Sol Campbell

If Campbell's still playing why can't Shearer put his boots on. I'd rather see him on pitich then chatting bollocks on the telly. Shearer a good player but he shit on the telly. The guys thick as pig shit thats why Newcastle went down he cant read never mind manage.

"If Campbell's still playing, why can't Shearer put his boots on? I'd rather see him on the pitch than chatting bollocks on the telly. Shearer was a good player, but he's shit on the telly. The guy's as thick as pig shit, that's why Newcastle went down. He can't read, never mind manage."

FYP. Now do us a favour, yeah? (p.s. He had a career-ending injury, or doesn't your memory go that far back?)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While i think this is a good signing, especially after Saylor's injury, i also think that as mentioned before the pace (or lack of) will play a huge part in how many goals we will inevitably concede. We need to keep it tight at the back especially at SJP when teams will look to break on us, and through the lack of decent protection we have in front of the back four, we're still going to struggle. It's another body in though, but we desperately need a goalscorer - absolutely crying out for one - even on loan!

Edited by Geordierooney

fantastic stuff

I don't think it is LM.

Campbell is way past it.

When he returned to Arsenal last season, he had 2 quick, quality fullbacks beside him - Sagna and Clichy, plus a quality centre half in Vermalen, with a good ''shield'' infront of him.

What has he now got ? A fellow central defender who has no pace, ball watches and who thinks he is way better than he is.

Two fullbacks that are certainly nowhere near the standard he is used to playing with, and a midfield shield that has no ''legs'' in it.

What will probably happen next season is that a high line won't be taken to aid going forward, but a line somewhere between the 18 yard box and halfway, to nullify the prospect of being hit by quick, pacey strikers. This in turn will affect the team attack wise and encourage the opposition to come on all game.

Surely there must be a decent defender with a modicum of pace somewhere in Europe or the world ??

He may turn out to be an inspired signing, but I'm willing to bet that his season will be hampered by injuries as the physical demands on a 36 year old are too intense. There'll be no league cup or fa cup games for old Sol for sure.

I think I preferred the old acca... this one makes me sad

dont fret FISH, relegation will not befall the toon - it may be close ie within 6 points, but there will be 3 teams below - count on it. :D

fantastic stuff

I don't think it is LM.

Campbell is way past it.

When he returned to Arsenal last season, he had 2 quick, quality fullbacks beside him - Sagna and Clichy, plus a quality centre half in Vermalen, with a good ''shield'' infront of him.

What has he now got ? A fellow central defender who has no pace, ball watches and who thinks he is way better than he is.

Two fullbacks that are certainly nowhere near the standard he is used to playing with, and a midfield shield that has no ''legs'' in it.

What will probably happen next season is that a high line won't be taken to aid going forward, but a line somewhere between the 18 yard box and halfway, to nullify the prospect of being hit by quick, pacey strikers. This in turn will affect the team attack wise and encourage the opposition to come on all game.

Surely there must be a decent defender with a modicum of pace somewhere in Europe or the world ??

He may turn out to be an inspired signing, but I'm willing to bet that his season will be hampered by injuries as the physical demands on a 36 year old are too intense. There'll be no league cup or fa cup games for old Sol for sure.

I was taking the piss.

See my previous post

fantastic stuff

I don't think it is LM.

Campbell is way past it.

I was taking the piss.

See my previous post

WHAT ???

YOU, TAKING THE PISS ??????

NEVER IN CREATION - WHATEVER NEXT :D

sol-ossus campbell's response

"It's pathetic. I had been training for three days – just three days. I am three weeks behind everyone else in pre-season. Don't they know I have just got married and been on honeymoon?

"I accept that the picture wasn't flattering, and I do need to catch up on my level of fitness, but the training kit was not very flattering and showed up all sorts of things. The truth is that I am now in better shape than when I started off back at Arsenal after a long lay-off. I got myself back into shape at Arsenal, and I think I had a reasonably good end half of the season.

"I am a naturally big guy, but I cannot rush my conditioning, otherwise trying too much too quickly could result in injuries. Of course I can understand the manager wants me to be in the side, but the season starts in just two weeks and I really need three to four weeks to get back to peak fitness.

"I've seen it all before, done it all before, heard it all before, but that means I also know exactly what to do. It's a long season and I cannot listen to idiots. I know these things cannot be rushed. What I do know is that I will achieve peak fitness given the time I need to do it. It might be that I will need to play and then put in extra training in between games.

fantastic stuff

I don't think it is LM.

Campbell is way past it.

I was taking the piss.

See my previous post

WHAT ???

YOU, TAKING THE PISS ??????

NEVER IN CREATION - WHATEVER NEXT :D

see post number 12 in this thread.

"recent pictures appear to show Hughtons new signing had put on weight."

"It's a long season and I cannot listen to idiots. I know these things cannot be rushed. My message is simple to all the knockers: I am knuckling down and want to play my football with a great club and a great manager. Then you can judge me."

"Sol Campbell hits back at 'idiot' Newcastle fans

You stupid twats, it wasn't directed at fans, it was directed at you!

Edited by Happy Face