Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive just been told that he will be coming on a season long loan, all to be done and dusted by thurs evening

not sure how worthy the source is but thye normally spot on. also told me about another two we have our eye on

Is the other 2 Les Ferdinand and possibly Carbone?.. LOL....hope your source is right about HBA mate.

one is a dutch lad, 20 year old, apparently enquired about him last thurs and negotiating, weve offer 3.5 and they want closer to 4.5

also some lad from uraguay who played in world cup not sure of name, just hes 27

The Dutch lad is Fer.

uruguayan is arevalo rios isnt it?

Yes. And it looks like we're serious about both, but who really knows. I'd like to think the Fer thing looks like it might come off as the valuations are close.

ive just been told that he will be coming on a season long loan, all to be done and dusted by thurs evening

not sure how worthy the source is but thye normally spot on. also told me about another two we have our eye on

Is the other 2 Les Ferdinand and possibly Carbone?.. LOL....hope your source is right about HBA mate.

Carbone? Isn't he Pasta it?

carbone2fb.jpg

The fuck you say?

Edited by ewerk

He sounds like he might turn out to be a right pain in the arse for us if hie does sign to be honest. His attitude at the moment certainly isn't one that would fit in with Hughton's alleged 'tight squad' ethos. But then again, players coming in has nowt to do with Hughton so has to get what he's given.

from nufc.com. om president suggesting us not paying the fee they want is what's holding up the deal. why does that not surprise me?

The saga of Marseille's French international midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa shows no sign of reaching a conclusion, with Italian newspapers reporting a possible swap deal involving the player and AC Milan's Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

Tuesday evening then saw OM president Jean-Claude Dassier tell journalists that:

"We’re waiting for news from Newcastle. For the moment we don’t have any….. we asked them for the minimum (fee) because I have no intention, I say it again, of breaking Ben Arfa’s career – it’s not my style."

OM coach Didier Deschamps meanwhile commented that:

"Getting Ben Arfa back seems to be very difficult, considering his drastic actions and behaviour. Missing training sessions is not good for him or the group. I believe I have tried to do a lot for him. He has talent, but he has weaknesses too.

"I have spent a lot of time talking to Hatem. My first idea was to find him a club somewhere else, let him leave for sporting reasons, but I have never said that I didn't want him anymore."

from nufc.com. om president suggesting us not paying the fee they want is what's holding up the deal. why does that not surprise me?

The saga of Marseille's French international midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa shows no sign of reaching a conclusion, with Italian newspapers reporting a possible swap deal involving the player and AC Milan's Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

Tuesday evening then saw OM president Jean-Claude Dassier tell journalists that:

"We’re waiting for news from Newcastle. For the moment we don’t have any….. we asked them for the minimum (fee) because I have no intention, I say it again, of breaking Ben Arfa’s career – it’s not my style."

"Getting Ben Arfa back seems to be very difficult, considering his drastic actions and behaviour. Missing training sessions is not good for him or the group. I believe I have tried to do a lot for him. He has talent, but he has weaknesses too.

"I have spent a lot of time talking to Hatem. My first idea was to find him a club somewhere else, let him leave for sporting reasons, but I have never said that I didn't want him anymore."

To be fair to us, they had agreed a loan and went back on that, right?

To be fair to us, they had agreed a loan and went back on that, right?

fuck knows. it's all smoke and mirrors innit. i reckon it's odds on that he's not coming at this stage.

one is a dutch lad, 20 year old, apparently enquired about him last thurs and negotiating, weve offer 3.5 and they want closer to 4.5

also some lad from uraguay who played in world cup not sure of name, just hes 27

The Dutch lad is Fer.

Didn't someone mention we had a bid for Cheick Tioté turned down? He plays in Holland at the moment - admittedly he's not Dutch like...

The Dutch lad is Fer.

Didn't someone mention we had a bid for Cheick Tioté turned down? He plays in Holland at the moment - admittedly he's not Dutch like...

Yeah that was me.

My divining rod says we have five bids out there.

Arfa Mo.

Check Tits

All Fer nowt.

Any Chebs

Arvellio

"Arsenal are rumoured to be readying a bid to bring Marseille’s want away attacker Hatem Ben Arfa to the Emirates. Arsene Wenger has long been a fan of the talented adaptable French international and now that OM boss Didier Deschamps has admitted that the 23 year old is set to leave the club it appears that the Gunners boss is toying with the idea of making a move for the £12m rated former Lyon star.

Having fallen out with his club over their insistence on refusing him the chance of a Premier League move, Ben Arfa then went on a one man strike forcing his Ligue 1 club into a corner that they are now trying to get themselves out of. The reigning French champions didn’t want to lose the talented Clairefontaine graduate but it seems he set his heart on a move elsewhere and when the club’s captain Mamadou Niang left the club for Fenerbache it appears his mind was made up.

Newcastle United were said to be looking to bring the player on loan but now it seems that the French club wants to seal a permanent deal to take Ben Arfa from the club and perhaps the timing is right for the Gunners to strike.

Whilst the club has a fair few wingers the Marseille man may be a prize signing that Wenger will find hard to pass up, especially as his sides attack looked fairly jaded at Anfield in a game where they found it hard to create many clear cut chances."

From the ever reliable caughtoffside.com ;)

"Arsenal are rumoured to be readying a bid to bring Marseille’s want away attacker Hatem Ben Arfa to the Emirates. Arsene Wenger has long been a fan of the talented adaptable French international and now that OM boss Didier Deschamps has admitted that the 23 year old is set to leave the club it appears that the Gunners boss is toying with the idea of making a move for the £12m rated former Lyon star.

Having fallen out with his club over their insistence on refusing him the chance of a Premier League move, Ben Arfa then went on a one man strike forcing his Ligue 1 club into a corner that they are now trying to get themselves out of. The reigning French champions didn’t want to lose the talented Clairefontaine graduate but it seems he set his heart on a move elsewhere and when the club’s captain Mamadou Niang left the club for Fenerbache it appears his mind was made up.

Newcastle United were said to be looking to bring the player on loan but now it seems that the French club wants to seal a permanent deal to take Ben Arfa from the club and perhaps the timing is right for the Gunners to strike.

Whilst the club has a fair few wingers the Marseille man may be a prize signing that Wenger will find hard to pass up, especially as his sides attack looked fairly jaded at Anfield in a game where they found it hard to create many clear cut chances."

From the ever reliable caughtoffside.com ;)

Bullshit or not this type of speculation [and likely pathway] was always going to rouse itself. The current stalemate between ourselves and OM [with HBA being a want'away fixture] was inevitably going to alert bigger fish/clubs. To use a poker analogy we entered into the game with a decent hand, in that the lad actually wanted to come [to put himself in the shop window, and use us a career stepping stone remains to be seen], but we limped in by chucking just a couple chips into the pot. The danger now that it's dragged on is that bigger fish, with better hands after the flop, will bet over the top of us. Timing, opportunism is everything in the player buying market.

Ashley & Llambarse had their chance to seal a deal early in the peace, with a revised & respectable offer for a permanent deal. Totally understandable postition on Dassier's part. They never entered into a legally binding agreement [ie. the loan deal] and 5m, or whatever the mentioned sale figure may be in accordance to the 'loan to buy' deal is of little or no use to them when faced with the task of replacing HBA for the season remainder. And Dassier is answerable to the club's owner, we can't just expect them to be charitable when they have their team rebuilding/restructuring ahead of them.

Edited by Year Zero

We met their their conditions for a deal over a week ago. The fact that Dassier then turned round and said no to the deal was quite annoying for Ben Arfa who then went on strike because of this.

I'm always astounded how much people can ignore reality to justify their own pre-existing views.

8th of April and CH was singing a very different tune...

"Chris Hughton is confident that Newcastle United will reap the rewards of an early promotion back to the Premier League in the transfer market, with the manager believing he has gained a crucial advantage in planning for next season.

Newcastle have been promoted with five games to spare in the Championship and, despite Hughton's attempts to keep the focus on securing the Championship title, he has already begun to look at what needs to be done to ensure the club have the best chance of surviving in the top flight.

Hughton expects to receive a transfer budget somewhere in the region of £25m and feels he only needs four or five new signings to strengthen a squad which already has plenty of top-flight experience. A new striker will be the main priority as he does not have a proven goalscorer at that level, but two full-backs, a central midfielder and a centre-back will also be high on his wish list."

8th of April and CH was singing a very different tune...

"Chris Hughton is confident that Newcastle United will reap the rewards of an early promotion back to the Premier League in the transfer market, with the manager believing he has gained a crucial advantage in planning for next season.

Newcastle have been promoted with five games to spare in the Championship and, despite Hughton's attempts to keep the focus on securing the Championship title, he has already begun to look at what needs to be done to ensure the club have the best chance of surviving in the top flight.

Hughton expects to receive a transfer budget somewhere in the region of £25m and feels he only needs four or five new signings to strengthen a squad which already has plenty of top-flight experience. A new striker will be the main priority as he does not have a proven goalscorer at that level, but two full-backs, a central midfielder and a centre-back will also be high on his wish list."

Hughton isn't quoted in that "story".