crowds

Dr Gloom

41,915? that's a lot less than we were getting in most championship games last season. is this all to do with ashley's spaz decisions not to sell tickets to level 7 on the day? i noticed a lot of empty seats up there yesterday. i was hoping to get tickets on the door next home game i come up for. is it pretty much impossibke now?

41,915? that's a lot less than we were getting in most championship games last season. is this all to do with ashley's spaz decisions not to sell tickets to level 7 on the day? i noticed a lot of empty seats up there yesterday. i was hoping to get tickets on the door next home game i come up for. is it pretty much impossibke now?

The clubs decision to make level 7 season ticket or membership only has backfired totally, so far in our three home games there's been less in there than for any of the games last season in the 2nd division.

Also the 'no capital outlay' memo to the press was a masterpiece in how to put any waverers off. Some people obviously didn't like the idea of paying to watch us get stuffed most games at home, which is how the statement came across.

Still shocking like. Shows the level of apathy still directed at the club. But yes, the genius idea about L7 hardly helped though I noticed the usual patches in L7 Milburn as well.

Still shocking like. Shows the level of apathy still directed at the club . But yes, the genius idea about L7 hardly helped though I noticed the usual patches in L7 Milburn as well.

this is the reason why. He thinks he can drive up his profit levels too. Stupid fat prick.

Newcastle United boss Chris Hughton calls on supporters

Newcastle United manager Chris Hughton has called on the club's fanbase to maintain their level of support after Sunday's 2-1 home defeat by Stoke City.

A crowd of 41,915 were present at St James' Park and Hughton praised their efforts in lifting his players during a tough encounter.

"On a disappointing afternoon, the support was very good," Hughton told BBC Newcastle.

"We are going to need that because there will be even tougher games."

Newcastle's return to the Premier League after promotion from the Championship has been tempered by defeats by Blackpool and Stoke on home soil, despite impressive victories against Aston Villa and Everton.

And Hughton has pleaded for a realistic attitude from those associated with the club.

"We're a side that has just been promoted," Hughton added.

"What we've got to be able to do is bounce back from these bad results.

"There are going to be lots of ups and downs this season."

Not sure what he's on about exactly.

And a comment from a Man City fan on 606.

It's something that's often heard in respect to a promoted team's chances of staying in the premier league - "you need a good home form". And to be honest, with St James' Park housing 50,000 passionate geordies who almost bust the sound on my tv yesterday with their noise, this comment seems more applicable to you guys than most.

:lol:

Probably one of the quietest crowds I have heard as well. You could hear a pin drop at times. Even the level 7 lads were mute for most the match.

The atmosphere was shit. The football on show certainly didn't help.

The knobhead charvas are back in Level 7 anyway. They just buy tickets elsewhere and migrate five minutes before kick off, insisting on squeezing themselves onto the backrow leaving everyone else very uncomfortable. The bright sparks also started singing that slightly dodgy Adebayor song about Jones which would've been offensive if the line "his Dad washes elephants" wasn't laced with unintentional comedy. He's from Trinidad, not Africa you stupid cunts :lol:

I think they're talking about the period after Stoke got their first, the volume from the crowd really did improve greatly. The game was stretched and the chances were coming so the crowd were spurred into life, which no doubt spurred the players on some more. But aside from that period it was fairly quiet (the parts I managed to see anyway).

Still shocking like. Shows the level of apathy still directed at the club. But yes, the genius idea about L7 hardly helped though I noticed the usual patches in L7 Milburn as well.

Don't think it's anything to do with our club alone, it's the same almost everywhere, more like apathy directed towards football.

Ive had a look compared to last year (this year avg/last)

1 - Man United - 75,165 / 74,864

2 - Arsenal - 59,977 / 59,927

3 - Man City - 46,178 / 45,512

4 - Newcastle - 45,019 / 43,388

5 - Liverpool- 43,180 / 42,863

6 - Chelsea - 41,427 / 41,422

7 - Sunderland - 38,650 / 40,355

8 - Everton - 37,447 / 36,752

9 - Tottenham - 35,656 / 35,794

10 - Aston Villa - 35,328 / 38,573

So really there isnt a great change. Only Villa and sunderland really down

Ive had a look compared to last year (this year avg/last)

1 - Man United - 75,165 / 74,864

2 - Arsenal - 59,977 / 59,927

3 - Man City - 46,178 / 45,512

4 - Newcastle - 45,019 / 43,388

5 - Liverpool- 43,180 / 42,863

6 - Chelsea - 41,427 / 41,422

7 - Sunderland - 38,650 / 40,355

8 - Everton - 37,447 / 36,752

9 - Tottenham - 35,656 / 35,794

10 - Aston Villa - 35,328 / 38,573

So really there isnt a great change. Only Villa and sunderland really down

Be interested to see the other teams (Bolton, Blackburn etc) as whenever I see a TV game there's a marked number of empty seats around. Impressions can be deceiving I guess.

I might be wrong but I thought our crowds got progressively better last year. I see the reverse happening this season. As for Bolton, Blackburn, etc. they've had shite crowds for ages haven't they?

Here you go

Team - This years Avg / Last years Avg

11 - West Ham - 33,245 / 33,863

12 - Wolves - 27,702 / 28,365

13 - Stoke City - 26,723 / 27,162

14 - Fulham - 25,507 / 23,909

15 - Blackburn - 24,895 / 25,428

16 - Birmingham - 23,637 / 25,426

17 - West Brom - 23,442 / 22,119

18 - Bolton - 20,805 / 21,800

19 - Blackpool - 15,715 / 11,684

20 - Wigan - 15,499 / 18,006

Marginal movement apart from maybe Birmingham and Wigan.

I might be wrong but I thought our crowds got progressively better last year. I see the reverse happening this season. As for Bolton, Blackburn, etc. they've had shite crowds for ages haven't they?

38k usual for mid week games and 43/44k usual for weekend games. This until last few games 48, 47 & 52K

I dont think that 41,000 on a sunday when its on the box isnt too bad. Crowds in general are on the decrease. I know personally Im sick of fucking sunday games, I hate them. No-one wants to be there and the atmosphere is shit. Plus Stokes pitful away following added to the gate size. Away support is disppearing in general. ticket prices, people being skint and shit KO times means away support is on the wane. Apart from the scum, Man U, Man city, bindippers, Spurs and Arsenal, I be very surprised if our away end at St james is full.

Edited by SCOREBOARD1

I dont think that 41,000 on a sunday when its on the box isnt too bad. Crowds in general are on the decrease. I know personally Im sick of fucking sunday games, I hate them. No-one wants to be there and the atmosphere is shit. Plus Stokes pitful away following added to the gate size. Away support is disppearing in general. ticket prices, people being skint and shit KO times means away support is on the wane. Apart from the scum, Man U, Man city, bindippers, Spurs and Arsenal, I be very surprised if our away end at St james is full.

Hear, hear. I was in such a bad mood yesterday before the match even started :lol:

Seems to be the overall feeling but the figures I just posted show otherwise. At least compared to last year.

Seems to be the overall feeling but the figures I just posted show otherwise. At least compared to last year.

Yeah fair play mate, I just feel people are fed-up of football. I know im just sick of shit kick-off times. I dont want to go to the match on a fucking sunday at 4pm or a monday night. I want to go at 3pm on saturday and be able to have a few jars. To be honest I think home games are shit, I just cant get up for them anymore. Id rather just go away nowadays.