England v USA

Guest The Three Lions

I wasn't watching ITV, so missed anything they might have said about the substitution-tactical?

I wish I hadn't been watching ITV - that was, without doubt, the worst production of a football match I have ever seen - atrocious just doesn't even scratch the surface. There seems to be this obsession that all displays of emotion that any of the protagonists display have to be viewed over and over again in those fucking ridiculous HD slo-mos- i swear I nearly kicked the fuckin telly in - the game was being played and all we were seeing was Gerrards celebration, Tim howards shouting some tourette induced verbal volley at his defence or Capello doing an impression of Mrs Brady old lady on the sideline - just totally infuriating - i wouldn't care they played a blinder getting Adrian Chiles and even squeezed a Clash song into the build up but ,dear me the rest........

amen. we must of missed 4 minutes of the game due to unnecessary replays

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The constant replays aren't ITV's doing tbf. Pretty sure the same pictures are fed to every broadcaster.

You're right though, ITV are fucking shite. That Clive Tyldsley is their premier commentator says it all.

Aye, I think it's South African director doing all that shite. Like you say though, ITV are still crap.

I didn't realise that I assumed they would have control of the broadcast, fair enough but some cunt wants shooting - I heard on the radio this morning that ITV hd viewers had missed gerrards goal cos they had cut to something else - I don't want my viewing experience enriched I just want to watch the football with the odd action replay when something good happens - oh and totally agree on that commentator - woeful

It was just ITV HD. An advert came on as Gerrard scored. Seems like someone pressed the wrong button.

I had Gerrard 1st goalscorer though :lol:

Anyway, Green has always been shit and shouldnt be anywhere near the England team. I genuinely believe Harper is a better a keeper.According to OPTA he has made more errors leading to goals than any other player in the Premier League last season.

He nearly didnt save Altidores shot. If he'd let that in he'd be crucified even more.

Green made a mistake - but it was the only thing he did do wrong all game - saved us big time when Carragher was skinned.

He just about tipped it onto the inside of his near post, it wasn't the world class save ITV would lead you to believe.

He kept the ball out of the onion bag which is good enough for me...

World class or not, whilst he's the difference between us having 3 points and 1 he's also the difference between us having 1 point and none.

Obviously he saved it, but I fully expected him to, if he hadn't then it would've been classed as another clanger.

Dare I remind people that we didn't go to the World Cup in 1974 on account of our goalkeeper fucking up... his name??

Peter Shilton and he continued to represent us for another 17 years - often considered the best in the world.

Green made a mistake - yes. But as I've said he did fuck all else wrong all game. A mistake that was most likely on account of nerves so the last thing he needs is his confidence shooting to hell by being dropped on account of it.

As for 'if he hadn't saved it it would've been classed as another clanger' then i go back to the point that if the howler hadn't happened - we'd all be bigging that up as a magnificent save.

You can't compare Robert Green to Peter Shilton :lol:

A comparison with Paul Robinson or Scott Carson would be much more appropriate.

Yes, he did fuck all wrong for the rest of the game but that's because, apart from the save at his near post, he had fuck all else to do.

He was never my first choice keeper anyway.

It was a strange selection anyway. I think if he was class and / or the established no. 1 you'd say, ok - mistakes happen but the reaction to it is made worse by the fact most people wouldn't have picked him in the first place.

I heard on the radio this morning that ITV hd viewers had missed gerrards goal cos they had cut to something else

What the fuck? ITV HD just went to an advert!

:lol:

Tbh we have bigger problems than Green in goal. Those things happen but we should have had enough to go on and win the game regardless. But when you have two wingers that are unable to deliver a decent ball into the box and a clown like Heskey (Carroll would have been a better option than him ffs) up front, we don't have a fucking hope of beating anyone decent.

We desperately need to get Joe Cole and Crouch playing for the rest of the tournament.

I wasn't watching ITV, so missed anything they might have said about the substitution-tactical?

Capello said: "Milner was having a problem with the right-back and he was booked. I was worried about the second booking."

Ok, that'll make sense. His confidence will be gone though.

Lennon put some decent cut-backs into the box. Didn't see Ashley Cole get forward as much as I thought.

Barry needs to get back into that team quickly, as it stands, England will struggle in the later rounds against half decent opposition.

Guest The Three Lions

I can't remember that much about the game, apart from screaming at Green. I was out for 1130, by 630 I was mortal drinking ridiculous cocktails, ended up leaving town and watching it at me mates. The games a blur but whoever is in charge of ITV's production team who's responsible should be fuckin strung up, its a game we've looked forward to for 6 month, and the very moment we score it goes to adverts, what an absolute joke.

Four things though.

Joe Cole must start in the next game

He'll keep Green, but he shouldn't James is a better keeper

What has Crouch got to do to get a start, Heskey was below his normal standard, and Crouch almost guarantees you goals for England

I'm totally against apartheid but there should be an emergency law for the brought in to shoot any fucka WITH one of those horns

Many of us who are realistic predicted we'd start shit, keep the faith, we were much worse than this against Ireland in 1990, and Paraguay in the last one imo, and even though we were shit, we were much, much better than them, it's just embarrassing not beating them thats all.

Edited by The Three Lions

Tbh we have bigger problems than Green in goal. Those things happen but we should have had enough to go on and win the game regardless. But when you have two wingers that are unable to deliver a decent ball into the box and a clown like Heskey (Carroll would have been a better option than him ffs) up front, we don't have a fucking hope of beating anyone decent.

We desperately need to get Joe Cole and Crouch playing for the rest of the tournament.

Heskey was our best player fwiw.

I think Joe Cole has to be worth the start next time out though.

Guest The Three Lions

He was average, and should've definitely scored. Glen Johnson was tremendous by far our best on the night I thought.

Aye, I think it's South African director doing all that shite. Like you say though, ITV are still crap.

It's like F1, FIFA has it's own broadcaster there supplying feeds to everyone.

Also like F1 it is so they can control the rights and what gets shown a lot easier.

As for the slow-mos, they were there last time, it was just so long ago you old fucks have let it slide from your memory :lol:

Edited by sammynb

Guest The Three Lions

Everyone needs to stay calm I think, all the sides in this tournament have been shite apart from the enterprising Chiwawa Chompers, who I thought were fucking good. They could've won that game 3 or 4-0 easily.

He was average, and should've definitely scored. Glen Johnson was tremendous by far our best on the night I thought.

Heskey doesnt score though, which was partly my point (in a backhanded kind of way).

I'd have had Johnson a close second for Motm. Credit for making the most out of half chances too, which you can't over emphasise the importance of at this level.

Rooney was non-existent. Obviously I hope he steps up but I'd appreciate the likes of Shearer (worst offender) stop mentioning him in the same sentences as Messi.

Heskey doesnt score though, which was partly my point (in a backhanded kind of way).

I'd have had Johnson a close second for Motm. Credit for making the most out of half chances too, which you can't over emphasise the importance of at this level.

Rooney was non-existent. Obviously I hope he steps up but I'd appreciate the likes of Shearer (worst offender) stop mentioning him in the same sentences as Messi.

Shearer was interviewing him on 5Live yesterday. In one of his questions he mentioned that he was "one of, if not the best player in the world". :lol:

I thought Heskey had a good game last night an'all, and I just can't get my head round Milner starting games at the World Cup.

Guest The Three Lions

Messi missed four guilt edged chances yesterday like. The fickle nature of football fans dictate that people say Rooney was shit yesterday, had his 30 yarder that missed by an inch went in people would be knocking one out over him. Not having a go at you by the way, but a few people echo your comments I've spoken to today.

The fickle nature of football fans dictate that people say Rooney was shit yesterday, had his 30 yarder that missed by an inch went in people would be knocking one out over him. Not having a go at you by the way, but a few people echo your comments I've spoken to today.

He was shit though, largely anonymous, same goes for Lampard.

Messi missed four guilt edged chances yesterday like. The fickle nature of football fans dictate that people say Rooney was shit yesterday, had his 30 yarder that missed by an inch went in people would be knocking one out over him. Not having a go at you by the way, but a few people echo your comments I've spoken to today.

You can have a go mate, it's just opinions. Not looking for people's approval after all.

My point was about comparisons. Rooney had a shot from 30 yards and aye it might have gone in on another day, yes. Messi missed a shedload but he was making them to start with too. And he carried the ball which was the main difference I was highlighting. I don't honestly think theres a comparison to be drawn between them on that level.

The fickle nature of football fans dictate that people say Rooney was shit yesterday, had his 30 yarder that missed by an inch went in people would be knocking one out over him. Not having a go at you by the way, but a few people echo your comments I've spoken to today.

He was shit though, largely anonymous, same goes for Lampard.

This. On a purely objective analysis.

Glen Johnson was Englands best player last night by a country mile

Aye, someone else mentioned that mate. That cunt Three Lions/That top lad Stevie, depending on your perspective. :lol:

That just shows how bad we were tbh. You can't be playing strikers who can't score at all though!