Steven Taylor Transfer Listed

Guest Tuco Ramirez

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 24 he has years ahead of him as a central defender.

In a half decent back four and midfield, with the coach he never had here, he may well turn out to be a steady player. Good luck to him.

He's had loads of coaches here. A lot of them were centre halves too.

At 24 he has years ahead of him as a central defender.

In a half decent back four and midfield, with the coach he never had here, he may well turn out to be a steady player. Good luck to him.

:)

I think Taylor is a pretty decent centre back to be honest, think his attitude and shenanigans make a lot of people want to believe he's worse than he is

All based on his performances from me. I've never actually rated him. I think he's a fucking cheat to his team mates which is why he could often be found sweeping behind Given instead of marking his man half the time. He did well last year though and at RB the season before.

fair enough, he's certainly prone to errors, still reckon he could develop into a Carragher style defender with time providing he can stay fit.

Needs to lose the iPhone.

Anyone catch Hughtons comments after the game? A club decision, he wants him to stay and name him in his 25, but it's between the club and the players representatives.

Yeah, exactly what i was expecting, Hughton obviously rates Taylor and doesn't want his squad weakened, but he knows that wages and contracts are nothing to do with him, so nothing else he can do.

Interesting post match interview.

Club decision to transfer list him. CH wants to keep him.

He even went as far as to suggest it was a club decision over who was on the 25 squad. Reckon that was a slip of the tongue mind.

It was a bit of an irrelevant question mind - given the size of our squad.

Taylor wants to stay and Hughton wants to keep him. :)

We are doing well at CB to be fair so if we lose him it's not the end of the world.

Williamson coming good is a spot of luck mind.

If he does actually want to stay it's a pretty obvious piece of propaganda from the club putting this transfer listing bollocks up in the hope that he will sign their contract offer.

If he's actually on the way out it could be their way of softening the blow.

At this stage in the season I think it would be foolish to lose him as it's at best unlikely that we have any sort of replacement lined up. Anyone that we would bring in would be a last minute 'he'll do' sort of signing which much more often than not doesn't come off.

Do I think Coloccini, Williamson, Campbell and Kadar are enough cover at centre back? Not really. Simpson and Perch can play there at a pinch, but that's not something I want to have to see this season.

I doubt the 60k figure being bandied about is true, but if it is someone needs to deflate his head (again).

Edited by OzToonFan

I dunno, I'm inclined to believe he either wants away or wants a massive raise, so he's put himself in a win/win situation by making a silly take it or leave it demand. If we could sell him now for decent money and reinvest that in the team, it's not so bad.

He's not going to get a move away and a massive raise. No way in the world.

Club won't let him leave for cheap - anything less than 6 million and they're better off hanging onto him for the season IMO.

Noone buying at this late stage will be paying wages over what he gets here, if they do then they've got more dollars than sense.

Statements today saying the £60K figure in the press is incorrect (from the Taylor camp). Tbf I woulnt put it past the club at all to leak this kind of rumour to turn fans against the player and take flak away from them.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Newcastle hoping to keep want away striker

Aug 26 2010 by Our Correspondent, Liverpool Echo

NEWCASTLE boss Chris Hughton has confirmed he hopes to keep Steven Taylor at the club despite the defender being on the transfer list.

The Magpies will listen to offers for Taylor having thus far failed to reach an agreement with the 24-year-old over a new contract.

A statement released on behalf of the player indicated he was disappointed by the news and wished to continue negotiations, and Hughton, speaking after Newcastle United’s 3-2 victory at Accrington in the Carling Cup, insisted he wants Taylor to stay.

“I think most know that it is a club decision to put him on the transfer list,” Hughton said.

“His contract talks have broken down between himself, his representatives and the club but that is something we hope can be resolved.

“He is a player that we would certainly like to keep here at the football club.

“I think there are always going to be things that test us and there will always be other issues, but the important thing is that Steven is a player we would like to see at this football club. He is a very good player and certainly I hope an agreement can be made.”

Taylor, who is sidelined with a shoulder injury, was amongst a host of Newcastle first-team players who did not feature against Accrington.

Hughton named an entirely different starting line-up from the one which had beaten Aston Villa 6-0 on Saturday, with Shola Ameobi captaining a side which featured youngsters James Tavernier, Tamas Kadar, Shane Ferguson, Ryan Donaldson andalso Kazenga LuaLua.

League Two outfit Stanley battled well against their Premier League opponents and went in level at the break after a wonderful effort from Ray Putterill cancelled out Ryan Taylor’s equally impressive opener.

But the Magpies moved two goals ahead in the second half thanks to finishes from Ameobi and Peter Lovenkrands before Sean Hessey’s late consolation for the hosts.

“It was the tough game that we thought it would be,” Hughton said.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/amate...00252-27140133/

Such a knowledgable support and media the scousers have...

Newcastle hoping to keep want away striker

Aug 26 2010 by Our Correspondent, Liverpool Echo

NEWCASTLE boss Chris Hughton has confirmed he hopes to keep Steven Taylor at the club despite the defender being on the transfer list.

The Magpies will listen to offers for Taylor having thus far failed to reach an agreement with the 24-year-old over a new contract.

A statement released on behalf of the player indicated he was disappointed by the news and wished to continue negotiations, and Hughton, speaking after Newcastle United’s 3-2 victory at Accrington in the Carling Cup, insisted he wants Taylor to stay.

“I think most know that it is a club decision to put him on the transfer list,” Hughton said.

“His contract talks have broken down between himself, his representatives and the club but that is something we hope can be resolved.

“He is a player that we would certainly like to keep here at the football club.

“I think there are always going to be things that test us and there will always be other issues, but the important thing is that Steven is a player we would like to see at this football club. He is a very good player and certainly I hope an agreement can be made.”

Taylor, who is sidelined with a shoulder injury, was amongst a host of Newcastle first-team players who did not feature against Accrington.

Hughton named an entirely different starting line-up from the one which had beaten Aston Villa 6-0 on Saturday, with Shola Ameobi captaining a side which featured youngsters James Tavernier, Tamas Kadar, Shane Ferguson, Ryan Donaldson andalso Kazenga LuaLua.

League Two outfit Stanley battled well against their Premier League opponents and went in level at the break after a wonderful effort from Ray Putterill cancelled out Ryan Taylor’s equally impressive opener.

But the Magpies moved two goals ahead in the second half thanks to finishes from Ameobi and Peter Lovenkrands before Sean Hessey’s late consolation for the hosts.

“It was the tough game that we thought it would be,” Hughton said.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/amate...00252-27140133/

Such a knowledgable support and media the scousers have...

Judging by their general inability to construct a sentence (or at least the members of the board here that are liverpoo supporters (or at least kockhead....). then this is hardly unbelievable.

Billy Big Bollocks who's believed his own hype. I expect he'll get away with a slagging from the general hordes on the basis that he's lercal. I think I just more annoyed by this becuase of the fawning 'Mr Newcastle United' tripe we've heard him spew the past few years. He'll bleed black and white alright, as long as you give him £60 grand a week. That's football nowadays though, sad but true.

I think Taylor is a pretty decent centre back to be honest, think his attitude and shenanigans make a lot of people want to believe he's worse than he is

All based on his performances from me. I've never actually rated him. I think he's a fucking cheat to his team mates which is why he could often be found sweeping behind Given instead of marking his man half the time. He did well last year though and at RB the season before.

fair enough, he's certainly prone to errors, still reckon he could develop into a Carragher style defender with time providing he can stay fit.

Carragher's hard though whereas he's a tart.