England v USA

Guest The Three Lions

Guest The Three Lions

Well Saturday is almost here, I for one can not wait, the town will be jumping.

Big Sam is a mug, I can't deny it, but what he said in the paper is spot on it doesn't matter how we win as long as we do. Edging us nicely in to the tournament with a shakey 1-0 will do. We rarely start tournaments on fire, the first game is not about the performance, it's about winning. If we can do that we'll settle in to the World Cup nicely. Regardless how we play we'll be written off, but lets get that win and we'll be flying. I'm not worried about USA, they're a poor mans South Korea, all energy with little else about them, just my view. I think it would be lovely to win 3-0, but 1-0 will do come on England 5 days and counting.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Three Lions
Right old battle of the threads goin on here innit Stevie? :angry:

This is the match thread. <_< You can imagine the yank press making this in to 1854 or whenever it was when those mugs got their independence, they always seem to forget it was English v English in essence, so no they didn't win, same as they didn't win the Vietnam War, and never win any war without our help.

Americans: Meet The Soccerball World Cup

With your guide, The Washington Times' Chuck Spanker

Like speaking foreign languages, owning a passport and walking to the shops instead of taking your SUV, there are some things the rest of the world does different to us. One of them is the Soccer World Cup Trophy. So what can we expect from the tourney in the tiny war-torn Asian host nation of South Africa?

* USA faces a tough opening match-up with Great Britain. The Great Britain team qualified at the expense of other European powers including East Germany, Bolivia and The Good Korea, and is expecting a strong showing in the tournament.

* Keep an eye on star power forward Wayne Rooney. Wayne, like The Beatles, was born in the picturesque village of Liverpool and, like The Beatles, got the hell out of there at the first opportunity. He is noted for his change-up, shot accuracy, inability to speak English and awesome red-card potential.

* The USA has some strong soccer players too, including: some guy at Fulham FC near Harrods in London, some fags who couldn't play football or basketball in college, Brandi Chastain and some Mexican illegal immigrants who will do all the heavy lifting.

* David Beckham is NOT playing for USA after injuring himself while attempting to ground pass a flyball. He will be in South Africa as an ambassador, which is a name for a guy that works for the CIA and tells foreigners which of them we are going to bomb next.

* Beware the Great Britain soccer fans, who are known to be violent when drunk - as seen on the documentary Green Street.

* Also in the USA's qualifying pool is Algeria, part of the Axis of Evil, and Slovenia, the made-up country where The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe is set. USA is expected to beat both of these teams by means of a pre-emptive military strike,

* Should you happen to catch a game on TV, do not be alarmed if the score is one to nothing or even nothing all after several minutes play. Believe it or not, this is considered a legitimate scoreline in soccer. It is rumored that some fans even enjoy these match-ups.

* The USA will play three match-ups, after which the tournament will end and USA will be declared the victor.

This is the match thread. <_< You can imagine the yank press making this in to 1854 or whenever it was when those mugs got their independence, they always seem to forget it was English v English in essence, so no they didn't win, same as they didn't win the Vietnam War, and never win any war without our help.

Three posts. ;)

More like 1950, but whatever. I'm not one to split hairs. ;)

Guest The Three Lions

More like 1950, but whatever. I'm not one to split hairs. ;)

Only yanks count that one, we hit the post 7 times apparently. The people at the end of the telegram line thought there was a mistake in the message they thought it was USA 1 England 10, and a one had been missing off. We could've given the Italians a run for their money for arrogance back then.

;)

Shouldn't take them too lightly, 19 of their squad are on the books of overseas clubs.

8 with English clubs.

2 with a Scottish club.

3 with German clubs.

2 with Mexican clubs

1 with Italian club

1 with French club

1 with Norwegian club

1 with Danish club.

only 3 are with Yankee clubs, Donavon who plays for the LA Galaxy being one of them.

Lost their last 4 internationals and are desperately trying to wind up the England team. If they shut up and concentrated on their game then I'd be a little more worried.

We should steamroll them. 3-0.

Shouldn't take them too lightly, 19 of their squad are on the books of overseas clubs.

8 with English clubs.

2 with a Scottish club.

3 with German clubs.

2 with Mexican clubs

1 with Italian club

1 with French club

1 with Norwegian club

1 with Danish club.

only 3 are with Yankee clubs, Donavon who plays for the LA Galaxy being one of them.

Not being funny Noelie, but The Gooch is the yank in Italy and despite being noble hasn't really done anything. Also, I wouldn't be wholly impressed by an American plying his trade in 4 of the leagues you mention.

8 with English clubs.

2 with a Scottish club.

3 with German clubs.

2 with Mexican clubs

1 with Italian club

1 with French club

1 with Norwegian club

1 with Danish club.

Not being funny Noelie, but The Gooch is the yank in Italy and despite being noble hasn't really done anything. Also, I wouldn't be wholly impressed by an American plying his trade in 4 of the leagues you mention.

I understand what you're saying Mr.Fish and agree to some degree but when you consider that some of the Yankee players are on the books of Frankfurt, Hanover, Gladbag, Rennes, Rangers, Everton, Fulham, Aston Villa, Wolves, Hull, Bolton, West Ham, they must have shown something to get signed on, and that's why I say we shouldn't take them lightly. in fact no team in the World Cup should be taken lightly as surprising results happen.