Newcastle United's Player Of The Season - 2010.

Kevin

Player of the season  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolan also had a spell when he was fucking horrendous and did nowt for five or six games and even lost his place. Ricky's barely put a foot wrong all season let alone had a run of bad games.

Spot on. Nolan has been bloody important that's for sure but this season, particularly the early part, was built on good defense.

Gotta be Enrique, leagues best player and a player who I had thought would ether not have the stomach for this league and fuck off in the summer, or who would hide in games.

by contrast he's been an absolute titan at the back and his link up with Jonas has been one of the major factos behind our ability to scrape out wins in awkward stadiums

Gotta be Enrique, leagues best player and a player who I had thought would ether not have the stomach for this league and fuck off in the summer, or who would hide in games.

by contrast he's been an absolute titan at the back and his link up with Jonas has been one of the major factos behind our ability to scrape out wins in awkward stadiums

Enrique has been strong at the back, on the left......And we all love the way he uses his strength to shield the ball and walk it out of the corner, but to say his link up play with Jonas is the major factor where we've scraped wins is wrong imo.

Im not and never will be a Jonas fan, I dont have the facts and figures in front of me but I dont recall there link up play leading to lots of goals. I think Jonas should have been ripping this league apart but unfortunately it is all too often the hard things he does well and the easy things he gets so wrong. If anything I think Jonas's confusing play has quite often limited their link up play.

But Nolan ffs, Hatfuls of goals and assists, leading from the front, overhead kicks and playing with a poorly tummy.....Cmon lads. ;)

Enrique is a great player and without doubt the best at Newcastle, but Nolan is the player of the season and has certainly had a more direct effect on match results than Enrique.

Enrique has been strong at the back, on the left......And we all love the way he uses his strength to shield the ball and walk it out of the corner, but to say his link up play with Jonas is the major factor where we've scraped wins is wrong imo.

Im not and never will be a Jonas fan, I dont have the facts and figures in front of me but I dont recall there link up play leading to lots of goals. I think Jonas should have been ripping this league apart but unfortunately it is all too often the hard things he does well and the easy things he gets so wrong. If anything I think Jonas's confusing play has quite often limited their link up play.

But Nolan ffs, Hatfuls of goals and assists, leading from the front, overhead kicks and playing with a poorly tummy.....Cmon lads. ;)

Enrique is a great player and without doubt the best at Newcastle, but Nolan is the player of the season and has certainly had a more direct effect on match results than Enrique.

Nolan has been important in many a game however, there are more games where he's been pondersome and dull witted, he's been abject and he's be absent.

Enrique has been excellent consistently for the majority of the season. He's been MotM more times than I can remember and he's had more impact on games from left back than Nolan has from the games' engine room.

While you may be a Nolan fan (and that's fine) you msut see his contributions have been more sporadic than Jose's?

Nolan has been important in many a game however, there are more games where he's been pondersome and dull witted, he's been abject and he's be absent.

Enrique has been excellent consistently for the majority of the season. He's been MotM more times than I can remember and he's had more impact on games from left back than Nolan has from the games' engine room.

While you may be a Nolan fan (and that's fine) you msut see his contributions have been more sporadic than Jose's?

First of all Im a fan of both and in particular have long admired Jose, however this is about Player of the season and by far Nolan has contributed more than Enrique.

Enrique App 31 Goals 1

Nolan App 42 Goals 17

Only Steve Harper has appeared more than Nolan (43)

Nothing a "left back" can do can out shadow an ever present contribution and 17 goals. (I dont know where you find assists).

As with David Kelly, we may see little more of "Nobby" as his team mates call him, but I will remember him as fondly for his services this year.

Enrique App 31 Goals 1

Nolan App 42 Goals 17

Nothing a "left back" can do can out shadow an ever present contribution and 17 goals. (I dont know where you find assists).

As with David Kelly, we may see little more of "Nobby" as his team mates call him, but I will remember him as fondly for his services this year.

Love how you included the goals in that comparison. Nolan was a passenger in a long series of games through the middle of the season, Enrique has been consistently good. Even in many of the matches where he scored, Nolan neglected some of the core duties he should have been performing. Sounds as though I'm being overly negative of Nolan, but I'm not.

But no matter, by your reckoning if he hasn't scored loads of goals then he's not contributing to the team. Nevermind the 23 clean sheets that have been kept throughout the season. Nolan would be second best, I'd agree with that but it's typical of the press and the uneducated masses to discount the contribution of a player simply because of the position he plays in.

First of all Im a fan of both and in particular have long admired Jose, however this is about Player of the season and by far Nolan has contributed more than Enrique.

Enrique App 31 Goals 1

Nolan App 42 Goals 17

I will remember him fondly, but look at it this way.

As to your assertion that nothing a left back (and quite why you need to put that in speech marks as if it were in doubt, is beyond me) can out do Nolan's stats, you're a mug. Shay given won more points for us than any goal scoring midfielder and he didn't score once... were his contributions to be discarded in favour of praising Emre?

We're going up because of our stalwart defence, not for our sometimes misfiring front line. Colocinni, Taylor/Williamson, Simpson and Enrique were the roack upon which we could build. Without them Nolan's soporiphic displays would have brought ridicule, not goals. He's a knack for popping up at the right time and he should be commended. He's scored important goals, no doubt, but Enrique and his compadres at the back have secured far more points with their performances.

I think you've stuck your colours to his mast and that's fine, but know that you seem to be in the minority (again) and no matter how loud you shout you shan't convince anyone.

From the matches I've seen, I'd say Nolan, as he seems to have scored in most of them. I've not seen that many matches though.

;)

From the matches I've seen, I'd say Nolan, as he seems to have scored in most of them. I've not seen that many matches though.

;)

Not exactly professional standard punditry, eh. :icon_lol:

It is nearly five in the morning though. Why are you still up?

Here's a 50-picture rundown of the season.

http://www.skysports.com/gallery/detail/0,...00.html#photo=0

Looking at it, you realise how often we scored a win (or a point) in the dying moments of the game, mainly due to Nolan or Carroll. While I think Jose Enrique has been the classiest player for us, I think it's Nolan that made the most difference in terms of us getting the points on the board.

my point being without the defence we couldn't have scraped those 1-0 wins.

I dunno, I just fully believe that Jose Enrique's performances have been of a high standard all season and he's been a more valued player to us that Nolan.

my point being without the defence we couldn't have scraped those 1-0 wins.

I dunno, I just fully believe that Jose Enrique's performances have been of a high standard all season and he's been a more valued player to us that Nolan.

Call me Chips, cause I'm with The Fish.

Absolutely. Late Nolan/Carroll goals would have been for nil if our defense hadn't done their job and kept the amount of clean sheets they had.

But we are comparing Nolan to Enrique and you two are comparing Nolan to our defence!

Enrique is only 1 segment of the overall defence. I fully understand the solid defence point of view, but Enrique is only responsible for the "left back" bit of it. ( that's what the speechmarks were for).

I also agree with the given point but again his singular actions saved many points. I couldn't say that for Jose but I could for Nolan.

Finally trout, there's nothing wrong with been in the minority baaaaaaaaaa!

But we are comparing Nolan to Enrique and you two are comparing Nolan to our defence!

Enrique is only 1 segment of the overall defence. I fully understand the solid defence point of view, but Enrique is only responsible for the "left back" bit of it. ( that's what the speechmarks were for).

I also agree with the given point but again his singular actions saved many points. I couldn't say that for Jose but I could for Nolan.

Finally trout, there's nothing wrong with been in the minority baaaaaaaaaa!

Enrique has been our best player all season because he's consistently been the best left back, and defender in this league. he's got forward capably, defended very well and played his part in a number of goals. he's what would be seen as a premiership quality player (and on form throughout the season, he's actually the only player i could see in the top 10 of the premier league).

Nolans a limbo player for me. too good for the championship, but too slow for the premiership. bolton got rid of him because he wasn't good enough at that level to consistently be a low budget lampard ( i.e. goal scoring midfielder). in some games for us this year he's been excellent but he has plodded a fair bit as well.

My mistake, I forgot that with Nolan every one of his important goals he dispossed the opposition, knocked a through-ball through for himself, dinked in the perfect cross then headed it home whilst the rest of the team stood by watching in awe.

;)

My mistake, I forgot that with Nolan every one of his important goals he dispossed the opposition, knocked a through-ball through for himself, dinked in the perfect cross then headed it home whilst the rest of the team stood by watching in awe.

;)

I'm sure you know what I mean but if you don't c'est la vie.

It's just the way it is with Goalscorers and Goalkeepers.

It's just the way it is with Goalscorers and Goalkeepers when it comes to the naive and their appraisals.

FYP.

It's just the way it is with Goalscorers and Goalkeepers when it comes to the naive and their appraisals.

FYP.

and all the professional footballers in the league who voted him their player of the season ;)