Android Apps

Wavey Davey

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Desire's been off for repair, when it gets back i'm seriously thinking about rooting and flashing a custom ROM onto it.

Has anyone done this with a branded phone? I think you need to go down the Goldcard root if your phone is branded and it looks like a bit of an arse on!

My Desire's been off for repair, when it gets back i'm seriously thinking about rooting and flashing a custom ROM onto it.

Has anyone done this with a branded phone? I think you need to go down the Goldcard root if your phone is branded and it looks like a bit of an arse on!

I'll probably do it in a couple of months when I'm closer to contract renewal. That way if it breaks I don't have much time to worry about using a shit phone.

Anyone know how to set different mp3s as ringtones for different contacts? I go to the menu for the contact and it has default ringtone (which is an mp3) or the shitty standard ones.

On mine I need to go to the track in the default music player and set it to a ringtone for a contact in there...can also crop it there too.

Anyone know how to set different mp3s as ringtones for different contacts? I go to the menu for the contact and it has default ringtone (which is an mp3) or the shitty standard ones.

Ringdroid is good.

http://download.cnet.com/Ringdroid-for-And...4-10929046.html

Nice one, cheers.

Edited by Bonamental

• 1 month later...

Any kind soul know of a good 'text editor/notepad' app ?

Ideally, a one stop shop so can copy > paste, select > format (and save ?) text.

Something the equivalent basic functions of Windows' Notebook would be a big boon like.

Ideally, a one stop shop so can copy > paste, select > format (and save ?) text.

Something the equivalent basic functions of Windows' Notebook would be a big boon like.

Color note is great.

You can have notepad style or lists.

Color note is great.

You can have notepad style or lists.

Thanks kindly.

Just had a blast and its coming up with the goods <_<

Look out for 'Photosynth' . Image editing wonderment. Coming to android market very soon I believe. Saw it in action today on iphone and its truly amazing . Auto joins - in realtime - phone camera pics into panoramics and '3d' images. Auto adjusts light/tone etc. seamlessly. Its multi platform too. Incredible stuff. Top appin' indeed !

http://photosynth.net/about.aspx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Everyone got ESPN Goals? Premier league highlights available straight after the games, e.g. 5pm on a Saturday.

SSN have an android app now too...at last.

Vid trim is canny....for trimming videos. Wouldn't mind another to stitch videos together if anyone knows of one.

Virgin TV have an okayish app for what's on telly for the next week. You can modify it to cover only the channels you like and also remotely set your Tivo to record (Unfortunately not your V+ though).

You got tivo hf? Fancy it but not paying the fifty for the box

Not yet. Think I will though. I'll tell Mrs Face it's for her birthday - more space for Hollyoaks.

£100 for the 1TB box.

Reckon I'd regret taking the 500GB when the HD shows start building up.

Timeriffic is one of the more useful app i use.

It allows you to auto control the volume for notifications, ringer and vibrate. Pretty handy to silent the phone at night from email alerts.