Religion

Christmas Tree

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was rather repulsed watching the mass of Susan Boyle lookalikes reaching the heights of ecstasy and rapture and bawling out the hellish sounds of christian hymns sung by tone deaf elderly virgins. I happened upon an article afterward that mentioned the drop in attendance from 300,000 during PJP's visit to the 65,000 yesterday, so there is reason for encouragement. Disappointed that there have not been more protests, or people just generally kicking off, but at least that's something. I'll be glad when this fascist crackpot leaves my country, hopefully he'll croak before he steps foot on these shores again.

I was rather repulsed watching the mass of Susan Boyle lookalikes reaching the heights of ecstasy and rapture and bawling out the hellish sounds of christian hymns sung by tone deaf elderly virgins. I happened upon an article afterward that mentioned the drop in attendance from 300,000 during PJP's visit to the 65,000 yesterday, so there is reason for encouragement. Disappointed that there have not been more protests, or people just generally kicking off, but at least that's something. I'll be glad when this fascist crackpot leaves my country, hopefully he'll croak before he steps foot on these shores again.

I was one of the 300,000 at Bellahouston last time round, I can vaguely just remember it was mass hysteria. I'm glad there has been no protests tbh but also glad that attendances have spoken volumes. Better to keep a dignified silence to avoid the ridiculous accusation of being a 'militant secularist'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11346001

Five arrrests by counter terrorism police "in relation to a potential threat to the Pope".

Is it terrorism if you're specifically targeting one bloke?

I don't see why assassination and terrorism would be mutually exclusive?

Obviously we don't know anything about this specific case yet, but there's a bit of a debate about anti-terror laws being used and abused when trying to detain other types of criminal.

I disagree strongly on keeping silent as this is in my view a criminal matter. For decades the victims of the church have been silenced and I cannot stand to see this organisation being celebrated after systematically harbouring child torturers and terrorists from due process so as to save the reputation, power and influence of the church in society. Nothing would please me more than to see Ratzinger confronted by those victims. He will probably meet some preselected victims who are still members of the church and give them an empty, insulting apology, though he would never bend his infallible will to allow criminal justice. Keeping silent to avoid being derided by the papal hierarchy? Not for me, bring it on. Hate the cunts, at least the Taliban are more honest and open in their goals and beliefs.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Five arrrests by counter terrorism police "in relation to a potential threat to the Pope".

Obviously we don't know anything about this specific case yet, but there's a bit of a debate about anti-terror laws being used and abused when trying to detain other types of criminal.

Surely a plot to murder a foreign head of state on UK soil is an act of terrorism?

Surely a plot to murder a foreign head of state on UK soil is an act of terrorism?

The point is, the way police have used these powers, it could involve a "plot" to try and arrest him for a private prosecution - I doubt its a case of "murder".

it could involve a "plot" to try and arrest him for a private prosecution

What?

Climate change protesters have been arrested using anti-terror laws - as have photographers and general people who get in the police's way - using those laws does not prove anything imo.

Do you really think the establishment would let anyone try and arrest him?

Fucking joke how he's considered a head of state for the purposes of this visit btw. I know he is, technically, and don't have a problem with a visit by him but it's really just ridiculous giving him a full state visit with the expense, etc. it entails.

it could involve a "plot" to try and arrest him for a private prosecution

What?

Climate change protesters have been arrested using anti-terror laws - as have photographers and general people who get in the police's way - using those laws does not prove anything imo.

Do you really think the establishment would let anyone try and arrest him?

Who could arrest him? Apart from the police.

And is it terrorism if it's not terrorism? Depends which paper you read...

http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2010/09/...uslim-plot.html

As a postscript to his Atheism/Nazi remarks, I was reading last night that two types of books that were definitely banned in Germany were any books on evolution icluding On the Origin of Species and also any book which criticised Christianity.

I get the impression the Pope thinks its still the Middle ages and the only source of knowledge is the Church - someone should tell him about t'internet.

As a postscript to his Atheism/Nazi remarks, I was reading last night that two types of books that were definitely banned in Germany were any books on evolution icluding On the Origin of Species and also any book which criticised Christianity.

I get the impression the Pope thinks its still the Middle ages and the only source of knowledge is the Church - someone should tell him about t'internet.

As far as I know the only post-enlightenment author that wasn't banned was Mann, and that's only because he won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1928 (might have been 1929) and it would of reflected badly on Germany as a nation.

Its not so much he thinks its the middle ages, its that he wants it to be once more, well preferably the dark ages. He wants all of us to be incapable of reading or writing so we have the church decide everything and control the poplulous whilst having all the wealth as well. Keep the minorities, gays and women etc down where he thinks they belong and make sure science, thinking and independent thought are kept from progressing at all. And allow priests to molest whoever they want, whenever they want!

I noticed he also criticised "social consensus" in relation to anything relating to rights that goes against church teaching - progess and democracy is what I'd call it.

He was telling the political leaders to make decisions based on his antiquated load of bollocks as well wasn't he, if they ever do they want sacking on the spot. I remember a while back there was some vote in the commons and there was a bishop telling the catholic politicians (on all sides) to vote with their religious conscience (it was either a scientific advance or the abortion time limit i think) and if any of them did i'd have them out of a job in a second. I don't ever want the country having decisions made based on some 2000 year old novel, they're paid to do what's best for the country and nothing more.

He was telling the political leaders to make decisions based on his antiquated load of bollocks as well wasn't he, if they ever do they want sacking on the spot. I remember a while back there was some vote in the commons and there was a bishop telling the catholic politicians (on all sides) to vote with their religious conscience (it was either a scientific advance or the abortion time limit i think) and if any of them did i'd have them out of a job in a second. I don't ever want the country having decisions made based on some 2000 year old novel, they're paid to do what's best for the country and nothing more.

JFK had to make a point when he was elected saying he wouldn't look to the Vatican or his faith when making decisions. I'd liked to have asked Ruth Kelly and others to make the same pledge in the UK - something I think she would have failed on.

JFK had to make a point when he was elected saying he wouldn't look to the Vatican or his faith when making decisions. I'd liked to have asked Ruth Kelly and others to make the same pledge in the UK - something I think she would have failed on.

Ruth Kelly had to be sacked the day she was asked the question about having a problem with gay people (when her job included issues on minorities) because of her mental opus dai beliefs and she wouldn't deny it. Then again wasn't it her who didn't get kicked out the government for releasing loads of paedophiles either, they just can't help themselves favouring child molesters.