Kings of Leon cancel show

The Mighty Hog

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bono's voice has the ability to really move me, its the tone. There is no denying he is great live, whatever you think of him personally.

He was great on The Simpsons like.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Anyway I didn't mean any offence to KOL fans, it's just my thoughts. I won't change them. 99% of their songs wouldn't have been good enough washing powder adverts in the 80's.

Rant Over.

Bono's best appearance was on Partridge iyam.

I've always thought he came across as arrogant and aloof. Reminds me of Geldof a bit.

I don't mind them as it happens although I haven't really been into them since Zooropa (which is a bit wank anyway). I've seen them live and they were pretty good (at Leeds years ago) but Bono is a complete prick.

He really knows how to stink up a place with his grandoise rabbbiting 'look at me' bollocks.

I've always thought he came across as arrogant and aloof. Reminds me of Geldof a bit.

Both went over to the dark side when they started meeting the queen and shit.

Both went over to the dark side when they started meeting the queen and shit.

Pissed myself when Geldof got that Lifetime Achievement Brit award a few years back. One half decent song with the Boomtown Rats and Live Aid, fuck all else to show for 30 odd years in the music biz.

Anyway I didn't mean any offence to KOL fans, it's just my thoughts. I won't change them. 99% of their songs wouldn't have been good enough washing powder adverts in the 80's.

Rant Over.

That's all right mate, I don't like them either. :icon_lol:

Idiot Kings of Leon fans can't think for themselves.....should think exactly like Stevie or they're brain dead morons :icon_lol:

Leazesesque

Well they are led by the media and they're namby pamby do-gooders cow towing to them, people that don't like Oasis and U2, are the same people who bury their head in the sand forget what the Halls and the Shepherds did for us.......

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Idiot Kings of Leon fans can't think for themselves.....should think exactly like Stevie or they're brain dead morons :icon_lol:

Leazesesque

Well they are led by the media and they're namby pamby do-gooders cow towing to them, people that don't like Oasis and U2, are the same people who bury their head in the sand forget what the Halls and the Shepherds did for us.......

:icon_lol:

Class thread tbf.

I've got nothing against Leazes at all, but it's unfair to compare me to him. I'm hardly Junior Leazes, not as stubborn.

Youth & Young Manhood was quite a good debut effort tbf.

They're fucking awful now like.

To be fair I don't know their very early stuff, but I'm sure it's totally shite. Even if it's not, the generic nobhead following they have probably don't know their early releases too.

It doesn't come any more generic than Oasis and U2 btw. I mean this us a daft argument in general, cos people like who they like, but pick any bloke who basically doesn't have much of an interest in music and ask him what's on his ipod and you'll get Oasis and U2 every time. Standard response.

It doesn't come any more generic than Oasis and U2 btw. I mean this us a daft argument in general, cos people like who they like, but pick any bloke who basically doesn't have much of an interest in music and ask him what's on his ipod and you'll get Oasis and U2 every time. Standard response.

I think the post in general is bollocks, but the bit in bold is true they were mass marketed but also absolutely class, they got to the top through their unique music and personality, not because they're scruffy yank mugs who appeal to divvy's.

I think the post in general is bollocks, but the bit in bold is true they were mass marketed but also absolutely class, they got to the top through their unique music and personality, not because they're scruffy yank mugs who appeal to divvy's.

There's nothing even to debate in my post tbf. It's fact.

There's nothing even to debate in my post tbf. It's fact.

It's the most debatable point you've ever made. People who have U2 and Oasis in their ipod's are the general thing a bloke without any interest in music would have in their IPOD? :wank: Nothing to do with the fact they're fucking mint then? A bloke without any interest in music wouldn't have an IPOD, and your older bloke like Rob W, who doesn't really care would have Neil Diamond in there and Status Quo.