What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I'll have something sharp enough and I've saved but I was happy where I was. Not sure if now is a good time to be looking.

The fact they are probably paying some bugger more elsewhere stings a bit.

Shit news just before Christmas mate.

Good opportunity to cast your eyes further afield though, you might be able to move to Canada. Y'know Canada? CANADA?

i figured :lol:

any change out of those truffles?

i got married there incidentally, love the place.

Did you really? Very nice.

Mine and the wife's favourite place. Love eating in the Library restaurant. Dying to go when the snows down as well.

Did you get married in the grand hall ?

Posted Image

Canada it is. :icon_lol:

Interestingly enough on the MicroBrewery side the lad who I was going to be working with did the course I was going to get on. He's off to Russia to work for a bit then cracking on with it. I'd be doing design & marketing at first.

Eventually I'd graduate to making beer too. The idea initially was I'd do the course & create a manual - he's done that.

So it's longterm stuff

Shit news just before Christmas mate.

Good opportunity to cast your eyes further afield though, you might be able to move to Canada. Y'know Canada? CANADA?

:dunno:

Bad shit, Tom. Hope something comes up as soon as possible.

Also (belatedly) lol @ "Maften" Hall. Language-wise, that conjures up images of waftin' the bedsheets because it's absolutely liftin' under there.

Did you really? Very nice.

Mine and the wife's favourite place. Love eating in the Library restaurant. Dying to go when the snows down as well.

Did you get married in the grand hall ?

5e2agyvu.jpg

yeah, felt very traditional and church-like, with the stained glass window (renton would love it), but with the advantage of not being an actual church, so we we could so a civil ceremony without all the religious crap.

the food for the meal was top notch and the wedding dancefloor was in this underground room, felt like our own private little rave late doors.

How long have you worked there? Shouldn't you have the option of being TUPEd or receive redundancy? Might be worth getting legal advice.

I'd been there a over a year but I'd been moved into a legacy team - which was outsourced stuff. I knew it was coming eventually but I wasn't expecting it for a few months - as I was literally in meetings last week discussing plans etc.

Heads all over the shop at the minute.

I've saved mind so it's not the end of the world, i.e bills are taken care of -but I should probably take a good look at myself and use it as an oppourtunity! I'm hoping I wont have to sign on i.e a quick resolution.

I'm into day 1 and not having something to do or a place to go is doing my fucking head in.

I'm at the CV mind so that's something :up:

Thanks Gemmill! It's the sheer fear or staying in the house!

I'm tempted to start giving guitar lessons just for something but I haven't wrote any, so I might write a few and that's £15-20 an hour if nothing else.

That's a great idea, actually. Something else to stick on the CV, and it might be a nice sideline even when you do get a new job. One of those things where you probably need a bit of free time to set it up, so this is a good opportunity.

Definitely aye. I might try and plan it for a couple of hours a day. I don't want to use grading systems - I know that - I want it tailored to the individual, but a little casual rather than feeling like a University.

I've taught a couple of mates for nowt so I've got plenty guinea pigs. That's going on the CV come to think of it. Good shout :up:

Definitely aye. I might try and plan it for a couple of hours a day. I don't want to use grading systems - I know that - I want it tailored to the individual, but a little casual rather than feeling like a University.

I've taught a couple of mates for nowt so I've got plenty guinea pigs. That's going on the CV come to think of it. Good shout :up:

You thought about being a Taxi Driver?