England v Germany

Park Life

More of or lot need to go and play abroad. The English footballer is incredibly insular compared to other nationalities.

The whole German XI plays in Germany.

Yes but the way they are brought up with the game here is light years ahead of what we do. Look at the youth sides results lately and the way German players are confident and comfortable on the ball.

The U17s won the Euro championship mind.

I would say the 3 biggest enemies of Eng football are:

Too many foreign players in key roles in Eng club football

The rough and tumble and high intensity of the PL and playing through winter

Spoilt super rich playboys who become millionaires often in their early 20's.

I'd add to that the assumption that the "English style" doesn't work in international football. IMO we should be playing high tempo, expansive football. Combative in midfield and always looking to attack on the counter. Not the Kick-and Rush that Beckenbauer bemoans, but an electric mixture of pace and power.

I think there needs to be more instilled into the kids that playing for your country is the highest honour. Having so many people winning a cap, belittles it, There should be a return of England B, there shouldn't be Ricketts winning a fucking cap, ffs.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurgen Klinsman said it best in an after-match opinion. He said that the English team looked tense from the beginning.

And they were from beginning to end, not one of them looked comfortable in what they were doing and it showed..

Capello OUT. When you are 4 - 1 down you don't put in a player that has a history of NOT scoring goals for his country.

"Anyone blaming Rooney's performance on tiredness needs to have a word.

Thomas Muller played 52 games this season for Bayern, was playing after Rooney finished his season and was playing in his first full season.

Mullers performance today was top quality. His troubled one of the best left backs in the world, bagged two goals and tracked back all game. His attitude put Rooney to shame.

Rooney's problem isn't tiredness. It's that he doesn't perform on the major stage. He's a flat track bully really. He's played in two Champions League finals, 1 FA Cup final and 8 World Cup games. He's done absolutely nothing in any of them. Add this to countless games vs Chelsea or Liverpool where he's done nothing and you can see that he struggles to do anything against good sides or when his team isn't dominant. Compare this to Drogba, Villa, Messi, Ronaldo and you see that he isn't in their league."

from NO.

There were problems all over the pitch but the two centre-backs were terrible. Terry might as well have not been playing. Biggest problem of the lot is we just aren't good enough though.

More of or lot need to go and play abroad. The English footballer is incredibly insular compared to other nationalities.

Very good point. Platt, Gazza and Lineker for all the better for playing abroad.

Don't know about Gazza like. Waddle's probably a better example. I don't think it's the underlying issue though. It's about not coaching kids to have a good first touch and awareness. Kick and rush rules at grassroots level. I know it's hard to change a culture but it's also about the coaches being available. It takes 3 times as long to get the Uefa pro licence in Spain as it does in England but they've got ten times more coaches. It's sad because you've got all this money being pumped into English football but we had more technical players in the pre-Premier League Italia 90 side. That was probably down to luck admittedly but what world class English players have come through since then? Not many in 20 years.

Very good point. Platt, Gazza and Lineker for all the better for playing abroad.

Don't know about Gazza like. Waddle's probably a better example. I don't think it's the underlying issue though. It's about not coaching kids to have a good first touch and awareness. Kick and rush rules at grassroots level. I know it's hard to change a culture but it's also about the coaches being available. It takes 3 times as long to get the Uefa pro licence in Spain as it does in England but they've got ten times more coaches. It's sad because you've got all this money being pumped into English football but we had more technical players in the pre-Premier League Italia 90 side. That was probably down to luck admittedly but what world class English players have come through since then? Not many in 20 years.

Even the better players (Gerard for example) have the first touch of a rapist. loads of money does get pumped in, then it's syphoned straight out into the players and agents pockets.

The players just are not good enough, never have been, they get blown up by the sycophants out of all proportion.

As ever though the johny-foreigner manager will get the blame and the common denominator from all the tournament disasters will sail blithely on ego's intact.

Guest The Three Lions

I think that was the worst day of all time being an England fan. Even when we lost to them and Portugal it didn't feel this bad, utterly, utterly embarrassed we were. However, a few things, Germany had us all over in the first half, but at 2-2 we potentially could've had a lot more momentum going in to the second half. Also the first twenty minutes of the second half we attacked them, they couldn't get the ball and for a long time an equaliser looked on the cards. When the third goal went in we chucked the towel in, pardon the pun, we got caught on the break twice and it was over as a contest. All hard to take, Gareth Barry will never be an international footballer as long as he has a hole in his arse. An intelligent footballer does anything apart from what he did for the third goal, even put it out for a throw, as soon as he lost I knew it was a goal, but fuckin hell talk about gung ho, where were the defence. The fourth goal, I've seen Kevin Scott run quicker than Barry, I know Ozil is quick but that was just embarrassing, and I have to say in terms of watching England that goal was the biggest sickener I've ever known, 4-1 down, the whole world watching our biggest ever competition defeat, and we can do nothing, no way back. For Capello to come out and say we played well was just insulting.

Now all of that was terrible, but the worst moment for me was seeing our "supporters" in the stands. We're 4-1 down to Germany our bitterest rivals in our biggest humbling ever really, in a huge, huge game, the camera goes on two teenage lasses, and they look wave at the big screen with a look of delirium like they're about to get shagged off Robbie Williams. Sickening and embarrassing, if that's England in 2010 I want to no part of any tournaments certainly going to them, the people interviewed after the game as well, all tarquins, I saw two interviewed on the bbc news channel aged 25-30, face painted like lions with whiskers. Oh dear.

I think that was the worst day of all time being an England fan. Even when we lost to them and Portugal it didn't feel this bad, utterly, utterly embarrassed we were. However, a few things, Germany had us all over in the first half, but at 2-2 we potentially could've had a lot more momentum going in to the second half. Also the first twenty minutes of the second half we attacked them, they couldn't get the ball and for a long time an equaliser looked on the cards. When the third goal went in we chucked the towel in, pardon the pun, we got caught on the break twice and it was over as a contest. All hard to take, Gareth Barry will never be an international footballer as long as he has a hole in his arse. An intelligent footballer does anything apart from what he did for the third goal, even put it out for a throw, as soon as he lost I knew it was a goal, but fuckin hell talk about gung ho, where were the defence. The fourth goal, I've seen Kevin Scott run quicker than Barry, I know Ozil is quick but that was just embarrassing, and I have to say in terms of watching England that goal was the biggest sickener I've ever known, 4-1 down, the whole world watching our biggest ever competition defeat, and we can do nothing, no way back. For Capello to come out and say we played well was just insulting.

Now all of that was terrible, but the worst moment for me was seeing our "supporters" in the stands. We're 4-1 down to Germany our bitterest rivals in our biggest humbling ever really, in a huge, huge game, the camera goes on two teenage lasses, and they look wave at the big screen with a look of delirium like they're about to get shagged off Robbie Williams. Sickening and embarrassing, if that's England in 2010 I want to no part of any tournaments certainly going to them, the people interviewed after the game as well, all tarquins, I saw two interviewed on the bbc news channel aged 25-30, face painted like lions with whiskers. Oh dear.

Fucking hell. The team and manager are an utter disgrace yet the worst thing for you were the England fans who actually made the effort to get there? Heard it all now. If you're such a superfan, why weren't you there? Or are you missing the good old days of football thuggery?

If it had been tighter the goal that wasn't given would have been a get out of jail free card for Capello and the players (I tend to blame the latter more like) and in a peverse way I'm pleased we don't have that as an excuse really because we were well stuffed.

You still honouring that bet btw? :lol:

Guest The Three Lions

Fucking hell. The team and manager are an utter disgrace yet the worst thing for you were the England fans who actually made the effort to get there? Heard it all now. If you're such a superfan, why weren't you there? Or are you missing the good old days of football thuggery?

Where did I say that you tool? Happy smiley fans who clearly don't give a fuck while the hopes and dreams of a nation are being swept away, that's not football to me.

Alex, you say that's a get out of jail card, but I think the real get out of jail card was for Sepp Blatter. If we'd lost 2-1 it would be the story, it will be swept under the carpet now.

Where did I say that you tool? Happy smiley fans who clearly don't give a fuck while the hopes and dreams of a nation are being swept away, that's not football to me.

Alex, you say that's a get out of jail card, but I think the real get out of jail card was for Sepp Blatter. If we'd lost 2-1 it would be the story, it will be swept under the carpet now.

The crowd looked like a bunch of backpackers like. Still they only got tickets (at a guess) because lots of the fans who would normally go didn't bother. Hardly the low point for me though :lol:

Edited by alex

Even the better players (Gerard for example) have the first touch of a rapist. loads of money does get pumped in, then it's syphoned straight out into the players and agents pockets.

The players just are not good enough, never have been, they get blown up by the sycophants out of all proportion.

As ever though the johny-foreigner manager will get the blame and the common denominator from all the tournament disasters will sail blithely on ego's intact.

Aye, there seems to be quite a lot of 'Capello Out' sentiments today but I think he was severely restricted in his options and I fail to see who we're going to get who'll be any better. I think he might have had enough, however.

If it had been tighter the goal that wasn't given would have been a get out of jail free card for Capello and the players (I tend to blame the latter more like) and in a peverse way I'm pleased we don't have that as an excuse really because we were well stuffed.

Agreed. At 2-1 it'd have been swept under the carpet much like the embarrassing defeat to 10-man Brazil was back in 2002. With 4-1, there's nowhere to hide.

Guest The Three Lions

Those Irish tools earlier in this thread, oh dear. You'd be third world if it wasn't for us you scruffy cunts, fancy coming on to gloat when clearly a few people are clearly downbeat and upset by events.

Those Irish tools earlier in this thread, oh dear. You'd be third world if it wasn't for us you scruffy cunts, fancy coming on to gloat when clearly a few people are clearly downbeat and upset by events.

Aye, because you care about other people's feelings when you post stuff on here :lol: Get a fucking grip man will you? It's banter.

Guest The Three Lions

Aye, because you care about other people's feelings when you post stuff on here :lol: Get a fucking grip man will you? It's banter.

You get a grip, I didn't gloat when France beat Ireland I was upset for them, shows poor taste, fuck them.

As I said before, I genuinely wanted England to do well. However, one cunt I don't feel sorry for is you, you called nearly every other team shite while maintaining that your team would surely come good. So after all your shouting your team got comprehensively hammered by the krauts, take a hint and pipe down, eh? Arrogant mug.

FWIW I reckon it's a blessing in disguise that we went out when we did. The further we got through, the more we'd be shown up. As I've said already I don't think Germany are actually that good and I'm expecting the Argies to give them a bit of a hiding. Christ only knows what they'd have done to us!!

If anything, given the abject performance of the squad throughout the tournament it's an achievement in itself that we made it out of the group stages.

FWIW I reckon it's a blessing in disguise that we went out when we did. The further we got through, the more we'd be shown up. As I've said already I don't think Germany are actually that good and I'm expecting the Argies to give them a bit of a hiding. Christ only knows what they'd have done to us!!

If anything, given the abject performance of the squad throughout the tournament it's an achievement in itself that we made it out of the group stages.

Agree with the first bit but we should have won the group. We're not good enough to have won the whole thing imo but we should have made at least the quarters given the potential route we had. We're ranked 8th in the world or something and we'd have needed to beat Ghana and Uruguay to get to the semis.