Goalkeepers

Deano

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question should be, who do you think was the catalyst for him leaving. Many think it was Given when in reality it wasn't.

I remember Given going spare after the hammering off Liverpool and was under the impression that was when he decided he wanted out. Nowt against the bloke if he did, he gave us his best years when he could've been winning trophies elsewhere.

I don't remember Given turning down too many offers from Manu/Arsenal.

Question should be, who do you think was the catalyst for him leaving. Many think it was Given when in reality it wasn't.

I remember Given going spare after the hammering off Liverpool and was under the impression that was when he decided he wanted out. Nowt against the bloke if he did, he gave us his best years when he could've been winning trophies elsewhere.

Had already been 'offered' to other clubs well before this date. The abject team performance combined with Ashley's insistence pre-match that he was staying and the club was no longer for sale tipped Shay over the edge.

Scratching around for a keeper is a dangerous situation. Last time we had a keeper crisis, we got 40 year Tommy The Barman, who did fuck all wrong to be fair.

There was also the return of Pav

Aye.

I seem to remember The Budgie coming back and playing for us for a game about 1995 at Man City, am I right or have I taken too many drugs this weekend?

Budgie came back in '93. Was on the bench for the Sheff Wed game where we wore the blue away kit (the Alex Mathie game). Pav had been sent off at Coventry and we had no cover for Tommy Wright at the time so in came Budgie.

In 1995 he was on our coaching staff when Man City had a goalkeeping crisis of their own and Budgie turned out for them, against us while he was still employed by us!!! Typical NUFC.

Was Budgie the one who got collared for selling knock off jeans to YTS kids from the boot of his car when he was at Darlo or Hartlepool or somewhere like that? He was supposed to be a bit of a mentalist.

Aye that's him. And he was fucking nuts. Anyone who remembers him playing for us will remember his warm-up antics :)

Was Budgie the one who got collared for selling knock off jeans to YTS kids from the boot of his car when he was at Darlo or Hartlepool or somewhere like that? He was supposed to be a bit of a mentalist.

Aye that's him. And he was fucking nuts. Anyone who remembers him playing for us will remember his warm-up antics :)

He was on a documentary practising his saves in bed. With his Mrs next to him reading her book :omgwank:

Aye that's him. And he was fucking nuts. Anyone who remembers him playing for us will remember his warm-up antics :lol:

He was on a documentary practising his saves in bed. With his Mrs next to him reading her book :lol:

He sat next to us at the 4 team tournament at SJP in 1992 involving Us, Boro, Sporting Lisbon and someone else who's name escapes me.

His wife was with him then and spent the entire time reading a book then as well.

He was wearing a hideous all in one army green cotton jumpsuit and spent the entire time criticising the Boro Goalkeeper, Hitchcock i think he was called.