Birmingham to bid for Carroll

2bias

Guest alex
In fairness to FMA he's only sold players that either wanted to go or that the club didn't want.

Carroll wants to stay, he wants a new deal, I can't see him going anywhere other than whereever he ends up doing community service.

You can only sell players that want to go. I'm sure he'd have loved to have sold a few more players but they were unwilling to give up their lucrative contracts (which he gave them).

I'm sure there are a few that he'd have had out the door earlier, it doesn't change the fact all of the players who have left either clearly wanted out (Given, Zog, Milner, Martins, Bassong, Beye), or who the club were happy to be shot of (Geremi, Owen, Cacapa, Viduka) because they routinely underperformed.

If Carroll wants to stay (as today's Chron states) then there is no precedent under FMA to suggest he will be sold.

I see what you're saying. But I'd also argue players like Milner and Given were more or less told to fuck off because they weren't wanted. After that they did probably want to go. The ones the club were happy to get shot of were either out of contract (or virtually out of contract). Do you think they'd have walked away if they had two years left? I think it might be moot, in that the club perhaps don't want to sell Carroll at present as they think they might get more later. But I think that's what'll be the driving force behind the club wanting him to stay, rather than because the player wants to remain here.

Is this the thread to mention that a fairly well placed source told me that we've put a bid in for Charlie Austin of Swindon Town?

He wants to come, has family in the city, but has a young child with a girl in the Bournemouth area and her and her family don't want him to move this far north.

I don't think he is actually that good....but if we do sell Carroll and Ranger goes out on loan then this may be one who is coming in.

Don't know if anything wil come of it but if it does you know where you heard it first ;)

Is this the thread to mention that a fairly well placed source told me that we've put a bid in for Charlie Austin of Swindon Town?

He wants to come, has family in the city, but has a young child with a girl in the Bournemouth area and her and her family don't want him to move this far north.

I don't think he is actually that good....but if we do sell Carroll and Ranger goes out on loan then this may be one who is coming in.

Don't know if anything wil come of it but if it does you know where you heard it first ;)

Well he certainly knows where the back of the net is in the lower leagues.

They can't sell him, it would make a mockery of their statement about local talent. We all know that this administration would never ever contradict themselves.

They can't sell him, it would make a mockery of their statement about local talent. We all know that this administration would never ever contradict themselves.

but, but ......... they have a 5 year plan !!!

Wonderful line in the current "True Faith" describing Ashley's five year plans being like a "fat lass always promising to go on a diet - the start date constantly gets moved back!"

Wonderful line in the current "True Faith" describing Ashley's five year plans being like a "fat lass always promising to go on a diet - the start date constantly gets moved back!"

:angry:

<_<

Well, True Faith is shite. They constantly called for the removal of the "embarrassing" Shepherd and appear to think they know better than everybody else, also wanting these so called "plans" themselves, and proclaiming Mike Ashley etc etc on the back of him buying everybody a pint in the Bigg Market........

I see what you're saying. But I'd also argue players like Milner and Given were more or less told to fuck off because they weren't wanted. After that they did probably want to go. The ones the club were happy to get shot of were either out of contract (or virtually out of contract). Do you think they'd have walked away if they had two years left? I think it might be moot, in that the club perhaps don't want to sell Carroll at present as they think they might get more later. But I think that's what'll be the driving force behind the club wanting him to stay, rather than because the player wants to remain here.

and what better way to get players to want away than to publicly say you want them and then make a derisory offer in contract talks [/cynical]

The lack of ambition shown by Ashley, a billionaire, for such a well supported club, the 20th most valuable club in the world, is fucking unbelievable. He has managed to persuade a lot of fans to think survival playing shit football is acceptable for next season - and the season after and the season after that - cunt

The lack of ambition shown by Ashley, a billionaire, for such a well supported club, the 20th most valuable club in the world, is fucking unbelievable. He has managed to persuade a lot of fans to think survival playing shit football is acceptable for next season - and the season after and the season after that - cunt

precisely.

<_<

Fuckers stole my line:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry739323

;)

<_<

Fuckers stole my line:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry739323

;)

Blatantly. Plagiarising cunts.

No-one's mentioned the Carroll to Chelsea rumours yet either.