Steven Taylor Transfer Listed

Guest Tuco Ramirez

i can see ashley getting rid and not replacing him. don't mind him going if he's relaced with better quality. but will that happen?

we're still a striker and midfielder short imo and we could be on the verge of dispatching a centre back that can also probably cover right back better than either perch or simpson.

Campbell, Colocini, Williamson, Perch and Kadar can all play CB so it's not our weakest position.

not our strongest either when you look at that lot

Where do we have more strength in depth then?

Midfield, without question..

I don't particularly agree but 'midfield' isn't a specific position anyway.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can see ashley getting rid and not replacing him. don't mind him going if he's relaced with better quality. but will that happen?

we're still a striker and midfielder short imo and we could be on the verge of dispatching a centre back that can also probably cover right back better than either perch or simpson.

Campbell, Colocini, Williamson, Perch and Kadar can all play CB so it's not our weakest position.

do we have strength in depth anywhere? i don't think we can afford to lose any senior players really, unless they're replaced with better quality.

easy to get carried away when you've just won a game no on fancied you to six nowt but i still reckon we're in for a long hard slog. of a season. taylor isn't the greatest, but he's a senior defender. i'd put him above perch, kadar and possibly campbell (until we see if he loses his love handles and gets his pre-honeymoon form back)

do we have strength in depth anywhere? i don't think we can afford to lose any senior players really, unless they're replaced with better quality.

easy to get carried away when you've just won a game no on fancied you to six nowt but i still reckon we're in for a long hard slog. of a season. taylor isn't the greatest, but he's a senior defender. i'd put him above perch, kadar and possibly campbell (until we see if he loses his love handles and gets his pre-honeymoon form back)

That didn't answer my question tbh.

my answer is i don't think we're strong in any department so can't afford to lose a senior player, despite him not being as good as he thinks he is.

when he's fit, he's almost certainly in the starting 11.

Edited by Dr Gloom

ya sorry CM - Barton, Nolan, Guthrie, Tiote, Smith, Perch (apparently)

my answer is i don't think we're strong in any department so can't afford to lose a senior player, despite him not being as good as he thinks he is.

Yes, but that doesnt mean he gets an open chequebook. He has to be paid within the current system. Whatever that is. Last thing we want is one player being singled out and breaking the mould, pissing off the rest of the squad.

my answer is i don't think we're strong in any department so can't afford to lose a senior players, despite him not being as good as he thinks he is.

Fair points but I think it probably is our strongest position. You said it wasn't which inferred we were stronger elsewhere which is why I was asking where that might be. I don't think he'll be a particular miss tbh. He certainly wasn't last season where his injury probably did us a favour in getting in a better player in the shape of Williamson. Hopefully this'll have a similar end result. I'm not his no. 1 in case you hadn't noticed.

ACM or DCM?

:)

Cd is reletively our strongest postion. We've got any amount who can play there, I'd like to see more of Kadar when the opp arises, impressed me the few times I've seen him.

Look forward to the next few years and

Vukic

Kadar

Carroll

All in the first team and all on sensible wages.

Yes, but that doesnt mean he gets an open chequebook. He has to be paid within the current system. Whatever that is. Last thing we want is one player being singled out and breaking the mould, pissing off the rest of the squad.

i agree. he's being daft asking for £60k, if that's true.

i guess his agent reckons he can get him close to what other senior players like smith and barton are on but if's he had any sense he'drealise that the new owner isn't going to pay anything like the old regime did.

ACM or DCM?

:)

is Viana a DCM?

i guess his agent reckons he can get him close to what other senior players like smith and barton are on but if's he had any sense he'drealise that the new owner isn't going to pay anything like the old regime did.

Both signed by the new regime so don't blame Shepherd for their wages.

For £60k he can fuck off. Greedy little prick.

I think we all know who wins in the Taylor vs Carroll battle.

Number 9 + Hat trick = Taylors dummy spat.

He's knowhere near the player he thinkls he is & he'd struggle to get the offered £40k at most clubs.

were they? i stand corrected...thought they were fat fred's parting gift.

He's a bit of a Glen Johnson of a defender.. But i imagine his stock will rise with a good manager...

that's my worry. if we let him go, he's bound to turn into a full england international. would be typical - look how good milner became after he left us.

were they? i stand corrected...thought they were fat fred's parting gift.

Aye, and there was a delay over Barton signing, because he wanted his 'loyalty bonus'. Man City wouldn't pay it so we paid an extra half a million, thereby effectively paying it for them. So it's quite ironic how tight he's become since because he was pouring money down the drain in terms of wages etc. when he first took over. Fat Sam's pay-off is another example.

Edited by alex