Your christmas rituals.

Park Life

Best Christmas I had was way back in the 90s when the Sydney Trade Union Club opened and had bands playing all night.

I was amazed last Christmas to see pubs are now allowed to open if they chose - 10pm close but it's a step no less.

Bastids still won't sell you a take away but hey ho, sit in the bar and drink the fucker.

Best christmas I had was when I was stuck in Paris with no money and went round the girlfriends (French) who had finished with me the week before. Her parents felt sorry for me and I wormed my way back in. :wub:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye. Our local is open over lunchtime from 12-2pm then again from 7pm.

superb!

Think just about everywhere is open on Christmas day like.

Was in a Brewer's fayre the other day and noticed they had the brass neck to charge £45 for a shitty 'four course meal' on christmas day (the first course being soup and the last one being coffee).

:wub: Do you get the number for the Samaritans at the bottom of the bill btw?

Not bothered about christmas, by the time it comes around i'm fcked off with the music/people/shopping etc.

prefer halloween

:wub:

Speaking of witch, when the fuck was it expected to send Halloween cards?

Halloween's big in Norn Iron. When I saw all the adults walking around in costumes I thought I was back at university. And I think they're still excited about being allowed to use fireworks or something. Don't celebrate November 5th for some reason :wub:

Halloween's big in Norn Iron. When I saw all the adults walking around in costumes I thought I was back at university. And I think they're still excited about being allowed to use fireworks or something. Don't celebrate November 5th for some reason :wub:

True, get monkied and light fireworks, what's better :icon_lol: bet you i'll end up having to work :icon_lol:

Likelihood this year is that I'll be working right up until xmas eve; temp job at M&S.

If that's the case, then there's a possibility I'll be spending xmas on my own, as everyone would've left. :wub:

Which M&S u working at the one in town or the Metro Centre?

And what Department?

Likelihood this year is that I'll be working right up until xmas eve; temp job at M&S.

If that's the case, then there's a possibility I'll be spending xmas on my own, as everyone would've left. :wub:

And what Department?

Wrong city I think.

And what Department?

Wrong city I think.

Ah right thought he was up here

Special Brew and sprouts?

Now there's a thing.

This board is already divided over the Standing/Sitting arse wiper debate - can we have a show of hands for the pro-sprout crew please?

Buttered with bacon… mmmmmm

Now there's a thing.

This board is already divided over the Standing/Sitting arse wiper debate - can we have a show of hands for the pro-sprout crew please?

Sprouts/sit down/wash hands for me.

Now there's a thing.

Thats the oddest christmas ritual yet tbh.

Now there's a thing.

Thats the oddest christmas ritual yet tbh.

That's why I'm eating at Brewer's Fayre this year. :icon_lol:

Now there's a thing.

I find all greens questionable in terms of whether the effort of putting them in your mouth and eating them is worth it - I get the benefit argument but it still seems like hassle.

I'm not a complete carrnivore - I don't mind tatties in all their form and the odd green - I used to work with a lad who was virtually meat only.

Now there's a thing.

I find all greens questionable in terms of whether the effort of putting them in your mouth and eating them is worth it - I get the benefit argument but it still seems like hassle.

I'm not a complete carrnivore - I don't mind tatties in all their form and the odd green - I used to work with a lad who was virtually meat only.

Greens are good for you and taste lush, do you have the palate of a 5 year old?

I love sprouts properly done. Too often they're overcooked or raw though. Cabbage, brocolli, spinach are all good too.

Greens are good for you and taste lush, do you have the palate of a 5 year old?

I love sprouts properly done. Too often they're overcooked or raw though. Cabbage, brocolli, spinach are all good too.

I grew up pretty much only eating peas and carrots as an accompanyment to meat - however my Mam certainly did sprouts and broccoli occasionally and I don't remember expressing a preference so I must have done so pre-memory.

As an adult I've been able to eat just about everything and found nothing unpallatable so I guess my palate has changed.

I eat a load of greens- French beans, spinach, spring cabbage, broccoli. Love em

Sprouts are natures little parcels of pumpy goodness. Along with roast potatoes and pigs-in-blankets they're an ever present for Christmas dinner, steamed then finished in butter.

Carrots and parsnips , mashed swede,mmmm. Can't wait.