Kings of Leon cancel show

The Mighty Hog

British music pisses on yank music anyway, always has done, always will do.

Always has done :wank:

Popular music is largely derived from American music you daft monkey. American music has been one of the greatest contributions to culture, it has been adopted the world over. We've got our literature, they've got the tunes. They had Muddy Waters, we had George Formby. There's no fucking contest. But given that you actually have no clue about music, and listen to pish like Robbie Williams, whilst saying people are brain-dead cunts for listening to something else, it isn't surprising that you'd come out with such a steaming pile of shite.

Depends on your cut-off date though - American music has roots in Irish/Scottish folk as well as obviously an African influence.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't depend on your cut-off date. American music has been more widely adopted than the music that influenced it. What you're pointing out really is that nothing creative exists in a vacuum, which is an axiom. You could trace back influence to a neanderthal smashing a rock if you were a sad bastard.

Still a tempting option though if you've nowt but KoL on the old ipod.

Gemmill is spot on.

My brother owns 3 cd's altogether.

Oasis

The Lighthouse Family

The Spin Doctors

To be fair, the likes of U2 and Oasis (and KOL) are probably the best music that gets into ther charts, so it's all that blokes that don't read the music press have to go on.

This is fucking bollocks as well. I've never read a single music paper in my life. Where's the Zappa quote on rock journalism? "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

If you have a genuine interest and curiosity in music, with the internet there's nothing to stop you from indulging it now.

Replace the word "press" with "media" in my post and you wouldn't be disagreeing then....which is how I assumed it would be interpreted. I don't read any of the music press myself either, I exclusively use the internet to find new music. Unlike you and Frank Zappa, I'm not conceited enough to think that makes me any better than someone that uses Jazztimes or Bass Frontiers.

If you haven't started investigating classical music and you're over 30 there is no hope for you.

:rolleyes:

Last night I was rocking Philip Glass, Ludovicio Einaudi, Chris O'Reilly, Leonard Bernstein and Eluvium.

Pucka Piano.

pretty much the oasis', u2s and kols of modern classical then <_<

If you haven't started investigating classical music and you're over 30 there is no hope for you.

:rolleyes:

Last night I was rocking Philip Glass, Ludovicio Einaudi, Chris O'Reilly, Leonard Bernstein and Eluvium.

Pucka Piano.

Exactly why I don't condone stevie's position.

Whatever happened to patrokles btw?

:(

Pucka Piano.

Exactly why I don't condone stevie's position.

Whatever happened to patrokles btw?

He was Trent possied out. :rolleyes:

Edited by Park Life

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
British music pisses on yank music anyway, always has done, always will do.

Always has done <_<

Popular music is largely derived from American music you daft monkey. American music has been one of the greatest contributions to culture, it has been adopted the world over. We've got our literature, they've got the tunes. They had Muddy Waters, we had George Formby. There's no fucking contest. But given that you actually have no clue about music, and listen to pish like Robbie Williams, whilst saying people are brain-dead cunts for listening to something else, it isn't surprising that you'd come out with such a steaming pile of shite.

What I love about people who believe they're an authority on a subject, is how fuckin patronising they become regardless of age, gender, location or creed. Oh dear at the post and music before the 50's, I'll reply properly tomorrow.

Patrokles was a right wanker fwiw.

What did you not like about him? He came across as a sound kid I think, was one of the best posters on N-O. He hated Vic too.

What did you not like about him? He came across as a sound kid I think, was one of the best posters on N-O. He hated Vic too.

He was too bright for Manc there was a certain frission and jealousy at work.

He was one of the most partronizing self-satisfied little bell ends going.

Meenzer liked him tho iirc so Parky's Trent Posse conspiracy is wide of thre mark.

He was a dick if thats what you mean.

Was he a manc??? I remember putting videos up of him skinning his dog in the garden was quite skillful. He voted for me as best poster on NO as well, so he was a canny lad.

Meenzer liked him tho iirc so Parky's Trent Posse conspiracy is wide of thre mark.

He was in my top 10 posters across both boards for wit and hilarity.

He was a dick if thats what you mean.

No.

He was in my top 10 posters across both boards for wit and hilarity.

I'd gan along with that. How many would be off NO and how many off here then Parky?

Never posted on N-O so wouldn't know how he came across on there, don't know owt about the place tbh.

You just need to give people a chance Sammy. If you remember when I came on here four years ago, you thought I was a total cunt, now I'm just a bit of a cunt.