Manchester U v Newcastle United.

Park Life

The 'Scholes can't tackle' thing is one of biggest cliches in football. He gets away with murder because he's such a good footballer and looks about 13. He's a dirty bastard who knows exactly what he's doing.

They all do that good footballers who are past it, again Scholes wasn't that good as people are saying he was last night. It even creeped in to Beardsley's game at the end of his career. They turn in to dirty bastards, see it time and time again.

Scholes has been like that pretty much all his career though.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
The 'Scholes can't tackle' thing is one of biggest cliches in football. He gets away with murder because he's such a good footballer and looks about 13. He's a dirty bastard who knows exactly what he's doing.

They all do that good footballers who are past it, again Scholes wasn't that good as people are saying he was last night. It even creeped in to Beardsley's game at the end of his career. They turn in to dirty bastards, see it time and time again.

Aye not as much as the last 3 or 4 seasons imo. You could've put a case up for him being sent off last night for a second bookable on the right wing second half.

Aye not as much as the last 3 or 4 seasons imo. You could've put a case up for him being sent off last night for a second bookable on the right wing second half.

Aye, but it's little Scholesy. And he can't tackle :lol:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Aye, but it's little Scholesy. And he can't tackle :lol:

Aye model pro, energetic, family man Scholesy showing his commitment to the game. Bless him.

I don't think we were as bad as people are making out and there are easily three teams worse than us in the league. We looked reasonable going forward and bar the odd mistake committed at the back. The work rate was great and Carroll was back all the time.

I think Harper should have got a touch on Giggs' goal and of course 2-0 would have looked better. It's a shame we didn't take our chances really.

Probably our 2nd hardest game of the season and I'm sure if we go in with the same attitude - although we need to be sharper - we'll pick up enough points to stay up.

Another thing - I watched on Sky last night and my god it's cringe worthy stuff. They would have preferred us to totally fall to pieces so they can bum Scholes and Giggs a bit more.

Weird the abuse Carroll has got in some quarters of the press too...

I thought Harper should've done better for the third too, Tom.

I think he was equally at fault alongside Coloccini for the second. Had it been the other end of the pitch Van Der Saar would have jumped on it. Mind you, saying that had it been the other end of the pitch we'd have never have got a low cross behind our back 4. The amount of times that happened was concerning...

I think he was equally at fault alongside Coloccini for the second. Had it been the other end of the pitch Van Der Saar would have jumped on it. Mind you, saying that had it been the other end of the pitch we'd have never have got a low cross behind our back 4. The amount of times that happened was concerning...

I disagree that he equally at fault but he didn't make himself big at all and made it easy for Berbatov.

I disagree that he equally at fault but he didn't make himself big at all and made it easy for Berbatov.

Fletcher, surely? :lol:

Sorry, I was thinking of the first. Not sure he could've done owt with the 2nd tbf.

I thought Man U were superb, their work rate was exceptional too. Unsurprisingly, Nani gave Perch a nightmare but Enrique kept Valencia very quiet, Scholes gave a performance that should shut the moustachioed-one up, comparing Smith to Fletcher is like comparing a state of the art mobile to a landline, Carroll comes out of a comparison to Rooney quite nicely iyam, Evans was comfortable dealing with Jonas who was very poor and Evra got the better of Routledge.

The bumming from Sky was just horrendous though, 'oh lets look at the stats and er.... oh there are surprisingly few shots on target... and er... they seem quite even ....OH BUT LOOK AT THE DOMINANCE ON POSSESSION'.

Honestly want to find Gray and Keys, truss them up and gimp-rape them with a spelky oar.

Sorry, I was thinking of the first. Not sure he could've done owt with the 2nd tbf.

Really? I thought he was ball watching big time.

I thought Man U were superb, their work rate was exceptional too. Unsurprisingly, Nani gave Perch a nightmare but Enrique kept Valencia very quiet, Scholes gave a performance that should shut the moustachioed-one up, comparing Smith to Fletcher is like comparing a state of the art mobile to a landline, Carroll comes out of a comparison to Rooney quite nicely iyam, Evans was comfortable dealing with Jonas who was very poor and Evra got the better of Routledge.

The bumming from Sky was just horrendous though, 'oh lets look at the stats and er.... oh there are surprisingly few shots on target... and er... they seem quite even ....OH BUT LOOK AT THE DOMINANCE ON POSSESSION'.

Honestly want to find Gray and Keys, truss them up and gimp-rape them with a spelky oar.

I thought they were average at best by their standards.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

...and the first. He's finished. Did you see how slow he was turning that cross round for a corner in the first half, so, so slow, he could've even caught it. 3/1 on us going down, I'll be having a look.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

They were shite. Alan Smith was making out it was Brazil Italy 1970, they played it like a League Cup tie against a plucky League Two outfit, going through the motions, knowing they'd win, they were nothing extraordinary at all.

No credit to us then? I saw them play much worse than that many times last season. The could have won 6 - 0 and they were average?

Aye. Because we conceded soft goals. I thought even the third, which people wanked over because it was Giggs, was just a decent strike / cross-shot into a good area rather than a fantastic strike. He kicked it into the ground. Apart from Carroll and Williamson we didn't play well at all so we don't get much credit, no. We started well, closing them down but allowed them far too much time later on. This was inevitable though, not because of a gulf in fitness levels but because we couldn't keep hold of the ball. Fair enough, Man Utd kept it well but we gave it to them nearly everytime we tried to get into their half with it. Superb? A bit OTT to say the least.

...and the first. He's finished. Did you see how slow he was turning that cross round for a corner in the first half, so, so slow, he could've even caught it. 3/1 on us going down, I'll be having a look.

Aye, the one where he got fingertips to it. I said exactly the same thing. The mackem cunt :lol:

You're talking drivel the pair of you. If you want to qualify 'average' with 'by their standards' then fine but it doesnt add anything objectively to understanding the absolute quality of their peformance.

Shite is just shake your head time.

:lol:

Edited by ChezGiven

You're talking drivel the pair of you. If you want to qualify 'average' with 'by their standards' then fine but it doesnt add anything objectively to understanding the absolutel quality of their peformance.

I honestly didn't think Man Utd played particularly well. And I think you're being a hypocrite tbh because the only way you could give our lot any credit is by judging it against what you could have expected from us / hoped for. I.e. 'by our standards'.

Average is the wrong way to describe the performance -it was more like they were playing an exhibition. They looked like they could step it up 2 or 3 gears at any point. Its probably a good job we didnt score-they might have got angry.

Average is the wrong way to describe the performance -it was more like they were playing an exhibition. They looked like they could step it up 2 or 3 gears at any point. Its probably a good job we didnt score-they might have got angry.

Aye, I said in retrospect if Carroll had scored it probably would've been 6 or 7-1.

Agree we still would have lost if Carroll scored, but it would have been a more interesting match and I don't think they had it in them to get more than 3 or 4, as they're not properly in sync yet.

You're talking drivel the pair of you. If you want to qualify 'average' with 'by their standards' then fine but it doesnt add anything objectively to understanding the absolutel quality of their peformance.

I honestly didn't think Man Utd played particularly well. And I think you're being a hypocrite tbh because the only way you could give our lot any credit is by judging it against what you could have expected from us / hoped for. I.e. 'by our standards'.

You can be objective about it and say they passed accurately, created plenty of chances, clinically took some chances, pressed the ball, gave us little space to move in, tackled well and retained possession well when we harried them to the best of our ability. Am struggling to see which part of their game was poor, apart from finishing. They looked to be in total control of the outcome of the match.

There was only one passage of play where Man u pinged it about and made us look as bad as we are. When Berba hit the chance created wide.

Other than that, it was us that made them look good. We gave them the ball staright back almost every time we won posession....not because they were chasing and harrasing us particularly, just because our passing was poor or we made no attempt to pass, preferring to hoof it back into their deserted half of the pitch and invite another onslaught.