."

Some people seem to take this dross seriously and refuse to crack a smile over what has been a hugely succesful campaign. Ignore the cock man. No matter how much joy you drain out of the game for yourself, no matter how much you keep your shoes on, stay sober, sit on your hands only occasionally applauding a goal and seriously discuss the managers decision to go 4-3-3 as if that's the fun part of being at the match you'll never placate arsehole's like him or stop him making up shite.

No-one with an ounce of common is advocating a bus top parade or owt. But if you aren't celebrating promotion as champions by a decisive margin then I don't know why you bother with football.

:lol: Some cracking posts on this forum today

I actually thought Reading played some good football in the first half and didn't deserve to go in 2-nil down.

Professional second half display from us and we looked dangerous on the counter.

The reception for CH at the end said everything you need to know about Newcastle fans "pining for King Kev's return"

I'll join the love fest and say, yeah ... good post Happy! :lol:

I knew i should of put a bet on!

Got the scorers wrong like :nufc:

Anyway...great 3pts...MASSIVE 3pts....WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!

Now to confirm it at home against Ipswich, seal 1st unbeaten all season home record in 100 years and then break the 100pt mark!

And add a bit of silverwear to the trophy cabinet!!

:nufc: :nufc: :o

I understand your enthusiasm, but dont say this outside of here. NUFC celebrating a return to the premier league is embarrassing

I think its safe to say that every reply to this so far has been accompanied by a great big :D

:lol:

:D it rumbles on

Not really.

I wouldn't find that embarrasing at all.

Don't get what you mean though.

Sounds like you're suggesting no-one should be pleased about beating cancer if they can't run a marathon.

:lol:

Few thoughts on the match;

- To reiterate, Shola was abysmal. Slow, lethargic, petulant (lucky to get away with just a warning for kicking a defender's legs away in an off the ball incident). Fans weren't happy with him, as normal. He couldn't disguise his dreadful performance with a goal last night unfortunately.

- The referee was a joke. Lost count of the number of times he ignored blatant fouls. Can't wait for the better standard of officiating we should encounter next season.

- Reading weren't great, they were much more in the game after their jammy goal. Disappointed in them to be honest. Their fans didn't sing much, didn't have much to sing about. About the only 'original' tune they had was one about having 106 points. Been to the Madejski before and it's always a bit of a mission getting in and out of it. Won't be too critical of Reading as I like the club in general.

- Our fans were decent, plenty loud where I was standing. Good bit of banter.

- Harper had a reasonable game, except for one incident were he almost inexplicably fisted the ball up into the air. He probably could have caught it (as he managed to when it returned to earth), or at the very least punched it away from the box.

- Williamson was simply solid, as ever. Coloccini didn't do much wrong before he went off, but on at least 3 occasions he started playing with the ball instead of just getting rid. Can get away with it in this league, we'll be severely punished if he continues it in the PL, as evidenced last season.

- Simpson, Guthrie, Routledge, Gutierrez, Enrique all had pretty average games. Taylor was a bit sloppy. Smith didn't really do a lot, gave the ball away a few times. Barton didn't do much when he came on either, nor did Carroll when he came on although by that point we weren't pushing for goals as much. Nolan had a good game and I would have been delighted for him had his header gone in instead of hitting the post. At least he could smile about it afterwards.

- The team as a whole were pretty hit and miss, but we deserved the win.

Edited by Tecato

Nolan getting the goals will be good for keeping Carroll (and to a lesser extent Lovenkrands) keen right to the end of the season.