NUST meltdown

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Pud, you and I have spoken about this and although I dont think I share the same views as some on here regarding what the direction of the NUST/C should be, I think we're all in agreement the current direction is wrong.

As I said - I'll sign back up if it will help to change things, if only to help vote out the current lot. But for now, as someone who no longer even lives in the area I dont feel there's much I can do and as a member I have no voice - so what's the point.

Its such a shame though because its going to make it really difficult for anyone else to try and pick this up even if the current board are voted out. People are so disenfranchised now that I feel it would be an uphill struggle for anyone to pick up.

I'd rather we reined in our expectations and ideas and concentrate on building a decent supporters club. Once we have that in place, perhaps a trust could/should follow. Little Acorns etc....

I think the fact that you don't have a voice at the moment is the very reason why you should sign back up and get them out. That's what we're fighting for.

I also don't think you should worry too much about differing opinions. When we first set up NUSC, I wrote an article in True Faith which said it was for all NUFC regardless if their views and opinions and that the members would shape the organisation. I still stand by that, that is what should be happening, everyone expressing their views and having a voice. And of course there's the you can't please all of the people all of the time addage with that, but that's inevitable in a democratic organisation and it's a million miles away from not having a voice or being able to get answers and no one (except those running it) being happy.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone from nust been on SSN / Look North / fivelive / talksport about the managerial situation yet?

I expect they're too busy examining the trust deed regarding disclosure requirements of membership numbers....

anybody who is coming along to the Comedy Night fancies an informal chat with members of the Trust board they will be available from 6.15pm- 7pm when they will be setting up the event

Perhaps they assume Tyne Tees/Sky/BBC etc will come to them for a comment on the situation then.

:drinks:

I just got another email off them about: their comedy night :drinks::D:o

I shit thee not.

Sent ; 12.43pm 08/12/2010

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

NEWCASTLE COMEDY NIGHT TICKETS

Tickets are almost sold out for the Comedy Night at Newcastle Labour Club this Thursday. Limited tickets are still available and we advise you to book them online here and they can then be picked up at the door on the night, alternatively tickets can still be bought at the Strawberry. On the night there should be tickets to buy on the door but in the event of it being a sellout we will put up that information on our website www.nust.org.uk.

Doors open at 7pm for the event with the action kicking off at 8pm, if anybody who is coming along to the Comedy Night fancies an informal chat with members of the Trust board they will be available from 6.15pm- 7pm when they will be setting up the event.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/nufctrust

Twitter: www.twitter.com/nufctrust

Email: enquiries@nust.org.uk

Youtube: www.youtube.com/nufctrust              

To make sure our email updates are delivered to your inbox, please add membership@nust.org.uk to your email address book or safe senders list

Our mailing address is:                                                             NUST Email Privacy Policy

Newcastle United Supporters Trust

PO Box 621

Newcastle Upon Tyne,England NE5 9AD

Copyright © 2010 Newcastle United Supporters Trust All rights reserved.

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust is the trading name of Newcastle United Supporters Society Limited, registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965-78.

Registration Number 30721R

Sent to ***************.com. Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Forward to a Friend

This one?

Good to see they have our interests at heart.

:razz:

anybody who is coming along to the Comedy Night fancies an informal chat with members of the Trust board they will be available from 6.15pm- 7pm when they will be setting up the event

Perhaps they assume Tyne Tees/Sky/BBC etc will come to them for a comment on the situation then.

:drinks:

Who's Mark Jensen?

You're a cunt.

I just got another email off them about: their comedy night :drinks::D:o

I shit thee not.

Sent ; 12.43pm 08/12/2010

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

NEWCASTLE COMEDY NIGHT TICKETS

Tickets are almost sold out for the Comedy Night at Newcastle Labour Club this Thursday. Limited tickets are still available and we advise you to book them online here and they can then be picked up at the door on the night, alternatively tickets can still be bought at the Strawberry. On the night there should be tickets to buy on the door but in the event of it being a sellout we will put up that information on our website www.nust.org.uk.

Doors open at 7pm for the event with the action kicking off at 8pm, if anybody who is coming along to the Comedy Night fancies an informal chat with members of the Trust board they will be available from 6.15pm- 7pm when they will be setting up the event.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/nufctrust

Twitter: www.twitter.com/nufctrust

Email: enquiries@nust.org.uk

Youtube: www.youtube.com/nufctrust              

To make sure our email updates are delivered to your inbox, please add membership@nust.org.uk to your email address book or safe senders list

Our mailing address is:                                                             NUST Email Privacy Policy

Newcastle United Supporters Trust

PO Box 621

Newcastle Upon Tyne,England NE5 9AD

Copyright © 2010 Newcastle United Supporters Trust All rights reserved.

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust is the trading name of Newcastle United Supporters Society Limited, registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965-78.

Registration Number 30721R

Sent to ***************.com. Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Forward to a Friend

This one?Good to see they have our interests at heart.

:razz:

Aye. JWTBH.

Thats another thing thats bugged me since they announced it.

No reduction in admission price for members, its just plain common sense

a ) you give your members the chance to buy tickets earlir and

b ) reward them financially for being members.

c ) give a reason for non-members to join up

But to continue on with promoting this when all hell is breaking loose around you and you're not commenting on the big story is just lunacy.

I wonder if they'll stop the comedians making comments towards the situation in case its seen as an official statement :drinks:

Might be a stupid question tbh, but can their not be a 'supporters club', who will actually act on things like the situation we're in now, aswell as supporters issues etc, alongside the Trust?

I know their still meant to be doing that, but basically, they aren't are they?

Might be a stupid question tbh, but can their not be a 'supporters club', who will actually act on things like the situation we're in now, aswell as supporters issues etc, alongside the Trust?

Splitter! ;)

I love the way that Hughton's dismissal plays second fiddle on the website to their story about their forthcoming comedy night.

Their aim is "Fans In" as apose to "Ashley Out" so they're petrified to the very core of upsetting the shitehawks in charge. I cant quite recall the time when the members decided they didnt want the FCC out of the club. I slightly remember about "Fans In" but the aim of the membership base has always been Ashley Out.

I love the way that Hughton's dismissal plays second fiddle on the website to their story about their forthcoming comedy night.

Their aim is "Fans In" as apose to "Ashley Out" so they're petrified to the very core of upsetting the shitehawks in charge. I cant quite recall the time when the members decided they didnt want the FCC out of the club. I slightly remember about "Fans In" but the aim of the membership base has always been Ashley Out.

This is why I never joined.

The aim should have always been about improving communication with the club, so would have an official voice.

This is why I never joined.

The aim should have always been about improving communication with the club, so would have an official voice.

Maybe I generalised that sentence too much, mate. The aim was to have fan representation and a voice within the club however that'll never happen whilst Ashley owns us. That was understood from day one for me, you just had to look at the contempt he showed to KK, Shearer etc to know how little he'd think of the fans view.

You're right in that not everyone agreed with some of the activities which were carried out by the then NUSC but they were for the benefit of it's supporters.

Anyway, the NUST's dead now ... The thread may aswell die along with it.

Absurd, truly absurd.

The beginning of NUSC came about the last time we were in a mess like this, this time they're choosing to ignore it? They can get to fuck.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

That's actually a pretty good question as it gets to the core of what is currently wrong with NUST in a lot of people's view.

There can be a 'supporter's club' running succesfully alongside an equivilent 'supporters trust'; Arsenal provide a very good example of this working extremely well.

http://www.arsenaltrust.org/

http://www.arsenalsupportersclub.co.uk/

Having two seperate organisations meant that their trust was able to (succesfully) focus solely on pursuing options to acquire a stake in the club while their supporters club got on with ground level fan issues.

Of course that doesn't mean that a supporters trust can't decide to do both with a good measure of success, either, as can be seen by the Manchester United Supporters Trust who have managed to acquire significant capital funding to purchase a stake with fantastic campaign of opposition to their present owners.

http://action.joinmust.org/index.php/blog

They're not any closer to actually getting a stake though, despite funds of over £1M banked and perhaps that's telling.

NUST is a lot younger than both of these groups and is sometimes apparently trying to cover miles in minutes leading to multiple crossroads with its identity. I personally believe that there is absolutely a need for a supporters trust pursuing a stake in the club but that there is also a need for legitimate fan representation that isn't just a fanzine talking head.

It may well be that Arsenal's model might be a good one for us to pursue. It would allow us to seperate the protest and the ground level fan issues from the long term aims of obtaining a stake in the club. At the same time the inevitable image of 'rabble rousers' needn't then be a concern to the Trust in pursuing the cooperation of key figures within the city.

There will of course be jokes about the Judean peoples front, etc, but that's why its important to have a clear and well set-out vision; something that has been lacking at NUST post elections. There is precedent to show that such a model can be succesful and satisfy all concerned. Maybe its worth NUST looking into...if indeed they arn't already doing so.

Worth raising at the AGM maybe...among numerous other things...

Edited by MichaelNUFC

I would agree with that Michael however two organisations doesnt benefit the Trust financially as much as one does. Regardless of the ifs and buts though the current problems at the Trust need to be sorted out otherwise we could end up with no Trust at all.