England v USA

Guest The Three Lions

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on that performance, I can't see England getting further than the quarters. Carragher was shown up at the back, SWP was crap, Heskey is an ageing striker who can't shoot. We were generally ineffective up the middle and left sides in attack and lacked a cutting edge. Capello should shuffle the pack imo.

I thought a draw was a fair result.

Sometimes the need to shuffle brings suprises. All good. Frosty etc.. :lol:

Based on that performance, I can't see England getting further than the quarters. Carragher was shown up at the back, SWP was crap, Heskey is an ageing striker who can't shoot. We were generally ineffective up the middle and left sides in attack and lacked a cutting edge. Capello should shuffle the pack imo.

as long as he leaves the jokers in the deck :D

Did you see what I did there, eh? eh?.....

as long as he leaves the jokers in the deck :icon_lol:

Monkey magic I likes it. :D

as long as he leaves the jokers in the deck :icon_lol:

Monkey magic I likes it. :D

Ahh Pigsy!!

Kitman's right like, Capello has the players to do it, just needs the right combination.

Fwiw, dropping Green would be a dumb move.

Start Crouch, Cole.

Ahh Pigsy!!

Kitman's right like, Capello has the players to do it, just needs the right combination.

Start Crouch, Cole.

Why?

Hes shouldn't have started the first game anyway. Hart is a better 'keeper and if all he lacks is experience, then surely these are the games where it's safe for him to gain it?

Ahh Pigsy!!

Start Crouch, Cole.

Why?

Hes shouldn't have started the first game anyway. Hart is a better 'keeper and if all he lacks is experience, then surely these are the games where it's safe for him to gain it?

Capello said he needs 2/3 days to think about it. Personally regardless of age I'd always start the better player.

Ahh Pigsy!!

Start Crouch, Cole.

Why?

Capello said he needs 2/3 days to think about it. Personally regardless of age I'd always start the better player.

:lol:

I see no value in starting Green against Algeria or Slovenia.

Having watched Algerian play Slovenia, I can't see anything other than two wins. They're both shite.

The yanks will beat them both as well probably, meaning we have to hammer one, or preferably both, of them to make sure we top the group on GD. I don't fancy finishing second and having to play the sausage munchers.

Ahh Pigsy!!

Start Crouch, Cole.

Why?

Because it would effectively cut his goalkeeping squad by one- dropping him for one mistake, granted a fucking howler, would be harsh in the extreme, and I think it would shatter Green's confidence.

After the mistake he didn't buckle, made the saves when needed etc.

I think it would also reflect badly on Capello, adding to the suspicion that he still doesn't know his best squad.

Guest The Three Lions

You obviously didn't see France then.

Guest The Three Lions
100/30 to go out in the quarters. Tempting.

Against France? If we lose to them it'll be the worst result in Capello's career. If we are shite, you need to think of a new word for France they're that poor.

You obviously didn't see France then.

Well. we've got form for losing to a hand ball :lol:

Now we are fucked