Allotment Being Taken Over!

wykikitoon

I've got a tiny allotment on Godwin St that was once my grandfathers and whilst not particularly wonderful soil it is next to the water trough and it does me alright. The problem being when my grandfather became ill it was a little neglected and it wasn't as well kept as the others, we'd still tend to it but it wasn't tended to on a daily basis, since then I've been trying my best to get it up to the same standard as the others but to be honest I don't have the means and resources others do (sheds, tools etc). Now the neighboring plot is quite the opposite, its quite impressive even if I do (through clenched teeth) say so. The problem being my neighboring allotmenteer has taken to encroaching on my plot, he's an utter sanctimonious tosser and keeps moving his bloody rope out essentially he's trying to take over my pitch. I've tried talking to the council but it appears he's got friends there (he gives them veg) so they won't act in my defense, any suggestions?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a tiny allotment on Godwin St that was once my grandfathers and whilst not particularly wonderful soil it is next to the water trough and it does me alright. The problem being when my grandfather became ill it was a little neglected and it wasn't as well kept as the others, we'd still tend to it but it wasn't tended to on a daily basis, since then I've been trying my best to get it up to the same standard as the others but to be honest I don't have the means and resources others do (sheds, tools etc). Now the neighboring plot is quite the opposite, its quite impressive even if I do (through clenched teeth) say so. The problem being my neighboring allotmenteer has taken to encroaching on my plot, he's an utter sanctimonious tosser and keeps moving his bloody rope out essentially he's trying to take over my pitch. I've tried talking to the council but it appears he's got friends there (he gives them veg) so they won't act in my defense, any suggestions?

Sounds like a Pinter play.

What you want to do wyki is communicate with the council via letters and/or emails as phonecalls are no good in terms of keeping records. You also want to get plans with the location, dimensions, etc. as Chez says (there must be records of this sort of thing) and take photographic evidence to any encroachments you think he is making. Do it all surreptitiously though as he sounds like a bit of a vindictive cunt.

You want to get yourself a gallon of plant killer and spray over his entire patch. Then cut a hole in empty said container and wear it on your head while reading a paper and smoking a cigar as you sit on your patch.

Does the allotment not come with a plan of its size & dimensions?

That is a thread killing post. :)

Fine.

Pay Wacky to provide security, give him a red coat, white hat and fishing rod as uniform.

:)

isn’t that unusual for the Council to be the ones who send out letters.

usually it’s from some petty twat on the committee. Is there a committee on your allotments?

Find out who they are and ask them innocently (but in a subtle shit stirring way) what can be done.

If no success send them a letter and copy it to the Council.

The Council getting paid off with veggies, seriously??????

Apparently there's a lot of politics that interplays between the allotment tennants, community centre / tennis court users and bowling green club at Springfield Park in Forest Hall. I shit you not :)

Went down tongiht, no sign.

Spoke to another bloke, said hes had issues with him, as a lot of the other people have.

Good move. Build a united front and then hand out pitchforks and fire.

Went down tongiht, no sign.

Spoke to another bloke, said hes had issues with him, as a lot of the other people have.

Good move. Build a united front and then hand out pitchforks and fire.

:)

I contacted the council and did snow serious digging, turns out that he is the exfinance director and was given the allotment a far few years ago after a particularly nasty incident which meant that he had to move house, whilst I feel sorry for the fella he is being a complete arse now, I'm not going to give up my family plot as I'm committed to it working, why the he'll should I just because he wants to oust me?