Beer

shackbleep

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a cracking little pub that. I think that's the same turn off the A1 as my nanna's (but the other way).

I've found myself getting more into the lighter hoppier/IPA's as that's where the artisan breweries seem to have concentrated their work but if you do find a genuinely good dark beer it's always hard to beat, particularly Autumn/Winter months.

Aye, decent boozer but if you ever happen to be in or near that part of Durham, you should check out the Tap and Spile, one of my all time favourite, out of the way, proper real ale boozers;

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/12/...amwellgate_Moor

Not a huge fan of the hoppier summery beers myself, I can find them slightly cloying. I like a beer you can chew.

Having said that I enjoyed one of these the other night, was canny, even if I did feel like a nonce ordering it.

p338.jpg.scaled500.jpg

has this been mentioned ?

4463.jpg

PS, didn't realise the photo was so big :lol:

I like it. Being from Bedford, I can say it is better on a pump than in a bottle somehow. Charles Wells do something called Banana Bread Beer too, which does taste like all three things. It's quite nice. However, avoid their Eagle beer like bubonic plague. It is absolute shit, and I am not sure I have ever finished a pint. Worst beer I've ever had.

Nice? I love the Sam Smiths lager (both organic and non-organic). Currently half way through a bottle of Orval - the one alex recommends halfway up the page. Quality stuff - looks like an alcoholic's piss sample though.

Delirium_Nocturnum_Beer.jpg

A couple of these and you're quadraspazzed like. Probably knocks the fuck out of you more than Duvel.

I've even got the glass to go with. :lol: