On The Piss In London

David Kelly

A few of us are heading down for the match this weekend and are on the piss on Saturday and I want to avoid the fuck ups of previous visits where we've ended up wandering aimlessly or not got in places.

Anyone got any suggestions of where to go? I can't be fucked on with getting on guest lists and shite like that so I'd preferably like somewhere with a good amount of bars and clubs we won't have trouble getting in (we won't have toon tops on or shite like that so we should be capable of getting in anywhere you don't have to be a z list celeb). Apparently we're stopping somewhere around Chelsea.

Honestly it depends on what kind of bars you like?

Clapham has loads of pubs and bars, but they're packed on the weekends, and mainly with young studenty types. Camden is far more trendy.

Liverpool St has a fair few decent proper pubs.

Shoreditch/Hoxton/Old Street is a bit like the Tiger Tiger crowd mixed with trendy types.

If you want a crawl I'd say your best bet is Camden.

Fulham Broadway has a few bars apparently, but I've never been out down there.

If you're aiming to stay in a pub and maybe hit a late night bar or two, I'd recommend the Magpie and the Water Poet at Liverpool street then The Light Bar towards Shoreditch.

Clapham has loads of pubs and bars, but they're packed on the weekends, and mainly with young studenty types. Camden is far more trendy.

Shoreditch/Hoxton/Old Street is a bit like the Tiger Tiger crowd mixed with trendy types.

If you're aiming to stay in a pub and maybe hit a late night bar or two, I'd recommend the Magpie and the Water Poet at Liverpool street then The Light Bar towards Shoreditch.

Avoid going Knightsbridge for drinks / clubbing like the fucking plague.

Notting Hill isn't too bad, got some great pubs - Windsor Castle and The Churchill are both excellent - and is only a few stops from Fulham Broadway on the tube so you can get to the match easy.

Go to Camden, start off round Camden lock in Dingwalls or something try the Lock Tavern on chalk farm road, then head up Haverstock Hill to the Sir Richard Steeles (if it hasnt been shut down), then head left into Belsize park and go to the Washington. For after hours, head to the kebab shop at the top of Chalk Farm road, back room serves up stella till 4am.

Go to Camden, start off round Camden lock in Dingwalls or something try the Lock Tavern on chalk farm road, then head up Haverstock Hill to the Sir Richard Steeles (if it hasnt been shut down), then head left into Belsize park and go to the Washington. For after hours, head to the kebab shop at the top of Chalk Farm road, back room serves up stella till 4am.

Camden Crawl is on this weekend

plus you're a loser.

:razz:

Owt really tbh but my favourite places in the town at the minute are probably Popolo and Baby Lynch. I don't mind poncy places as I do find posing twats amusing but as I say I can't be arsed with anywhere where they want you to book up! Don't want to stop in the the same bar all night so Camden sounds like it might be the best bet.

Camden Crawl is on this weekend

plus you're a loser.

:razz:

3 of those places aren't in Camden.

The Washington is a great pub. Trying to find a new flat in walking distance.

Light Bar should be a great pub, but it isn't. Terrible layout and the flattest, most rancid pints around.

Old Street is wierd, some places are OK but at a weekend is full of skinny trendy, daft-haired cuntish types.

The cloying pretentiousness, uber-hipster vibe and associated inflated prices make me want to spill blood.

I appreciate other people may hold different views.

Edited by trophyshy

Avoid the West End (Picadilly/Leicester Square/Covent Garden) and you'll be fine.

The top end of Brick Lane is decent. Places like The Big Chill, Vibe Bar, 93 Feet East let anyone in and tend to have a good atmosphere and you are close to Shoreditch. Angel is also a good night out, loads of pubs round there and late places.

There are a lot of skinny jeans types buy they are pretty harmless and not lairy like your Picadilly Circus/Leicester nights out.

Have just seen that you are staying in Chelsea so Shoreditch/Angel are not too convenient. Fulham is ok (would recommend Aragon House on Parsons Green), lot's of bars but lot's of toffs also. If it's a nice day, kick things off in some of the pubs by the river near Hammersmith (The Black Lion and The Old Ship are nice).

I've always liked Islington - get off at Angel and just wander up the High St.

Had a night out in Ilsington before and from what I remember it was a really good night (I was fucked up beyond belief like so tbh anything could have been happening). This is probably the kind of thing we're after. From memory (and as I say I was cattled so it is hazy) there was a good number of bars that were all pretty decent and had a decent enough atmosphere.

A few people at work have said Clapham or Camden like.

Guest Barrack Road

I know Fulham Broadway very well, going back to when I was in my late teens. It is and always has been full of Lindsay Dawn McKenzie types/stuck up daddy is very rich cases. It hasn't changed.

Hammersmith by the river, is absolutely fuckin mint on a warm night feels like you're on holiday truly it does. Central London is all much of a muchness. Friday nights are all full of cunts in suits on the drink finishing work, Saturdays are better I think. I've got 3 weeks in the place coming up mid May, with no geordie company at all.

Guest Barrack Road
Avoid the West End (Picadilly/Leicester Square/Covent Garden) and you'll be fine.

The top end of Brick Lane is decent. Places like The Big Chill, Vibe Bar, 93 Feet East let anyone in and tend to have a good atmosphere and you are close to Shoreditch. Angel is also a good night out, loads of pubs round there and late places.

There are a lot of skinny jeans types buy they are pretty harmless and not lairy like your Picadilly Circus/Leicester nights out.

Have just seen that you are staying in Chelsea so Shoreditch/Angel are not too convenient. Fulham is ok (would recommend Aragon House on Parsons Green), lot's of bars but lot's of toffs also. If it's a nice day, kick things off in some of the pubs by the river near Hammersmith (The Black Lion and The Old Ship are nice).

There's only the white horse really, one of the best pubs in London though, I'd rather go there than FB, and its only one stop further on.

There's only the white horse really, one of the best pubs in London though, I'd rather go there than FB, and its only one stop further on.

White Horse? Sloaniest pub in landan! I didn't take you for a public school boy.

First time I went to London like a complete tourist ended up going out in Covent Garden... Got stung financially and it was full of tossers! Same with Leicester Square I think. I go to Brick Lane and Shoreditch now as I've got some mates who live in East London, is far better.

Anyone know anywhere in or around Shepherds Bush that might be up for some "early" action on Sunday morning?......we used to know a place in Tottenham that was open to that sort of thing just by Northumberland Park Station and duly arrived there last season at 11ish on the Sunday we played at WHL....only to find theyd knocked the fuckin thing down :razz:

Anyone know anywhere in or around Shepherds Bush that might be up for some "early" action on Sunday morning?......we used to know a place in Tottenham that was open to that sort of thing just by Northumberland Park Station and duly arrived there last season at 11ish on the Sunday we played at WHL....only to find theyd knocked the fuckin thing down :razz:

Go up the Shepherds leg and you're sorted.

I think there is a slug and lettuce around there. :D