Manchester U v Newcastle United.

Park Life

I was quite impressed with us tonight. I've seen us with all-star super trophy-signing line-ups take worse beatings than that at Old Trafford. Particularly impressed with the way we didn't crumble after than second goal went in. I think we'll be ok this year.

:lol:

I agree with him tbf.

It's like you're in denial or something, just fuck off thinking about FFS and realise where we are and try contributing to the board, you cunt!

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was quite impressed with us tonight. I've seen us with all-star super trophy-signing line-ups take worse beatings than that at Old Trafford. Particularly impressed with the way we didn't crumble after than second goal went in. I think we'll be ok this year.

:lol:

I agree with him tbf.

It's like you're in denial or something, just fuck off thinking about FFS and realise where we are and try contributing to the board, you cunt!

nowt to do with anything or anybody you are harping on about. Fact is we were totally outplayed, I've said in previous posts in this thread why in my opinion this is so. Why don't you respond to those instead of a completely deserved laugh at an idiot, because we weren't impressive at all, isolating your main striker and not bringing the type of player to help this glaring fault is going to bring about a very difficult season.

And there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for failing to address this necessity.

We got away with it last night. We were passed of the park. If Manu had got their scoring boots on it could have been an absolute humiliation.

For some reason though I found it less depressing to watch than some of the gutless displays under Souness/Roeder/Allardyce. Possibly because I have no expectations apart from regular thrashings this season. Spirit seems good which is something, Carrol looked a handful. I thought Guti was better than Routledge, neither can produce a final ball but Jonas seemed to want the ball a bit more. Smith and Nolan and Perch have nothing to offer at this level -Perch is looking a disaster

Thoughts after last night:

1. Fat Mike HAS to spend some money if we are to have any chance of survival

2. We desperately need a striker

3. James Perch is miles out of his depth

4. Shola is still shit.

5. We desperately need to work on our off ball movements.

6. Plastic Cockney Mancs are even worse when pissed up - stupid cunt was running round the pub singing "Ryan Giggs" to the Robin Hood tune and actually going up to people are shouting it in his ear. Thankfully someone else told him to fuck off.

As for the comments on Enrique, I agree he looked a shadow of the player we had last season - hope it's just a one off.

There was a moment in the second half where Jonas had the ball on the wing and had O'Shea to beat. He had Enrique in close attendance but not only did O'Shea get the ball, he beat the pair of them with ease.

The other thing is our fitness. We looked absolutely fucked after about an hour - you'd have thought we'd played half a season already the way some of them were labouring.

Agreed. With a creative (and more importantly mobile) second/split striker or attacking midfielder we’d cause far more problems. Nolan was out at sea last night, the game really passed him by because primarily he isn’t mobile enough. Secondly when he goes forward doesn’t carry enough of an attacking threat. Bartons passing for the most part was quite good but he’s still prone to the odd ghastly howler. Smith did fairly well considering. Enrique didn’t do bad against the wide players, but made an awful rick for the first goal.

For my money our best player was Williamson. Thought he got his vastly more experienced partner out of several scrapes. Looks a good player and wasn’t fearful of the utd forwards. Collocini was on and off, the second goal was typical of him, (i.e. use your left leg to block, you daft sod). Perch looks eager but nowhere near good enough A fish out of water indeed!).

Edited by canofbeans

Barton is a twat, and I don't like his "woe is me" attitude, but which other players get a write-up dedicated to them like this because they received a booking?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...s-notebook.html

Dick.

Tell you what, if he's not going to shave that thing off until we win he could end up looking like a fucking yeti.

Looks like Mandleson at the moment!

In the cold light of day it's the same shit team of two seasons ago minus the good players with barely good enough or down right shit replacements.

As I suspected the much vaunted "team spirit" of last year was actually just a case of how shit the other championship teams were.

In the cold light of day it's the same shit team of two seasons ago minus the good players with barely good enough or down right shit replacements.

As I suspected the much vaunted "team spirit" of last year was actually just a case of how shit the other championship teams were.

Surprised you can sit on a chair with your knee jerking like that

Honestly what were the doom preachers in here expecting last night? Were a promoted team who were playing man u away from home. Were any of you expecting different? Was anyone expecting something other than a tough season this year?

Honestly what were the doom preachers in here expecting last night? Were a promoted team who were playing man u away from home. Were any of you expecting different? Was anyone expecting something other than a tough season this year?

I didn't expect anything else but why should that stop me from calling it as I see it?

We may do better against shit teams but I don't see the point of hope - only a club sale would change that.

I quite agree like. It was a poor display (I think what made it annoying was Man Utd coasting to what could've been an even bigger win without having to try really) but I thought there were some promising signs too. I'd like to see Steven Taylor back and installed at RB and a fit Campbell alongside Williamson. Then if you got the Guthrie in the side (plus a bit of flair like Ben Arfa) then things aren't quite as gloomy as people are makng out. I thought Carroll caused problems and did quite well (despite missing the sitter). Obviously it'll be a hard season.

I was pleasantly surprised how well we did to be honest. There is a lot of hope there. With a few additions I think we could go on a decent run.

Yeah we could do. We still have a few out injured which need to come back in too.

I quite agree like. It was a poor display (I think what made it annoying was Man Utd coasting to what could've been an even bigger win without having to try really) but I thought there were some promising signs too. I'd like to see Steven Taylor back and installed at RB and a fit Campbell alongside Williamson. Then if you got the Guthrie in the side (plus a bit of flair like Ben Arfa) then things aren't quite as gloomy as people are makng out. I thought Carroll caused problems and did quite well (despite missing the sitter). Obviously it'll be a hard season.

Without being completely Mr 360 I accept some of that - some signs were good but I felt that was more them not being at their peak (which was why it was a good fixture time) but with a bit of half-decent play as well.

My worry is that in some respects it wasn't different to two seasons ago - I never felt that team was completely shit and at times played some decent stuff as they did last night but defensive mistakes and a lack of cutting edge cost us dear - and that was part of last night's story. Especially when everybody seems to think that last year somehow proved Collocini and Enrique were suddenly world beaters.

Maybe 2 or 3 players could fix it - I don't know enough about Ben Arfa or the other couple of links and I'm quite happy to see Campbell in but having garbage like Shola and Xisco on the bench does not suggest any depth (Guthrie and Lovenkrands not withstanding).

We need a creative player in the center of midfield, or to play instead of Nolan behind striker when 451. Carroll wins a lot of the ball, but playing direct doesn't work with a lone striker. I really worry that he cannot provide us with the goals we need this season. Definately need a new striker. I just think that when we play 451, we shud have a pacey striker instead and play to feet and along the deck. Carroll will work when 442, and there's someone running onto it. Ben Arfa will be perfect to come in for Nolan, bringing creativity. Barton/smith/Nolan all have similar traits, in that tonight they stuck the challeges in, got behind the ball. But all lack the attacking mentality on the break.

See if CH plays a real 442 at home to Villa.

Without being completely Mr 360 I accept some of that - some signs were good but I felt that was more them not being at their peak (which was why it was a good fixture time) but with a bit of half-decent play as well.

My worry is that in some respects it wasn't different to two seasons ago - I never felt that team was completely shit and at times played some decent stuff as they did last night but defensive mistakes and a lack of cutting edge cost us dear - and that was part of last night's story. Especially when everybody seems to think that last year somehow proved Collocini and Enrique were suddenly world beaters.

Maybe 2 or 3 players could fix it - I don't know enough about Ben Arfa or the other couple of links and I'm quite happy to see Campbell in but having garbage like Shola and Xisco on the bench does not suggest any depth (Guthrie and Lovenkrands not withstanding).

That's my view too but I'm trying to be a bit positive too (as I think we are more organised and have a better spirit than last time - it would be hard not to be admittedly). I agree the lack of depth is a big problem (or to be pedantic - the depth is there but the quality isn't, i.e. loads of strikers but arguably one or two at the most are anywhere near good enough). I'm also coming at it from the point of view of low aims/expectations/being more than happy with coming about 8th bottom.

Steven Taylor at right back would get murdered in this league. Nowhere near quick enough, nor good enough on the ball....

against the real shite teams of course he'd be ok. but against the top 10 sides he'd be out of his depth. reckon a fit campbell alongside williamson would be a good partnership though.

Where was Lovenkrands?

The first goal was all down to Jonas if you ask me. Turned it over far too easily when he should have been protecting it. Can't really blame Enrique for that IMO.

Steven Taylor at right back would get murdered in this league. Nowhere near quick enough, nor good enough on the ball....

against the real shite teams of course he'd be ok. but against the top 10 sides he'd be out of his depth. reckon a fit campbell alongside williamson would be a good partnership though.

That always would've been my view but, as I've said in another thread recently, he played well there (including up against C. Ronaldo) over a period of games after Xmas two seasons ago. So, that disproves that really.

Simon Bird is going on about the double standards where Barton is being hammered for his one bad challenge on Nani whilst Scholes is getting away without criticism for the multiple dangerous lunges he made throughout the game.

He's not wrong like.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
We need a creative player in the center of midfield, or to play instead of Nolan behind striker when 451. Carroll wins a lot of the ball, but playing direct doesn't work with a lone striker. I really worry that he cannot provide us with the goals we need this season. Definately need a new striker. I just think that when we play 451, we shud have a pacey striker instead and play to feet and along the deck. Carroll will work when 442, and there's someone running onto it. Ben Arfa will be perfect to come in for Nolan, bringing creativity. Barton/smith/Nolan all have similar traits, in that tonight they stuck the challeges in, got behind the ball. But all lack the attacking mentality on the break.

See if CH plays a real 442 at home to Villa.

Nee chance. Blackpool at home and that'll be it.

Last nights game was exactly as I expected but it doesn't make me feel any better today. We desperately need Ben Arfa for Villa. I can't believe someone thought Smith had a good game, he is finished I will rejoice when he's no longer a Newcastle player, his only good tackle of the game came after he lost possession easily. If people found it difficult to accept we are probably the 18th best team in this division, I think it's a lot easier this morning. Man Utd didn't even play well which is what frustrated me, they were spraying their pants over their second half performance, they weren't that good, they were just playing against a shit team who were happy at getting out of their with only 3 conceded. Hughton before the game said that "no one expects us to get anything here" and " as long as we leave with our pride intact and give a good account of ourselves I'll be happy", so basically his message to the fans and perhaps the players, we're going to lose, but it won't be too bad as long as we keep it down.

:lol::(:)

The 'Scholes can't tackle' thing is one of biggest cliches in football. He gets away with murder because he's such a good footballer and looks about 13. He's a dirty bastard who knows exactly what he's doing.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
The 'Scholes can't tackle' thing is one of biggest cliches in football. He gets away with murder because he's such a good footballer and looks about 13. He's a dirty bastard who knows exactly what he's doing.

They all do that good footballers who are past it, again Scholes wasn't that good as people are saying he was last night. It even creeped in to Beardsley's game at the end of his career. They turn in to dirty bastards, see it time and time again.