George Best

Guest alex

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW how the fuck has George Best's death thread turned into an arguement over whether Jessica Simpson is good looking????

60798[/snapback]

A tribute he would have appreciated tbh

60860[/snapback]

He would I reckon :lol:

genuinely talented footballer, career cut short

never see another player who had such an impact on the game.

never a better named footballer tbh

(p.s. he was a bit of a prat off the pitch though)

Nice to see NUFC.COm as cynical as ever...

The Premier League have instructed match officials to conduct a period of silence in memory of the late George Best before  kickoff in each game - a lamentable decision in our opinion.

Whatever he's done off the pitch he's a football legend. Cloughie got a minutes silence didn't he?

The Premier League have instructed match officials to conduct a period of silence in memory of the late George Best before  kickoff in each game - a lamentable decision in our opinion.

Whatever he's done off the pitch he's a football legend. Cloughie got a minutes silence didn't he?

60927[/snapback]

True he did, but I think the over-riding feeling that OTT. I don't recall every club in the country having a minute's silence when Jackie Milburn or Billy Wright died. They did when Bobby Moore did but I think that was a one-off at the time.

60927[/snapback]

Actually I don't think Cloughie did at all the games did he? In any case he should have. I also think the greatest player ever to come from these isles should get one, without doubt. I quite like .com generally but they are miserable bastards.

60927[/snapback]

True he did, but I think the over-riding feeling that OTT. I don't recall every club in the country having a minute's silence when Jackie Milburn or Billy Wright died. They did when Bobby Moore did but I think that was a one-off at the time.

60928[/snapback]

Cloughie didn't get one at SJP iirc, a decision that was unpopular with many.

60927[/snapback]

Actually I don't think Cloughie did at all the games did he? In any case he should have. I also think the greatest player ever to come from these isles should get one, without doubt. I quite like .com generally but they are miserable bastards.

60930[/snapback]

Just their opinion I guess, its an issue that will probably split people. Mind, if you can't give a minutes silence for the greatest footballer to come from these shores, then who can you give one to?

60927[/snapback]

60930[/snapback]

Just their opinion I guess, its an issue that will probably split people. Mind, if you can't give a minutes silence for the greatest footballer to come from these shores, then who can you give one to?

60935[/snapback]

Princess Margaret, apparently :lol:

I don't like the idea of the FA insisting everyone has a minutes silence in any circumstances, like with that Bigley, I mean it's not nice what happened and that, but loads of people have died over there and get no minutes silence.

Should be up to each club and their community when they have one. I'd guess most Newcastle fans would agree that Best deserves it. Not even because he was from these shores but because he was one of the greatest examples of what we love. We should also have a bit quiet when Maradonna decides he's finished, and Pele. People who are universally admired.

Mind, if you can't give a minutes silence for the greatest footballer to come from these shores, then who can you give one to?

60935[/snapback]

They did, 12 years ago....

Mind, if you can't give a minutes silence for the greatest footballer to come from these shores, then who can you give one to?

60935[/snapback]

61000[/snapback]

Who hell he?

60935[/snapback]

61000[/snapback]

Who hell he?

61004[/snapback]

Bobby Moore

60935[/snapback]

61000[/snapback]

Who hell he?

61004[/snapback]

Bobby Moore

61006[/snapback]

12 years ago? God how time flies, I take it you are saying Best wasn't from these shores? Pedantic twat tbh :lol:

A minutes silence for that cheating t**t maradona? You have to be kidding me. He can rot for all I care.

61038[/snapback]

I was waiting for that like.

He was good though, it's not like he was constantly picking the ball up and throwing it at goal.

60935[/snapback]

61000[/snapback]

Who hell he?

61004[/snapback]

Bobby Moore

61006[/snapback]

12 years ago? God how time flies, I take it you are saying Best wasn't from these shores? Pedantic twat tbh :lol:

61010[/snapback]

Nope - not saying that at all....

Just think Moore is the best complete footballer that this country has ever seen. Best is right up there, but Moore edges it for me.

(nearly 13 years actually :lol:)

TBH, I thought that Moore was overated. He was a good player but that was all. Everybody keeps going on about how he read a game so he didn't need to be fast. What they actually mean is that he had no pace at all. His legend owes much to that fact that he was a cockney playing with the team that everybody thinks plays attractive football and he was the darling of the southern hacks. If he played for a northern team he wouldn't be idolised by the cockney b******s. In terms of ability, pace, flair, charisma Moore couldn't hold a candle to George Best.